Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO. FORUMS & POLLS on 2012 RAZZIE® Choices... > OTHER 2012 FORUM DISCUSSIONS:ABRAHAM LINCOLN: VAMPIRE HUNTER
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Member Discussion: ABE: VAMP AVENGER...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Member Discussion: ABE: VAMP AVENGER...
    Posted: June 19 2012 at 9:46am
AS WITH PIRANHA 3DD, the MAKERS of ABRAHAM LINCOLN: VAMPIRE HUNTER ARGUABLY SET OUT to MAKE a MOVIE THAT WOULD BE "SO-STUPID-IT's-FUNNY." BUT THERE's a BIG DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SETTING OUT to BE STUPID/FUNNY with a BREAST-OBSESSED KILLER FISH MOVIE and TAKING a NEAR SACRED HISTORICAL FIGURE and TURNING HIM INTO a CARTOONISH CHARACTER. 

IF FOX's FAILURE to PRE-SCREEN THIS FILM (and THEIR LACK of PROMINENT PAID PROMOTION ANYWHERE ONLINE or IN PRINT) ARE ANY INDICATION, IT LOOKS LIKE the STUDIO IS NOT PLEASED with HOW THIS ONE HAS TURNED OUT. 

IF YOU'D LIKE to CHECK OUT Ye Olde Head RAZZberry's FOTO FUNNY on THIS FILM, HERE's the LINK to DO SO...  

AND IF YOU'D LIKE to OFFER YOUR FEEDBACK, FEEL FREE to DO SO BELOW... 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2012 at 2:46pm
For what it's worth, the cast includes Vits Award nominee for Best Movie Performance Anthony Mackie. Although, it also includes Worst Movie Chemistry nominee Mary Elizabeth Winstead.  

The director also made WANTED (6/10), which was so over-the-top that it was good. And the script writer also co-wrote the movie DARK SHADOWS and created THE HARD TIMES OF R.J. BERGER, an MTV show about a nerd with the biggest c*ck in school.
Originally posted by HeadRAZZBerry

THERE's a BIG DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SETTING OUT to BE FUNNY with a BREAST-OBSESSED KILLER FISH MOVIE and TAKING a HISTORICAL FIGURE and TURNING HIM INTO a CARTOONISH CHARACTER.
Yeah, they probably should've chosen a historic figure that was already a type of warrior. I guess they're going for the ultimate irony?
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2012 at 9:22pm
My intuition, 2 1/2 days before release, that this probably won't be as bad as That's My Boy. There seems to be less RAZZIE pedigree, and the director hasn't made any films that ever made my Bottom 40 lists. I'm predicting between 33 and 37% approval rating at Rotten T.  

Also, what effect does this being a novel-to-film adaptation have? And does it mean much that Tim Burton was among the 3+ producers?  

To me, there's so much uncertainty about whether this'll be one of ours, that I'm reserving most of my judgments.

Heck, all I can do is imagine how Konami, the creator of the Castlevania series, reacted to news of this film, let alone the source material.  

saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2012 at 6:26pm
We had a movie where Edgar Allen Poe became an ersatz private detective hunting down a guy committing murders based on his stories. So why not have honest Abe hunt down a few vampires? (Apart from the fact that it is appallingly retarded)
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2012 at 6:33pm
Edgar Allan Poe wrote Horror stories, so that idea makes more sense. With Lincoln, they should've made him the main character in LIAR LIAR.
LOL
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2012 at 7:06pm
Or That's My Boy
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2012 at 8:11pm
No Vits, George Washington should be in Liar Liar. Of course, all that stuff about the cherry tree was a load of B.S. LINK...  

To get back on topic, my dad wants to see this and I'm not one to turn down a chance to go to a movie on someone else's dime.. 
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2012 at 7:16am
Ummm... why?  

Originally posted by saturnwatcher

Or That's My Boy

Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

No Vits, George Washington should be in Liar Liar. Of course, all that stuff about the cherry tree was a load of B.S. LINK...  

To get back on topic, my dad wants to see this and I'm not one to turn down a chance to go to a movie on someone else's dime..

1)I said that because that movie teaches the main character not to lie, and Lincoln is known for his honesty.

2)That's the spirit!
MR View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote MR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2012 at 7:33am
The sequel will be "Sarah Palin - Undefeated Werewolf Hunter"...  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: And I'm guessing she'll hunt them with a high powered rifle...from a helicopter??  

mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2012 at 10:36am
YESSSSS!!!!!!!!!! 24% on RT! Exciting!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see it!!! I'm thinking of a double feature night on Saturday with That's My Boy and Abe Lincoln afterwards. 
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2012 at 11:56am
Today is the birthday of Benjamin Walker (the lead actor). Is that a good sign?
MR View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote MR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2012 at 1:14pm
LOL, probably!!  

And they won't be safe, even in Russia, since she can see Russia from her house...   

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: And I'm guessing she'll hunt them with a high powered rifle...from a helicopter??
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2012 at 8:31am
Gosh, I'm just waiting for the next episode..Grover Cleveland Vs. Frankenstein! Dead
2014 Pic: LEGEND OF HERCULES! Actor: Aaron Echkardt, Director: Renny Harlin, Remake: Transcendence
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2012 at 8:42am
UP-DATE from Ye Olde Head RAZZberry: It's opening day for this movie, and my comment above about Fox's lack of print advertising for ABE: VAMP BABE KILLER seems prescient: Neither today's L.A. Times nor the Orange County Register (the two main papers in the "Greater L.A. Area") have even a tiny print ad for this. They both do, however, have reviews slamming the film. The review in The Register gave it a grade of "D" and opened with the line: "Enormous in its scope and colossal in its stupidity!"... 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2012 at 10:44am
R.T. (35-45%): "It has visual style to spare, but its overly serious tone doesn't jibe with its decidedly silly central premise, leaving filmgoers with an unfulfilling blend of clashing ingredients".

Roger Ebert gave it 3 stars out of 4.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2012 at 10:45am

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>