Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO. FORUMS & POLLS on 2012 RAZZIE® Choices... > Member DISCUSSION & Add'l INFO on MAN ON A LEDGE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

MEMBER DISCUSSION of MAN ON A LEDGE...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MEMBER DISCUSSION of MAN ON A LEDGE...
    Posted: January 25 2012 at 1:54pm
I'M GONNA GO 'OUT on a LEDGE' HERE, and PREDICT THIS IS WHERE to POST YOUR 'OVER the TOP' (OR 'OFF the WALL') COMMENTS on MAN ON A LEDGE... 

AND, BEFORE YOU 'JUMP' to ANY CONCLUSIONS, HERE's the LINK to READ Ye Olde Head RAZZberry's TAKE on THIS FILM...ENJOY! 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2012 at 3:28pm
Last year, a movie called THE LEDGE, with basically the same premise, was released on January 21st!
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2012 at 3:31am
THE LEDGE was based on Stephen King's work, apparently.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: For the curious, here's an IMDb LINK for the info on THE LEDGE (which was on our 2011 Eligible Titles list) but only played in 2 theatres in the U.S. and grossed a mere $9,216 (B.O. MoJo LINK)...  

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2012 at 8:52am
Sam Worthington could have a pretty good shot at a 2012 Razzie nomination for Worst Actor.  He's also appearing in "Wrath of the Titans" in March.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2012 at 10:36am
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2012 at 9:16pm
All I can say is, JUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2012 at 9:26pm
 You have to give Hollywood a lot of credit for the incredibly ingenius film titles they are coming up with these days. A few years ago we had Snakes on a Plane. This week we have Man on a Ledge. Coming this summer to a theater near you: Crappy Adam Sandler Movie.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2012 at 10:22pm
Well, there's a film called Lady in a Cage. I don't see what's wrong with titles like these.

Originally posted by saturnwatcher

You have to give Hollywood a lot of credit for the incredibly ingenius film titles they are coming up with these days. A few years ago we had Snakes on a Plane. This week we have Man on a Ledge. Coming this summer to a theater near you: Crappy Adam Sandler Movie.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2012 at 10:49pm
You mean the Lady in a Cage that scored 20% at RT? There seems to be a pretty strong correlation between lack of creativity in titles and lack of creativity in scripts.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2012 at 7:51am
Wow, haha. I didn't even realize it was that low on RT. Regardless, there are only 5 reviews there, which doesn't make it accurate compared to a film with more than 100 reviews. Ironic, since you always suggest to wait for a film to receive more than "2 positive reviews" in order to get an idea of how well the film is liked.

You mean the Lady in a Cage that scored 20% at RT? There seems to be a pretty strong correlation between lack of creativity in titles and lack of creativity in scripts.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2012 at 8:43am
Lady in a Cage  is nearly 40 years old and it isn't exactly regarded as a classic...in fact, it is basically a piece of crap B movie -- I've seen it.  

In this case, I don't think we need 200 RT reviews to evaluate it.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: I, too, have seen LADY IN A CAGE (decades ago) in which 2-time Oscar winner Olivia deHavilland (and the audience) are trapped in an elevator and tormented for 90+ minutes. It was one of dozens of "older female star in a semi-horror film" movies that were made in the wake of the 1962 unexpected smash hit WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO BABY JANE, which co-starred the aging Bette Davis and Joan Crawford. I concur that CAGE is a "piece of crap B movie." If it's remembered at all (which it isn't by most people) it's only for the fact that it features one of the first major roles that cast James Caan. If you have to ask, "Who's James Caan?" then I think my point's been made...  

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2012 at 10:28am
R.T. (20-25%): "Uninspired acting and preposterous plotlines diffuse the film's mildly intriguing premise".

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2012 at 10:29am
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2012 at 11:49am
Ironically, the only reason I know of the film and decided to see it is because of word of mouth. I wanted to see films that were similar to What Ever Happened to Baby Jane and Wait Until Dark, and Lady in a Cage was among the list of recommendations. While I don't think the film is a classic or regarded by anyone as a classic, I think it certainly has more of a cultural impact on people than the forgettable B-movie you two make it out to be. If it was truly forgettable, I wouldn't even know the film existed, and, thus, wouldn't have seen it in the first place. Even compared to villains in films these days, I found the villains in Lady in a Cage to be quite sadistic and truly unlikable which, arguably, is a compliment for the film.

Lady in a Cage  is nearly 40 years old and it isn't exactly regarded as a classic...in fact, it is basically a piece of crap B movie -- I've seen it.  

In this case, I don't think we need 200 RT reviews to evaluate it.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: I, too, have seen LADY IN A CAGE (decades ago) in which 2-time Oscar winner Olivia deHavilland (and the audience) are trapped in an elevator and tormented for 90+ minutes. It was one of dozens of "older female star in a semi-horror film" movies that were made in the wake of the 1962 unexpected smash hit WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO BABY JANE, which co-starred the aging Bette Davis and Joan Crawford. I concur that CAGE is a "piece of crap B movie." If it's remembered at all (which it isn't by most people) it's only for the fact that it features one of the first major roles that cast James Caan. If you have to ask, "Who's James Caan?" then I think my point's been made...  
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2012 at 12:19pm
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2012 at 4:43pm
Looking at the two leads, Sam Worthington MIGHT be a contender if Wrath of the Titans is worse than Clash of the Titans [remake]. Elizabeth Banks has another 4 films coming in 2012. The most likely of them to be one of ours is What to Expect When You're Expecting. Because of its oversized Ensemble Cast, Movie 43 will either be make or break. I'd expect her more than Worthington to get RAZZED because she has more opportunity.  

BTW, HeadRAZZ: You still don't have your official take on this film. It doesn't even say "TEXT TO FOLLOW".
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>