Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO. FORUMS & POLLS on 2012 RAZZIE® Choices... > TWILIGHT SAGA: BREAKING DAWN, PART 2
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: Member Discussion of 2012's RAZZIE® Front-Runner!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Member Discussion of 2012's RAZZIE® Front-Runner!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Member Discussion of 2012's RAZZIE® Front-Runner!
    Posted: November 07 2012 at 9:18am
WE LOOKED at THIS FILM as HAVING the POTENTIAL to BE the RAZZIE® EQUIVALENT of the THIRD and FINAL LORD OF THE RINGS MOVIE -- AFTER the ACADEMY NOMINATED EACH PREVIOUS FILM for VARIOUS AWARDS, THEY FINALLY GAVE BEST PICTURE (and a BUTT-LOAD of OTHER OSCARS) to the LAST FILM in the RINGS FRANCHISE. 

SINCE THEY KNEW THEY'D NEVER AGAIN HAVE the OPPORTUNITY to RIGHTEOUSLY RAZZ WHAT EVERY SANE-MINDED MOVIE-GOER in the WORLD CONSIDERS ONE of the MOST IDIOTIC, INDEFENSIBLE (and UTTERLY LAUGH-OUT-LOUD F-U-N-N-Y!) MOVIE SERIES of the NEW MILLENIUM, WE EXPECTED THIS FINAL FILM to BEAR the BRUNT of OUR VOTING MEMBERS' WRATH at THIS YEAR's 33rd ANNUAL AWARDS...

...and WE KNEW MOST of YOU HAD BEEN ALL BUT SALIVATING (LIKE a SHIRTLESS WEREWOLF in HEAT?) at the PROSPECT of GIVING THIS FILM IT's DIM-WITTED DUE...

HERE at LAST -- in FORUM FORM -- IS YOUR CHANCE...   

----------  

FOR YOUR RAZZing PLEASURE, HERE's the LINK to THIS FILM's FORUM INFO PAGE...  

...and HERE's the LINK to CHECK OUT Ye Olde Head RAZZberry's FOTO FUNNY for IT... 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2012 at 10:09am
As the final installment, I'm guessing this will either be the best or the worst in the saga. It might be the best(like with HARRY POTTER) because of the relief of finally wrapping the story up -- and because of the "epic final battle." However, ECLIPSE was also action-packed, yet it only got mixed reviews. I doubt that it will pull off a FAST FIVE, because except for the occasional meta-joke in ECLIPSE, the saga has taken itself way too seriously, failing to embrace the silly-ness it doesn't even know it has. That's right, I said it! I've defended the saga for the most part, because neither I (nor most critics) think it's anywhere near the worst saga ever made -- but that doesn't mean it's any good. I thought 2 of the movies were OK, but overall, it's a pretty weak saga, and I doubt that this one will do anything to change that. 

As some users have been saying for months, look out for the new cast member Maggie Grace, who was also in LOCKOUT and TAKEN 2. But don't forget about the "usual suspects," especially the ones who've already nominated in past years... 

Originally posted by HeadRAZZBerry

...and HERE's the LINK to CHECK OUT Ye Olde Head RAZZberry's FOTO FUNNY for IT...

Gee...Which name is worse: Suri or RENESMEE

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2012 at 2:14pm
Where does the name Suri come from?  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Sorry, I just assumed everyone on this Forum would recognize "Suri" as the name of the daughter of Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise...who actually does resemble the child actress in TWILIGHT SBD #2... 

ADD'L FYI: GTAHater just posted a MEMBER-STARTED POLL asking about this film's chances of actually "winning" Worst Picture -- Here's the LINK to check it out...and, of course, VOTE in his poll..

Anyways, like every installment of the Twilight Saga since New Moon (Bottom 40 Films of 2009, #11), I know HeadRAZZ is probably planning to plaster it all across the ballot. The only reason I think this'll win Worst Picture, besides being flagged as the RAZZIE Front Runner of 2012, this is the last call to RAZZ a Twilight film, and if we pass it up, it'll be gone forever. I'm praying to God and Science this gets less than 25% approval rating and less than 30% Metascore. Knowing how much even most Twilight fanatics hated the Breaking Dawn book, I can't imagine why it would get exonerated in the reviews. Too bad I have to wait another 1 to 1 1/2 weeks for the reviews to finally come in. Could a film with this much hype having no reviews with just 9 days left until release mean it hasn't been and won't be pre-screened for critics? Whatever the case may be, I'll never forget Robert Pattinson in his role as Cedric Diggory, let alone how he admitted he missed playing that role in The Prisoner of Azkaban (Top 40 Films of 2004, #14) and The Goblet of Fire (Top 40 Films of 2005, #18). By the way, I think he'd be a little more charming if he were Eastern European like his appearance would suggest to me if I weren't familiar with him.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2012 at 3:16pm
My prediction is that this will win == if it's the worst of the saga. If not, then I'd say it's a toss-up between this and BATTLESHIP. 

