Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RAZZIE® Basics > Entire RAZZIE® History, Year-by-Year: 1980-2013
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Member Discussion of 1998 Nomz/"Winnerz"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Member Discussion of 1998 Nomz/"Winnerz"
    Posted: September 02 2014 at 2:15pm
The Razzie Nominations for 2010 were still great. The Bounty Hunter, The Last Airbender, Twilight Eclipse and Vampires Suck truly were the Worst of that year (I haven't seen Sex and The City 2 but I'm sure it's awful too). We didn't stray or anything like that. We did our job didn't we?

If you care to find me, Look to the Western Sky :)
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2014 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by moviecritic1994

The Razzie Nominations for 2010 were still great. The Bounty Hunter, The Last Airbender, Twilight Eclipse and Vampires Suck truly were the Worst of that year (I haven't seen Sex and The City 2 but I'm sure it's awful too). We didn't stray or anything like that. We did our job didn't we?

See the relevant thread on Twilight: Eclipse for my reply. Until then, back to the topic at hand. This thread was supposed to be about the 1998 Nominees and Winners. I've corrected that somewhat by taking those discussions to those forums!

So... anyone think they should've nominated The Odd Couple II or Species II for any of the Worst of 1998 RAZZIES? The Odd Couple II reunited the lead stars of one of the best movies of '968 three decades later, and their last film together got panned by critics. It was a nasty critical and commercial failure back in the spring of '998. Species II starred Natasha Henstridge in the same year she did a guest voice for Episode #111, Tom's Rhinoplasty. The first Species wasn't good, but the sequel got even worse reviews!
rushmore View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote rushmore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2014 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by moviecritic1994

I honestly don't know why they get defended. There is no redeeming quality in any of those movies. It's really hard to understand who would defend a movie that pretty much romanticizes abusive and controlling relationships. It's like defending Fifty Shades of Grey, it's very sick.

Maybe because, the last time I checked, everyone's entitled to their own opinion? LOL

Although the sole idea of spending the enternity with Robert Pattinson sounds creepy as hellDead
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2014 at 9:07pm
I haven't seen any installment from either franchise (including the TV series).
Originally posted by GTAHater767

anyone think they should've nominated The Odd Couple II or Species II for any of the Worst of 1998 RAZZIES?

1) MovieCritic has a point. It's not that one shouldn't defend them; it's that the people who defend them usually dismiss their flaws as something technical and meaningless, and, they deny the bad messages.
2) Do you mean the character or the actor?

Originally posted by rushmore

Maybe because, the last time I checked, everyone's entitled to their own opinion? LOL

Although the sole idea of spending the enternity with Robert Pattinson sounds creepy as hellDead
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
rushmore View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote rushmore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2014 at 8:26am
I meant the character yukkkkk! Dead the actor is very good looking Embarrassed
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123