Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO. FORUMS & POLLS on 2012 RAZZIE® Choices... > RESIDENT EVIL 5: RETRIBUTION
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Member DISCUSSION of RESILIENT EVIL #5

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Member DISCUSSION of RESILIENT EVIL #5
    Posted: September 16 2012 at 4:36pm
I'm back from the suffering known as Resident Evil: Retribution. I'm adding the Resident Evil series to horror movie month.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2012 at 5:29pm
Do you think it should it be nominated for anything?
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2012 at 8:55pm
I'll tell when I review it next month.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2012 at 7:33am
R.T. (30%): "Another predictable entry in the franchise that seems to get more cynical and lazy with each film". Ironically, the rating is the highest of the sequels.
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2012 at 1:53pm
And it's the longest, running almost 2 hours! I stopped RE4 within 10 minutes because the slow-mo annoyed the hell out of me.
Originally posted by Vits

R.T. (30%): "Another predictable entry in the franchise that seems to get more cynical and lazy with each film". Ironically, the rating is the highest of the sequels.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2012 at 2:29pm
But you'll finish it, right -- So you can recommend elements from it for the nominating ballot? 
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2012 at 8:42pm
I was talking about RE4, not RE5. If you're suggesting I watch RE4, so I can watch RE5 just to say what was so bad about RE5...I might have to pass.

But you'll finish it, right -- So you can recommend elements from it for the nominating ballot? 
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2012 at 1:46pm
Sorry, I thought you said "RE 5". But yeah, you should watch both. I know, they're unwatchable. I saw the first 4 back-to-back in 1 weekend!
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2012 at 8:56pm
Time to finish up the Resident Evil series and not a moment too soon! I doubt that you need any background info this time.

Let's start with a brief smattering of the things that didn't suck. Keven Durand's great as Barry Burton, the scenes with Las Plagas are good, and Bingbing Li is good as Ada Wong.

The special effects are still sucky, but I'm at peace with them now. The special effects are the least of the film's many problems. One of the film's "hooks" is that several previously dead characters like Carlos, Rain (Michelle Rodriguez), and One are back as clones. Don't remember the last one? He was the black guy he got cut up by the laser grid near the start of the first one. Other than Rain, the clones have no character whatsoever. The only thing seperating them from regular mooks is that they're played by familiar faces. It's nothing more than a shameless attempt to get more butts in seats without doing anything.

Do you need to be told that Milla Jovovich can't act? Didn't think so. Despite his helicopter getting blown up in the last one, Shawn Roberts is back as Wesker. He has about seven minutes of combined screentime, but still manages to leave an ugly impression. Also, he was given a Heel Face Turn and now he's a good guy. Yes, Worthless Sh*t Anderson made one of the best villains in video game history a good guy. But, the worst thing about the movie is... Sienna Guillery? When I heard that the best part of the Resident Evil series was coming back I was excited as Hell. But, no. Her performance is worse than Jovovich's by a good county. In this film, she's brainwashed by Umbrella to fight against Alice and I don't give a crap anymore.

I could go into detail about how terrible Worthless Sh*t is, but you can probably guess how bad his writing and directing is. So, instead, here's the Razzie nods that I think this film should get. Worst Actress for Jovovich, Worst Supporting Actor for Roberts, Worst Supporting Actress for Guillery, and Worst Prequel, Remake, Rip-off, Or Sequel.

It could be argued that the film I'm reviewing tomorrow isn't a horror movie, but it was too obvious a target to pass up. Grade: D-

Next-up: The Number 23!!!!!
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2012 at 11:34am
After I went to the movies to see LOOPER (thanks for the recommendation; it currently ranks #8 in my list of the all time best), I decided to check this one out.

FYC:
-Worst Actress for Milla Jovovich.
-Worst Supp. Actress for both Sienna Guillory and Li Bingbing.
-Worst Director.
-Worst Remake or Sequel.
-Worst Picture.
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2012 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by saturnwatcher

I'm really not looking forward to having to watch this year's list of nomineesDead

That's a problem lately.  Instead of the Razzie-nominated movies that are laughably bad, most of the movies have been just plain bad.  It's hard to slog through a movie that's just plain bad.

cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2012 at 5:05pm

The virus has gone global. Could you kill 6 billion zombies in just 4 movies?  

Yes.  There's enough nuclear bombs to kill off the world several times over.  One problem, though.  The radiation will kill Alice.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2012 at 5:45pm
I didn't mean "you the U.S."; I meant "you as an individual". Even if you have ALICE's fighting skills, it would still take you a lot of time.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2013 at 12:33pm
My comments (skip to 01:12):

Any thoughts?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12