That's what I think will happen, not necessarily what I want to happen. I think it would be more fun if there was not an obvious "winner" before envelopes are opened.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2012 at 3:32pm
My hope is that this ties with Battleship -- That would make me very satisfied!  
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2012 at 4:04pm
I think there are so many worthy contenders this year that we shouldn't really even have this on our radar until we get some sense of whether or not it deserves our attention. The last one, which was the worst of the group,was decidedly bad -- but not, in my opinion, really worthy of serious Razzie attention. My guess here is that this one will fall in that same category.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2012 at 6:50am
This film should get a number of Razzie Awards for a number of reasons: 

1. It's only gimmicks are that it's based on a novel and it has gratuitous "fan-service."

2. The story butchers vampire and werewolf lore (and basic physics).

3. The whole series plays out like a bad soap opera. 

4. This saga's influence has spawned imitators (most of which are pretty bad). 

5. Moviegoers have been enraged by these movies since the first one stole awards from "The Dark Knight".

Also, this film is likely to be on Peter Travers's list of the Top 10 Worst Movies of 2012.  If it's No. 1, then that may seal its Razzie fate.  

This is the only chance we have left to punish this series for all the bad it's done to the film industry.
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2012 at 6:44am
I've gotta second what Miguel posted. This tacky tetralogy must be trashed.

2014 Pic: LEFT BEHIND Actor: NICHOLAS CAGE Director: VIC ARMSTRONG, DAMN THIS SHOULD WIN EVERY RAZZIE!!!!!
mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2012 at 11:25am
Originally posted by GTAHater767

Where does the name Suri come from?  

I wanted to know that too, rumor has it it's a tribute to L. Ron Hubbard, who has some kind of connections to Surrey, England.

Originally posted by MiguelAntilsu

2. The story butchers vampire and werewolf lore (and basic physics).

3. The whole series plays out like a bad soap opera. 

4. This saga's influence has spawned imitators (most of which are pretty bad). 

Also, this film is likely to be on Peter Travers's list of the Top 10 Worst Movies of 2012.  If it's No. 1, then that may seal its Razzie fate.  

This is the only chance we have left to punish this series for all the bad it's done to the film industry.

I third that. And you are spot on with the imitation problem. I know Oiram mentioned it before and maybe some here knew already, but I just recently learned what retarded crap Fifty Shades of Grey is, and that it was written by a Twilight fan as fan fiction.
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2012 at 11:37am
To HeadRAZZ: Well, I didn't recognize Suri because despite the name sounding remotely familiar, I'd forgotten about it over and over again because I didn't read the tabloids back in 2005. I was preoccupied with whether the Wii (back then known as the Nintendo Revolution) would launch in early-middle 2006 or practically 2007.

To Antilsu: I partially agree. It had spawned all those imitators, including a film that tried to mix the Twilight Saga with Beauty and the Beast. #40 on the Bottom 40 Films of 2011, Beastly, begged us to question whether being the next Twilight was really a good thing when Vits gave it the unofficial forum. The thing is, I think the vampire film fad has wound down since the winter of 2011.

I know little about soap operae, so I can't compare the Twilight Saga to a bad one. But I will say all the previous 3 Twilight films have shown up progressively deeper on the Bottom 40 lists. New Moon was #11 on the Bottom 40 Films of 2009. Eclipse was tied with The Nutcracker 3D for #5 on the Bottom 40 Films of 2010 because we all needed the extra attention that declaring it among the worst films ever made would give us. As for Breaking Dawn Part 1, it was #4 on the Bottom 40 Films of 2011.

Before I forget about the fan service, does anyone know if a film adaptation of Fifty Shades of Grey is in the works?

Most of all, how do I explain to post-Y2K babies that Nosferatu was an evil vampire who preyed on whoever let their guard down?

But the point we can't agree on is the award ceremonies. I wish EVERYONE here would just shut up about the MTV movie awards except in the case of discrediting the Worst Couple category!
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2012 at 1:28pm
Yes, and I've heard Ryan Gosling is being considered for the main male role. I really hope he doesn't accept, because he is so much better than that.

Originally posted by GTAHater767

Before I forget about the fan service, does anyone know if a film adaptation of Fifty Shades of Grey is in the works?

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2012 at 4:43pm
Gosling has too much integrity to star in 50 Shades Of Grey.  

As for Suri, Tom Cruise grew up near my parents, at around the same time. According to my mom, there was an elephant at the zoo then named Suri -- I don't know if that has anything to with her being given that name, but thought that I'd throw that little tidbit out.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2012 at 8:39am
Anybody know how big the buzz is out there for this? I have come across opening predictions as high as $146 million.   

As of right now, I have yet to hear anyone speak about it, and I don't know anybody who is excited to see this. Not one word on the movie blogs I visit. All I have seen are those boring posters everywhere, which put me to sleep...

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Like each of the TWILIGHT movies to date (B.O. MoJo LINK) this is likely to have a huge opening weekend (I'd predict north of $135 million). And this being the final film of the franchise ought to further boost its prospects. Essentially, it's all but guaranteed to wind up among 2012's biggest grossers -- likely in the top 5, certainly among the top 10 (LINK: B.O. MoJo 2012 Chart).  In other words, the converted will flock to see it, while folks like us will mercilessly mock them for falling for this trip yet again...   

MR View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote MR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2012 at 10:05am
Out of curiosity, are the movie blogs that you visit more "male-oriented"? Twilight is one of the first franchises to ever appeal almost exclusively to females -- so it's not going to get much reception from blogs where lots of males are posting.

mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2012 at 10:11am
Not necessarily "male-oriented" -- but definitely more quality-oriented.
jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2012 at 1:35pm
At least most males will have fun this week doing something better: playing Black Ops 2.
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>