Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO. FORUMS & POLLS on 2012 RAZZIE® Choices... > TAKEN, TOO!
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: Member Discussion: LET's NOT GET 'TAKEN' AGAIN!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Member Discussion: LET's NOT GET 'TAKEN' AGAIN!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Member Discussion: LET's NOT GET 'TAKEN' AGAIN!!
    Posted: October 01 2012 at 12:31pm
WHEN HE WAS the MAIN GUEST on the COUCH at GRAHAM NORTON's BBC "CHAT SHOW" (PROMOTING THE GREY) LIAM NEESON WAS RIBBED by the HOST ABOUT DOING a SEQUEL to TAKEN, and WAS ASKED: "HOW STUPID IS the DAUGHTER from the FIRST TAKEN to ALLOW HERSELF to GET TAKEN a SECOND TIME?" 

THAT BRIEF CHAT SHOW EXCHANGE EXHIBITS MORE CREATIVE THOUGHT THAN WAS PUT into THIS ENTIRE, BLATANT MONEY-GRAB of a MOVIE -- WITH ROTTEN REVIEWS (93% NEGATIVE and DROPPING), a PLOT THAT's ESSENTIALLY a RE-HASH of the FIRST FILM (OMG, THIS TIME IT's the MOM & DAD WHO'VE BEEN TAKEN and the DAUGHTER HAZ to RESCUE THEM!?!?) and an AD CAMPAIGN THAT MAKES THIS LOOK as GENERIC as HOSPITAL JELLO, TAKEN TOO SEEMS to PERSONIFY WHAT OUR WORST PREQUEL, REMAKE, RIP-OFF or SEQUEL CATEGORY EXISTS to DIS-HONOR.  

WHEN YOU ADD in THAT LIAM's OTHER 2012 RELEASES INCLUDE BATTLESHIP and WRATH of the TITANS, YOU CAN SEE WHY NEESON MAY BE a BIT of a NERVOUS NELLY WHEN NOMINATION TIME COMES AROUND for THIS YEAR's RAZZIES®...  

IF YOU, TOO, ARE AMONG THOSE WHO DON'T FIND THEMSELVES "TAKEN" with the NOTION of YET ANOTHER SEQUEL THAT EXISTS SOLELY to SEPARATE MOVIE-GOERS from THEIR MONEY, FEEL FREE to EXPRESS YOUR OUTRAGE BELOW. 

JUST for FUN, HERE's the LINK to CHECK OUT the FOTO FUNNY for THIS FILM... 

...and HERE's the LINK to the ADD'L INFO PAGE for TAKEN, TOO to CHECK OUT CREDITS, REVIEWS and CETERA... 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2012 at 12:50pm
Last I checked, the mother/wife is the one taken, not the daughter. It seems like she's getting to "learn the skills of her father" according to the trailers I have seen.

Speaking of the daughter, I have a little of a dilemma choosing where to put Maggie Grace. I would assume that she would fit in Worst Actress category for this, Lockout, and the soon to be released Twilight 5. The mother/wife character (Famke Janssen) seems to be more of a fit for Supporting Actress.

As for Liam, should he be Worst Actor for this? Or do you think it is easier to lump him in along with Battleship and Wrath of the Titans as Supporting Actor? (I'm asking Headrazz this.)
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2012 at 1:23pm
Is anyone else kind of hoping that the bad guys kill the daughter? She was dumb, annoying, and Maggie Grace can't act worth sh*t!  

Well, I have homework to do now... and then I review Troll!
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2012 at 5:21pm
Am I the only one here who hated the first TAKEN? I know it only got mixed reviews, but I'm asking because it has become something of a "cult classic." Aside from that pretty cool monologue (no way you don't know what I mean) I felt it was just another action movie. And when I say "hate", I mean I thought it was one of the worst of that year (2009)! 
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2012 at 5:28pm
Technically, it was 2008. It released early in some countries (France - February, U.K. - September) and then released in the United States in January '09.
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2012 at 7:40am
No. And the ones getting taken are the people who buy tickets for this unnecessary sequel!  

Originally posted by Vits

Am I the only one here who hated the first TAKEN?  

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2012 at 8:56am
Luc Besson has confirmed that there's 0 chance of a TAKEN 3 --Cool! 

Now, if we can get him to apologize for the first 2 TAKEN movies, TRANSPORTER 3, LOCKOUT, COLOMBIANA, THE LADY, FROM PARIS WITH LOVE, the TAXI remake and his ARTHUR AND THE INVISIBLES saga... 

Grounder the Critic View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grounder the Critic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2012 at 5:45pm
http://my.spill.com/profiles/blogs/taken-2-audio-review-with-grant

Here's the Spill Crew's review of Taken 2.
Pictures move, do they?
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2012 at 6:26pm
I'll answer, since he hasn't yet. Based on the Razzies history, he'll be listed for Worst Actor for all 3 movies. None of his performances were panned individually. In cases like thatWorst Actor[ress] predominates over Worst Supp. Actor[ress].  

Originally posted by oiram

As for Liam, should he be Worst Actor for this? Or do you think it is easier to lump him in along with Battleship and Wrath of the Titans as Supporting Actor? (I'm asking Headrazz this.)

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2012 at 4:52am
I doubt it. I think Liam will end up being Worst Supporting Actor for Battleship and Wrath of the TItans, and Worst Actor for Taken 2. It just seems like that would make more sense. Sam Worthing is already being considered as Worst Actor for Wrath, as is Taylor Kitsch for Battleship.

HeadRAZZ, what do you think?  

Originally posted by Vits

I'll answer, since he hasn't yet. Based on the Razzies history, he'll be listed for Worst Actor for all 3 movies. None of his performances were panned individually. In cases like thatWorst Actor[ress] predominates over Worst Supp. Actor[ress].

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2012 at 9:48am
What do those other actors have to do with it? Again, I'm talking based on the Razzies history: if an actor appears in a bunch of bad movies in the same year but didn't give a particularly bad performance, then he's listed as Worst Actor for all the titles. Now, if his performance in this movie ends up being terrible, then he'll probably be listed like you say. 

I doubt it. I think Liam will end up being Worst Supporting Actor for Battleship and Wrath of the TItans, and Worst Actor for Taken 2. It just seems like that would make more sense. Sam Worthing is already considered Worst actor for Wrath, and Taylor Kitsch for Battleship.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2012 at 11:02am
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2012 at 11:25am
R.T. (15-20%): "It's largely bereft of the kinetic thrills (and surprises) that made the original a hit".
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2012 at 11:28am
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2012 at 11:56am

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2012 at 12:26pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>