Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > Member Forum & Add'l INFO on SHARK NIGHT 3-D
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

MEMBER DISCUSSION of SHARK NIGHT 3-D

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MEMBER DISCUSSION of SHARK NIGHT 3-D
    Posted: September 02 2011 at 11:35am
No, I got that. I had asked what did choosing between those 2 movies had to do with anything? I don't really remember if that week a year ago there were plans to make PIRANHA 3-D the "Bonus Worst of the Weak" or not, but my initial question simply was if the critical success of that movie is why this one got an official Forum so late?  

RESPONSE from head RAZZberry: Simple answer (as suggested in my reply above)... NO.  

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2011 at 11:51am
Why am I not thouroughly surprised by MWG's "wanting see this for entertainment purposes"?!? Shocked And when you do see it, you will then tell us how misunderstanding we all are, and how we should appreciate the fact that it is actually a homage to the original Jaws, and we should respect its intent. 

P.S. I missed you man!! Hug

The "Networking IT" Movie Buff!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2011 at 12:29pm
Reading from the "early" reviews, it seems that Shark Night 3D tries to be more like the original Jaws than like last year's Piranha 3-D, which is both fortunate and unfortunate, I suppose.
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2011 at 12:45pm
So in the end, yet another low level producer tries to wring a quick buck (or in this case a quick can of tuna?) from another hard-working creative person's labor of love. Though in Spielberg’s case, making JAWS was apparently more like nightmare!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2011 at 1:34pm
How could you miss me when I was here all along?

Originally posted by ITbeast

P.S. I missed you man!! Hug

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2011 at 1:40pm
MWG left,then ITbeast left,then you came back, and he just came back...and now, we all scream for ice cream! LOL
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2011 at 2:12pm
Yeah!!!!!!Clap

Words to live by:
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2011 at 2:17pm
No Silly, as Vits has already concluded, I was gone Star. But, I have returned, like a cheap sequel in a franchise that has long been dead and should have been given the respect it was due -- Like letting it die in peace!   LOL   

Originally posted by moviewizguy

How could you miss me when I was here all along? 

Words to live by:
Lord Naseby View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Lord Naseby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2011 at 2:38pm
This looks to be typical Hollywood fare in the horror genre these days: These kind of movies come out because they usually sell, and they probably aren't that expensive to make. 

But they are also highly un-original, which sucks. It's a pity, 'cause I was hoping for more from this one.
Lord Naseby read my reviews!

http://lordnasebyblog.blogspot.com/
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2011 at 3:32pm
Oh? I didn't realize that. You were so forgettable. Tongue  

Originally posted by ITbeast

No Silly, as Vits has already concluded, I was gone Star. But, I have returned, like a cheap sequel in a franchise that has long been dead and should have been given the respect it was due -- Like letting it die in peace!   LOL   
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2011 at 4:26pm
I try to get out, but they keep pulling me back in !Party

Words to live by:
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2011 at 6:15pm

I was afraid for a second we would get this wrong. Now it's been released, and the reviews at Rotten T are at 24% (top of the "terrible" range). Apollo 18 has only 1 percent more than this. Metacritic has a contrast: Shark Night 3D is down to 23% at Metacritic (Never thought Metacritic would rate anything lower than Rotten T did again, did you?), and Apollo 18 is at... that's right!: 18% at Metacritic. That's below their 20% threshold for "overwhelming dislike or extreme disgust" (!) Any chance that Apollo 18 could be a Bonus Worst New Movie for Spt. 2?

ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2011 at 6:49pm
I didn't think we would get Shark Bait...I mean Shark Tales...Oh, Anyways the Jaws 3D rip off wrong  (And that was a horrible movie on its own merrits). But a little surprised with Apollo 18...just goes to show you that 1st impressions can sometimes be misleadingShocked

Words to live by:
SuperTeenTopia View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SuperTeenTopia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2011 at 9:03pm
Moviewizguy: You actually haven't heard of any other shark movies except for the Jaws series? 
Then you must have been living under a rock with your fingers in your ears for the past 30+ years. Look up "shark" at IMDb.com and you should find a list about a mile long. It's just that "Jaws" is the only series that is widely known by the mainstream public, since it's a major studio franchise, and not some low budget indie horror flick like most others are.
"People say 'It's all about the story’. When you're making tentpole films, bull$hit." -Andy Hendrickson (Disney Animation Studios' Chief Technical Officer)
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2011 at 11:32pm
OK, saying that I've been living under a rock AND then admitting that most shark films are indie horror flicks (meaning the majority of the public wouldn't know of them) is a contradiction. However, looking at the list on Wikipedia, I recognized Open Water (which was excellent) and Deep Blue Sea (which was OK).
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2011 at 3:32am
Shows you how bad they all are if you can't even remember the names of the blatant generic rip offs...however there is one that still comes pretty close that is a memorable rip off (This to was based on an original Novel as well), except instead of a shark its about a revenge seeking whale called Orca. It stared the late Richard Harris of Camelot (And yes Harry Potter) and Charlotte Rampling of Logan's Run. Universals competitor Paramount decided to churn this out when the original Jaws turned out to be such a whopping success.

At the end of the movie the audience was cheering the whale on to just end the movie so you could leave the Theater and not feel you wasted $5.00 of your parents hard earned money.Clap

If I also remember correctly I believe this movie was also in John's Book of the worst 100 movies of all time, If it wasn't it should have been...I'll verify tomorrow when I get some sleep.Sleepy  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Sorry to say, ORCA actually wasn't in THE OFFICIAL RAZZIE MOVIE GUIDE, even though it was the film debut of 1980s RAZZIE® Icon Bo Derek. When I re-screened it while writing the book, I decided it was just too boring to suggest anyone sit through it!

I do, however, have a favorite anecdote about ORCA: When it played for all of 10 days at the movie theatre I managed while attending UCLA, the film's producer Dino deLaurentiis would come in every day, checking on the grosses (which were piddling at best). When the film failed to even half sell out during its opening week, Dino sat down and began sobbing in our lobby, asking (with his comical Italian accent): "Why nobody love my whale?!?!?"  

Words to live by:
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>