Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & INFO on 2013 RAZZIE® TITLES > GENERAL DISCUSSION of 2013 RELEASES...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Members' Discussion of 2013 RELEASES LIST...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 104>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Members' Discussion of 2013 RELEASES LIST...
    Posted: November 11 2013 at 4:05pm
Vits: Why is this?
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2013 at 2:43pm
I wasn't even the least surprised when I found out that modern PG-13 movies have more gun violence than R-rated movies.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2013 at 12:20pm
Grudge Match could go either way, but the presence of Alan Arkin makes me lean more towards "not one of ours."  

I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
moviecritic1994 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2013 at 9:53am
Just watched Grudge Match trailer. I don't know, it doesn't seem like a Razzie Title to me. Though I could be wrong, I will have to see it. 

I can't believe Kim Basinger is in it -- Where the hell has she been?   

If you care to find me, Look to the Western Sky :)
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important MODERATOR

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2013 at 9:40am
ADDITIONAL UPDATE from Head RAZZberry: Who sez Hollywood can't learn new lessons? Here's the LINK to read an article in today's L.A. Times listing the "Seven Lessons" the Industry is likely to "learn" from the Quite-Good-but-Not-Exactly-Spectacular opening grosses on THOR: THE DARK WORLD this past weekend...  

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2013 at 9:17am
UPDATE from Head RAZZberry: Based on this trailer, GRUDGE MATCH may work as a comedy...or it could come across as a lazy/sorry-ass/too-little-too-late attempt to cross-breed every ROCKY movie and RAGING BULL...

Your thoughts??

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2013 at 7:37pm
Why can't they actually listen and take the moment of silence? That is just rude what the audience did.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2013 at 5:49pm
Vits: Wow, people are becoming this uncaring?

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2013 at 4:45pm
I just saw the MTV EMAs and I'm pissed. Not just because of some of the winners, but because Jared Leto asked for a minute of silence for the Philippines and the audience kept screaming. Luckily, Leto thought fast and said "If you support the people in the Philippines make some noise!".
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2013 at 4:23pm
Since we already have Best Man Holiday forum, we can also have Charlie Countryman as a forum later.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2013 at 2:49pm
Turns out that THOR PART 2's reviews weren't so good. Even the 138th adaptation of GREAT EXPECTATIONS had better reviews. Well, not every Marvel movie can have a 80+% rating. We discussed about whether THE STARVING GAMES is eligible or not. Even if it was, I don't think we could nominate it because it has literally 2 reviews!

There's already a forum for BEST MAN HOLIDAY. The only other big release is NEBRASKA, which is getting Oscar buzz. But I noticed that limited release CHARLIE COUNTRYMAN (starring none other than Shia LeBeouf) has early bad reviews.

moviecritic1994 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2013 at 11:22am
Pointless... Pointless.... and Pointless. I just saw Grown Ups 2. Review will be up soon. Just one question... why is this movie so Pointless???!!??!
If you care to find me, Look to the Western Sky :)
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2013 at 11:41am
They've been wanting to keep the franchise going for 4 years (but they shouldn't). With these news at least now we're sure that they want to fix their mistakes.
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2013 at 11:03am
No. The good news would have been if they had just let Terminator be.

Nothing against you, really, but while the last few installments weren't the greatest, the first two still hold up. The second one especially. I think they should just leave it alone.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2013 at 10:49am
FASHION POLICE is one of my favorite shows. I admit I'm not that much into fashion, but it has taught me a lot on how to be a critic. They analyze but in an accessible way so that people that don't know about the subject can understand too (I've tried to apply to my movie reviews).

I don't think Jennifer Lawrence has actually seen the show. They talk about the clothes and accessories, not the weight, height, etc. They do mention it from time to time, but only when it's relevant. And they don't insult. Joan Rivers does insult but we all know her humour. She never means anything she says. Besides, in every episode, she makes fun of herself as well. Anyway, their comments have nothing to do with values or setting an example for the younger generation. Fashion is a business, and each piece of clothing is a work that needs to be reviewed the same way most works are.

Lady Gaga is for fashion what surreal directors are for cinema: They try their best to push boundaries, and critics applaud them 90% of the time. When critics don't applaud them (because there have to be limits), they talk about critics like they don't matter. As for what she said about celebrities being treated like zoo animals, Rivers jokes about the bad things they do. Examples: "I like the design of this yellow dress, but no so much the colour. Maybe because it reminds of Lindsay Lohan's liver"; "Even George Michael would stay away from public bathrooms if it means that he won't have to see that horrible dress again".

What really bugs of this is that they seem to fast forward through half of the show. Whenever they like the way a celebrity is dressed, they don't just praise him/her; they worship him/her! Maybe that's why Gaga seemed sympathetic towards Kelly Osbourne. Among the 4 hosts, she's the one who always try to say something nice even if she hates what she's watching. It's about ego.
Originally posted by oiram

Terminator is getting rebooted?

WHAT THE ****?
So? That's good news. It means they know people didn't like TERMINATOR SALVATION.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2013 at 7:02am
I've never seen an episode of Fashion Police and I never plan to, but do they really make fun of fat celebrities? Because considering Kelly Osbourne's role, that be mighty hypocritical.

I should also mention that I don't hate Jennifer Lawrence anymore.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 104>