Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO. FORUMS & POLLS on 2012 RAZZIE® Choices... > A THOUSAND WORDS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Member Discussion of 1000 WORDS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Member Discussion of 1000 WORDS
    Posted: March 02 2012 at 11:26am
HERE's YOUR ASSIGNMENT: SEE IF YOU CAN EXPRESS, in 1000 WORDS (or LESS) EXACTLY WHY THIS FILM DESERVES to BE a RAZZIE® CONTENDER...

TO HELP YOU GET STARTED, HERE's a LINK to SEE YE OLDE HEAD RAZZ-BERRY's FOTO FUNNY for THIS FILM...  

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2012 at 11:48am
I'll use Ice Bleu because it's March.

When Eddie Murphy humiliates a mystic badly enough, he gets revenge by cursing Murphy. Once he speaks 1,000 more words, he'll suddenly die. I don't know how well this could do as a horror film premise, but then again the mystic could've killed Murphy where he stood, so there's one molecule of leniency.

I've heard of a manga called Death Note (I've never seen or read it), and the most specific thing I remember about it is: If the cause of death is not filled out in 40 seconds, the default kicks in and the victim just dies of a heart attack. Anyone want to contrast this film with that manga?

The director's name is Brian Robbins, and his resume consists of the following Bottom 40ers: Ready to Rumble, Hardball, Big Fat Liar, The Shaggy Dog [remake], Wild Hogs, Norbit, and Meet Dave. The Perfect Score was a 2004 dishonorable mention film. That's a whopping EIGHT bad films since Y2K!

Lastly, its first review on Rotten Tomatoes is negative.

There, only 169 words! 

MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2012 at 1:01pm
In the words of Metacritic's 2012 Spring Movie Preview (http://www.metacritic.com/feature/spring-movie-preview-2012), 'The long-shelved Eddie Murphy comedy A Thousand Words will likely be one of the frontrunners for next year's Razzie Awards, if the trailer and early buzz is any indication.'  This is in a field that may include "Wrath of the Titans", "The Three Stooges", "Battleship", "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2", and "The Biggest Movie of All Time 3D" if it's released.  Based on the way we've been voting over the past few years, I'm not sure if it's gonna stand out.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2012 at 2:27pm
It makes sense that you chose this movie. Everytime Eddie Murphy has a comeback, he goes back to bad movies. While his turn in TOWER HEIST didn't seem to be memorable, it was something.

It also makes sense that you created this forum now. Next week there are a bunch of possible contenders, so at least one of them will get a forum too.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Film Reel Redemption View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Film Reel Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2012 at 7:58am
*produces fishing rod with a Razzie trophy attached to it*

You want this don't you Murphy?
You see in this filmmaking world there's two types of people my friend. Those with the knowledge of film and those who think they do but really don't.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2012 at 5:36pm
Eddie already has five Razzies, so maybe he wants an even number of Razzies.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
whatsthepoint View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2012 at 6:53pm
Eddie Murphy doesn't care about the Razzies. Also I don't think this will show up on the Final Ballot for 2012.   

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Just did a bit of online research and found out at IMDb that this movie went into production ALMOST FOUR YEARS AGO (LINK) and has been moldering in Paramount's vaults ever since. If that's not an indication that 1000 WORDS has RAZZIE® potential, I don't know what is!  

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2012 at 3:17am
Man oh man -- even when he's not talking, Eddie can still be annoying! 
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2012 at 7:17am
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2012 at 11:33am
This currently has a zero at RT! And, apparently, shares a screenwriter with Jack & Jill.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2012 at 2:49pm
UPDATE from Head RAZZberry: Anyone wondering why Paramount decided not to pre-screen 1000 WORDS for critics need only read this article from the March 8, 2012 Los Angeles TimesLINK.  

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2012 at 5:03pm
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2012 at 8:18am
Grounder the Critic View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grounder the Critic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2012 at 12:59pm
Spill.com review:
http://spill.com/Audio/AudioPost.aspx?audioId=1017
Pictures move, do they?
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2012 at 2:18pm
Nicolas Cage produced this..... Wow. Probably not too surprising, but still.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2012 at 2:40pm
I'm not going to write a thousand words about this bucket of dog turds, because the definitive beatdown of the 2013 RAZZIE winner is on the Salon Web Page. 

And where is this coalition of cow patties standing on the Rotten Tomatoes Tomatometer as of 247 PM on Friday 3/9/12????

A BIG FAT ZERO!!!!!!

2014 Pic: LEGEND OF HERCULES! Actor: Aaron Echkardt, Director: Renny Harlin, Remake: Transcendence
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>