Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO. FORUMS & POLLS on 2012 RAZZIE® Choices... > BATTLESHIP
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

MEMBER DISCUSSION of "You Sunk My BATTLESHIP!"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MEMBER DISCUSSION of "You Sunk My BATTLESHIP!"
    Posted: May 20 2012 at 10:09am
Here's an interesting thing about The 700 Club: apparently, ABC Family is forced by contract to air it. So it's not their fault (nor is Pat Robertson). As revenge, they put a bunch of disclaimers before it, making it clear that they don't want to air it.  

Originally posted by JoeBacon

No aliens would want to visit Earth. They've been scared off by the 700 Club!
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2012 at 2:52pm
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2012 at 10:47am
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2012 at 6:41pm
This article, from two years ago, is very timely: LINK...

Well, time to rip into that other Taylor Kitsch bomb...  

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2012 at 3:10pm
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2012 at 8:28pm
Who thought that this was a good idea? I'm glad that he or she is probably gonna get fired for this. I'm serious, we can't let them think that adapting board games is a good idea. And, by God, we did. It came in fourth place yesterday with $3 mil. As I mentioned in the One For The Money review, I'm skipping the good section.

Liam Neeson is absolutely wasted here. He must have been literally "wasted" to have agreed to appear in this! The special effects are suprisingly sub-par considering its budget. It's not Underworld: Awakening bad, but still. Rihanna doesn't embaress herself as much as I thought she would, but she still sucks to high heaven. After being the only thing in Just Go With It that I didn't want to beat severely, Brooklyn Decker plays a very anoying character.

After this and John Carter, I have to wonder: what the f*ck did Taylor Kitsch do to his agent to piss him off enough to book him into these two movies? His acting is even worse than it was in John Carter. Alexander Skarsgard is slightly better as his on-screen brother, but not good enough to elevate him out of consideration. The story is just stupid. It's not as bad as One For The Money's script, but that's not saying much. Peter Berg is a dissapointment. He should have known better than to stoop to Michael Bay's level. Granted it's slightly better than Trannies 2, but still.

Speaking of Transformers, that franchise's success is the only reason this exists. Much like how The Vow is a cash-in on Nicholas Sparks, this only exists because the Transformers series prints money. Only difference is that Transformers was based on the cartoon, while this was based on...nothing. 

Grade: F

Next-up: A really bad Joel Schumacher movie!! (But not that one!!! You all know what I mean by that.)
Grounder the Critic View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grounder the Critic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2012 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

Next-up: A really bad Joel Schumacher movie!! (But not that one!!! You all know what I mean by that.)
Let me guess... The Number 23?
Pictures move, do they?
jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2012 at 3:57am
SchumacherH8ter: You didn't mention him in the review, but what did you think of Tadanobu Asano in this?
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2012 at 8:09am
To Grounder: It's not that one. The movie's better than The Number 23 by a decent distance.

To jesse: Tadanobu was bad, but not bad enough to get a mention. Although, the scene where he's "plays" battleship was hilarious!
Grounder the Critic View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grounder the Critic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2012 at 10:57am
Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

To Grounder: It's not that one. The movie's better than The Number 23 by a decent distance.
Okay, gotcha.
Pictures move, do they?
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2012 at 12:46pm
RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Here's a LINK to read a berry interesting article in The L.A. Times (the movie industry's Local Paper of Record) asking why JOHN CARTER got an avalanche of bad publicity when it bombed, while BATTLESHIP (whose b.o. and budget numbers are berry similar -- and which also, coincidentally, starsTaylor Kitsch) got off all but scott free...  

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2012 at 4:15pm
I just saw it. For your consideration:
-Worst Actor for Taylor Kitsch (also for JOHN CARTER).
-Worst Supp. Actor for Liam Neeson (also for WRATH OF THE TITANS).
-Worst Supp. Actor for Gregory D. Gadson.
-Worst New Star for Gregory D. Gadson.
-Worst Director.
-Worst Screenplay.
-Worst Remake or Rip-Off (TRANSFORMERS).
-Worst Picture.

Most of the complains is that the aliens weren't evil. That they seemed to be defending themselves*. Did any of you think that as well? I didn't, but it's because it was hard to pay attention to the plot.

*It's not a spoiler, but I wrote it in white because the point of the question is whether you were able to realize it on your own.

Edit: You'd be happy to know that it currently ranks #48 in my list of the worst movies ever made (there's only 50 titles so far).
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2012 at 8:28pm
So, you gave it a 0?
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2012 at 8:08am
Yep. But I didn't know whether it deserved a 0 or a 1 until the very end. Which is why I'm still rooting for GHOST RIDER 2 to win Worst Picture.
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2012 at 4:02pm
I forgot to mention that I saw this film recently. I've made one attempt before, but I couldn't make it past the hour mark. With a second try, I finally finished it through the end. The verdict? I hated it. While watching it, I was debating if this or Transformers 3 was worse. I decided Battleship was the winner in that battle. The film is so stupid and an assault to the senses. While Transformers 3 was bad, Battleship felt like a huge infomercial for the Navy. I've seen that criticism used in other films before, but it wasn't until I saw this film that I understood what it meant.

Schumacher told me to wait for the unintentionally hilarious scene dealing with a couple of veterans and "Thunderstruck" playing in the background. I didn't laugh. I shouted in anger. But if there was something positive I have to say about the film, it would be the scenes where the grid was laid out, paying homage to the board game. I thought that part was pretty clever, but it wasn't enough to save the film. As for the actors, you can't really blame them. The script is the main culprit to the film's huge fall. As a joke, someone said the film was secretly directed by Michael Bay. I wouldn't be surprised. I see no essence of Peter Berg ANYWAY in the film. 2/10
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2012 at 5:53pm
For what categories do you think it should be nominated?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>