Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO. FORUMS & POLLS on 2012 RAZZIE® Choices... > THE POSSESSION
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Member DISCUSSION of POSSESSION

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Member DISCUSSION of POSSESSION
    Posted: August 25 2012 at 11:54am
JUST WHEN YOU THOUGHT 2012 MIGHT NOT PROVIDE the NECESSARY NUMBER of RAZZIE® CONTENDERS COMES... 

THE POSSESSION!

ALMOST as DOOFY-LOOKING as LAST WEEK's APPARITION, (and TWICE as GENERIC) POSSESSION IS LIKE a SMUDGY, 39-YEARS-LATER XEROX of 1973's ORIGINAL EXORCIST (WHICH, IF YOU GO BACK and RE-WATCH IT, YE OLDE HEAD RAZZ-BERRY BELIEVES IS ONE of the MOST UNDER-APPRECIATED FUNNY HORROR MOVIES of ALL TIME). 

THE ONLY PROBLEM HERE: WHO WILL EVEN REMEMBER THIS MOVIE 5 MONTHS from NOW  WHEN WE'RE VOTING OUR

BELOW IS YOUR CHANCE to MAKE the CASE for KEEPING POSSESSION in MIND (and in CONTENTION) AZ ONE of THIS YEAR's WORST ACHIEVEMENTS in FILM...

OH, and HERE's the LINK to CHECK OUT HEAD RAZZ-BERRY's FOTO FUNNY on THIS FILM...  

AND HERE's the LINK for ADDITIONAL INFO (REVIEWS, PROMOs, CREDITS, and cetera) on POSSESSION... 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2012 at 12:28pm
And why does Oogieloves get a pass?  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: POSSESSION is opening on 700 more screens than OOGIELOVES, and is therefor a wider release (and a stronger contender). As always, if you feel strongly about OOGIELOVES (which I doubt I could ever convince myself to watch) here's the LINK to create a Member-Started Forum on it... 

Oh, you think Exorcist is unintentionally funny? Fine, but be prepared for "blowback" -- Not everyone is going to agree!    

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2012 at 1:02pm
Hang on. Let's wait a couple days to see if OOGIELOVES deserves to be the Bonus Worst of the Week.

Kyra Sedgwick and Jeffrey Dean Morgan's track record is nothing to be proud of. They've been in a bunch of stinkers (specially since they became stars). And director Ole Bornedal's only other American movie was a remake of his own movie, and it was made 14 years ago.

I just can't see how to decide if this or APPARITION looks worse (even though this one has a more clever premise). So we'll just have to watch them and decide for ourselves.
Originally posted by HeadRAZZBerry

ALMOST as DOOFY-LOOKING as LAST WEEK'sAPPARITION, (and TWICE as GENERIC) POSSESSION IS LIKE a SMUDGY, 39-YEARS-LATER XEROX of 1973's ORIGINALEXORCIST (WHICH, IF YOU GO BACK and RE-WATCH IT, YE OLDE HEAD RAZZ-BERRY BELIEVES IS ONE of the MOST UNDER-APPRECIATED FUNNY HORROR MOVIES of ALL TIME).
I liked THE EXORCIST, but yeah, it did have some unintentional funny moments. By the way, does this mean you're back to writing your take in the discussion thread, while your photo funny will be placed separately?
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2012 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by Vits

By the way, does this mean you're back to writing your take in the discussion thread, while your photo funny will be placed separately?

And you only just noticed?
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2012 at 7:19pm
Well, this can't be as bad as The Apparition -- The trailer for it looks pretty nifty.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2012 at 8:01pm
When I saw Prometheus at a midnight showing, everyone in the theater laughed at the trailer for this!  

I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2012 at 11:52am
Before, Head RAZZberry would write only a short comment. Now, he's writing his full take on each film...  

Originally posted by jesse685

And you only just noticed?
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2012 at 1:55pm
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2012 at 7:22pm
R.T. (around 30%): "It may be based on a true story, but that doesn't excuse the way it repeatedly falls back on hoary ghost movie clichés... or the uninentional laughs it provides".
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2012 at 4:05pm
It may be crap, but it's got to be better than EXORCIST 2!!!!!!!!!!!
2014 Pic: LEGEND OF HERCULES! Actor: Aaron Echkardt, Director: Renny Harlin, Remake: Transcendence
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2012 at 4:32pm
Anything is better than EXORCIST 2! 

By the way, as I've said in the past, I don't like when exorcism movies are called "rip-offs" of THE EXORCIST just for being about exorcism. That has become a sub-genre.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2012 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by JoeBacon

It may be crap, but it's got to be better than EXORCIST 2!!!!!!!!!!!

Unless it has bat-nipples, it's guaranteed to be better than Exoricst II.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2012 at 7:16pm
Despite the negative reviews, critics have praised the directing and acting. So it doesn't seem like a contender, unless the Worst Excuse for Horror category comes back.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2012 at 7:20pm
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2012 at 7:24pm
Apparently, Exorcist II: The Heretic was released Jne. 17, 1977, less than 3 years before The Golden Raspberry Award Foundation. If you people REALLY think The Heretic is worse than any of the 200X Worst Picture of the Decade finalists, then it's certainly dodged its fair share of RAZZberry jelly! Besides, the other two Exorcist sequels had to have matched The Heretic in reekage, but I consider Exorcist 4: The Beginning to be the worst because it was released in the New Millennium.

I heard someone say this was an exorcism film that shifts the genre's focus from Roman Catholic to Judaism. The dybbuk is a Jewish folklore spirit reputed to reside in an ancient wine cabinet, and that's the focus of this film. While The Haunting in Connecticut from the winter of 2009 featured what looked like **** billowing out of the characters' mouths, this time it's ivy and/or grape vines!
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2012 at 7:31pm
 Post Reply Post Reply