Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO. FORUMS & POLLS on 2012 RAZZIE® Choices... > A THOUSAND WORDS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Member Discussion of 1000 WORDS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Member Discussion of 1000 WORDS
    Posted: March 09 2012 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by JoeBacon

I'm not going to write a thousand words about this bucket of dog turds, because the definitive beatdown of the 2013 RAZZIE winner is on the Salon Web Page.
It makes sense. In AWESOME-O (sorry, GTA), the character of that name gave Hollywood executives the most random movie ideas, most of them starring Adam Sandler. The guy from that article is like that: one of those people who think a new premise means a new story. Not really, since they end up making the same plot. This movie is being compared to LIAR LIAR (which I gave 9/10). I can't say if it's the same until I see it, but it looks that way.

Meanwhile, does Brian Robbins deserve all the hate? Probably. Although he has produced TV shows that defined generations from the 2 previous decades, as a movie director he's made some bad movies. And based on NORBIT alone, his directing style sucks.
Originally posted by JoeBacon

And where is this coalition of cow patties standing on the Rotten Tomatoes Tomatometer as of 247 PM on Friday 3/9/12????

A BIG FAT ZERO!!!!!!
The concensus is "Dated jokes (the movie was shot in 2008) and removing Murphy's voice (his greatest comedic asset) dooms this painful mess from the start".

Who do you think would've worked for this movie (don't name mimes, name actors)? And remember it has to be someone who makes funny faces, not Physical Comedy overall. Jim Carrey... no, I'm afraid he's lost it. The only one I can think of right now is this guy.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2012 at 5:28pm
Well, I went to see the 2013 RAZZIE winner this morning. 

4 People were in the theater with me this morning when I went to see "A Thousand Words". 

It makes Jack and Jill look like Citizen Kane. It makes Bucky Larsen look like a miniseries presented on Masterpiece Theater. Eddie Murphy and his co-constipated-conspiritor, Brian Robbins, deserve to be pelted with RAZZIES at next years ceremonies. And there is a special place in Screen Writer Hell reserved for Steve Koren. Koren should be banned for life from the Writers Guild of America. His "script" sucks dead donkey dicks. The (busted) cherry on the cake--Nicholas Cage produced this fart fest. 11 people "produced" this crapfest? What were these 11 "producers" doing???? Were they crusing Plenty of Fish.com all day while Robbins, Murphy and Koren were going thru the motions?

Note to Paramount. Just have ONE producer per movie so you can hold the guilty party responsible!

This movie meets the Supreme Court's definition of obscenity. It has absolutely NO REDEEMING SOCIAL VALUE WHATSOEVER!

The last time I rooted for the star to get it this bad was when I rooted for Martin Short to take out Tim Allen! All 4 people in the audience were cheering when the tree dropped its' leaves!

Vits asked who this movie would have worked for. Well, maybe Larry The Cable Guy, and even then, Larry would have to smoke a ton of Acapulco Gold to try to make it work. it's 91 minutes of pure asininity. 

2014 Pic: LEGEND OF HERCULES! Actor: Aaron Echkardt, Director: Renny Harlin, Remake: Transcendence
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2012 at 9:48am
Last week, I thought "This will so be forgotten by the end of the year. But just like MEET DAVE and IMAGINE THAT, Murphy will be in consideration for Worst Actor". After reading the reviews, now I'm thinking that, just like NORBIT (released late in February), it will be in consideration for Worst Picture too.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2012 at 9:01am
I'm confused! The poster for 1000 WORDS quotes a positive review. But when I went to the Rotten Tomatoes page and clicked on "view fresh reviews only," there weren't any:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/a-thousand-words/reviews/?sort=fresh

Yes, I know -- it has a 0%. But sometimes even those have at least one positive review... I think.
jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2012 at 7:16pm

Duh! Hadn't you looked at Metacritic?

"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2012 at 8:44pm
Vits, check to see who the quotes are attributed to. There's a very good chance that the person is a quote whore. They say good things about crappy movies so their names can appear in ads. There's an entire website devoted to shaming them that's on my favorites bar. LINK: http://www.efilmcritic.com/
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2013 at 11:02am
I just saw it. Just like with it's "predecessor" BUCKY LARSON (they both score a perfect 0% on R.T.), I think it's one of the worst of the year, but not the worst of all times. Still, I'm sure I'll vote for it on the Razzies for something.
Originally posted by Vits

This movie is being compared to LIAR LIAR (which I gave 9/10). I can't say if it's the same until I see it, but it looks that way.
There are similarities, but it's not a direct rip-off. They're both part of an unnamed sub-genre.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2013 at 9:40am
Skip to 03:55:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12