Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO. FORUMS & POLLS on 2012 RAZZIE® Choices... > BATTLESHIP
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

MEMBER DISCUSSION of "You Sunk My BATTLESHIP!"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MEMBER DISCUSSION of "You Sunk My BATTLESHIP!"
    Posted: May 09 2012 at 11:51am
WHEN WE SAW the R.T. NUMBERS on THIS FILM (LINK) WE HADDA WONDER: DID HASBRO PULL a "PIA ZADORA/GOLDEN GLOBES" MOVE to GET THEM??  

HERE's WHERE to OFFER YOUR THEORIES on HOW a MOVIE BASED on a BOARD GAME -- and STARRING BOTH the LUMMOX from JOHN CARTER and POP DIVA RIHANNA in HER "DRAMATIC DEBUT" -- COULD GET ANYWHERE NEAR a 50% POSITIVE NUMBER at R.T.  

MEANWHILE, HERE's the LINK to CHECK OUT Ye Olde Head RAZZberry's FOTO FUNNY on BATTLESHIP... 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2012 at 12:27pm
Wow! A Forum already?!  

This movie was directed by Peter Berg, a director whose quality depends on the material he's given.  

It stars Taylor Kitsch (from JOHN CARTERAlexander Skarsgard (from Vits Award nominee for Best TV Series TRUE BLOOD and last year's STRAW DOGS remake, on which I remember requests for a Forum), Razzie nominee for Worst Couple Brooklyn Decker, 4-time Vits Award nominee (including Best Singer) Rihanna in her theatrical film debut (she played herself in BRING IT ON 3) and Vits Award nominee for Best Movie Performance (for UNKNOWN) Liam Neeson (also from WRATH OF THE TITANS). I sense that at least half of these people could be in consideration.
Originally posted by HeadRAZZBerry

HERE's WHERE to OFFER YOUR THEORIES on HOW a MOVIE BASED on a BOARD GAME -- and STARRING BOTH the LUMMOX from JOHN CARTER and POP DIVA RIHANNA in HER "DRAMATIC DEBUT" -- COULD GET ANYWHERE NEAR a 50% POSITIVE NUMBER at R.T.
Come on, that's not fair. You haven't seen it. Why shouldn't it deserve 50%? PIRANHA 3D got about 80%, because critics said "It was everything I expected". Also, PLAN 9 FROM OUTER SPACE* got 65% because critics said "It's the best bad movie ever".

And, in your take** you said critics were too kind on THE 3 STOOGES. Have you even seen that movie?

*I saw it yesterday, and my opinion was the same as I had for GLEN OR GLENDA.
** Also, I thought you said your takes would only be Foto Funnies until the award ceremony was over.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2012 at 2:21pm
Like I said before elsewhere, even a lot of the positive reviews for this admit that it is stupid.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2012 at 3:59pm
Had to move this over from Dun-Ida's member-started discussion over to here. Here is what I thought should be in consideration from this film: 

Worst Screenplay / Jon & Erich Hoeber 
Worst Prequel, Sequel, Remake or Rip-Off / Rip-off of TRANSFORMERS 
Worst Director / Peter Berg 
Worst Actor / Taylor Kitsch (Also for JOHN CARTER -- if it gets nominated)

And last but not least...

Worst Picture

NOTE: These nominations may change, so I'll let you know if that happens. 

SchumacherH8ter: About Liam Neeson's role in this, I thought it was rather small, decent and thankless. Although, we can still consider nominating him for Wrath of the Worthingtitans.

If you have any questions, suggestions or complaints about my nomination suggestions, please let me know...  

"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2012 at 5:00pm

I think some strange unexplained phenomenon happened, and a revelation came to the critics to make their reviews more generous. Ever since April Fool's Day, critics have given merely "below average" reviews to movies we thought would crash and burn. First American Reunion, then The Three Stooges, now this! My first instinct is that Hollywood got word that more people cared about reviews than ever before, and they bought out half the critics for windfalls to write positive reviews and make bad films get mixed reviews.

Meanwhile, back in December 2000, Dungeons and Dragons got terrible reviews, and was selected as a likely RAZZIE contender. I put it at #22 on the Bottom 40 Films of 2000. So... Correction: This is at least the second board game to film adaptation. Adam Sandler's Candy Land will be the 3rd.
Possible Unofficial Forums, given <35% approval: Ags 8; TMNT '014. Ags 13; Let's Be Cops. Ags 15; The Giver, The Expendables 3. Ags 29; Jessabelle
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2012 at 5:44pm
You forgot about Clue...  

Originally posted by GTAHater767

I think some strange unexplained phenomenon happened, and a revelation came to the critics to make their reviews more generous. Ever since April Fool's Day, critics have given merely "below average" reviews to movies we thought would crash and burn. First American Reunion, then The Three Stooges, now this! My first instinct is that Hollywood got word that more people cared about reviews than ever before, and they bought out half the critics for windfalls to write positive reviews and make bad films get mixed reviews.

Meanwhile, back in December 2000, Dungeons and Dragons got terrible reviews, and was selected as a likely RAZZIE contender. I put it at #22 on the Bottom 40 Films of 2000. So... Correction: This is at least the second board game to film adaptation. Adam Sandler's Candy Land will be the 3rd.

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2012 at 7:23am
If they end up defeating the aliens by shooting giant red pegs at them, I'd say this film should win an Oscar Big smile
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2012 at 11:34pm
Saturnwatcher: I see what you did there. Besides, I saw this a whole month in advance, way before any of you guys, so I already know what happens!  

Grounder the Critic View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grounder the Critic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2012 at 7:03pm
I knew there would be a Razzie discussion on Battlesh*t. Yeah, it's just another Transformers movie minus the Transformers name, and minus Michael Bay.
Pictures move, do they?
jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2012 at 7:57pm
You guys got to take a look at this, here's some parody posters for this with other board games. http://screencrush.com/battleship-posters/
Grounder the Critic View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grounder the Critic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2012 at 5:46am
Put Hungry Hungry Hippos on the list and then the parody will be complete!

Originally posted by jesse685

You guys got to take a look at this, here's some parody posters for this with other board games. http://screencrush.com/battleship-posters/

Pictures move, do they?
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2012 at 7:57am
The only thing about this that might be good is the eventual/inevitable Robot Chicken parody.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Winter's Tale
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2012 at 7:29am
You also gotta take a look at this.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2012 at 7:30am
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2012 at 7:40am
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2012 at 7:42am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>