Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & INFO on 2013 RAZZIE® TITLES > GENERAL DISCUSSION of 2013 RELEASES...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Members' Discussion of 2013 RELEASES LIST...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 104>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Members' Discussion of 2013 RELEASES LIST...
    Posted: January 13 2013 at 9:27am
RIGHT HERE's WHERE to "DROP YER TWO CENTS" REGARDING ANY 2013 MOVIE (OR MOVIE TREND) YOU'VE GOT A GRIPE ABOUT. 

HERE's the LINK to SEE OUR COMPLETE LIST of 2013 RELEASES...

...AND HERE's the LINK to CHECK OUT VARIOUS FORUM DISCUSSIONS of 2013 RELEASES THAT WERE STARTED by FORUM MEMBERS...   

ANYBODY WANNA GUESS HOW MANY TITLES WE'LL HAVE LISTED by YEAR's END??? 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2013 at 11:35am
The member-started discussions can be upgraded, right? The only reason we made them before you did was because you had other things to do, right Headrazz?  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: While I make it a policy to provide GOLD COLORED LINKS from our Eligible Releases List to any Member-Started Forum, I do not "upgrade" any of them to "Official Forum" status -- largely because that implies that a Forum was started by someone officially representing our Foundation. Despite my appreciation of all our Forum Members' efforts and contributions, that would not be true of any Member-Started discussion...  

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2013 at 12:02pm
Goddammit -- I wanted to do the Forum for The Last Stand!
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2013 at 3:39pm
Well, all I can say is, "WAH!" . . . Wink  

Okay, I can say a little more than that.  It's not surprising that HeadRAZZ would want to set up the forum for an Arnold Schwarzeneggar movie.  He'll probably also set up the forum for the Sly Stallone movie that comes out the week after. 

Don't everybody get so obsessed with "up-grades."  If I recall correctly, movies discussed only in "Member-Started" forums were all over this year's nominating ballot.  I mean, why should HeadRAZZ start another forum page if we've already got one going?  The real goal here is to peg movies that are so bad they deserve our attention.

And we'll have plenty of other movies for us members to create discussion forums alongside HeadRAZZ's picks.  And, remember, sometimes one of them may be moved into a regular discussion thread.  

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2013 at 6:50pm
Okay, looking over the 2013 releases, including some that do not have release dates yet, here are the films to look out for, starting this week. First, films that have limited or no set release date:
The Canyons, InAPPropriate Comedy, Plan 9, Man of Tai Chi, Latino Paranormal Activity, Machete Kills, and Angry Video Game Nerd: The Movie.

Now on to set releases: The Last Stand comes first, though Broken City and Mama could have Razzie potential.

Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters. No doubt that's one, but maybe Movie 43 and/or Parker can push it off.

Bullet to the Head is one, but there's the possibility of Stand Up Guys, or maybe, dare I say it, Warm Bodies.

Identity Thief doesn't seem like the funniest movie, and then there's Glimpse Inside the Mind of Charlie Swan III.

A Good Day to Die Hard is my personal pick, Beautiful Creatures is also possible, and Safe Haven is definitely up there on the Razzie scale.

Dark Skies is from the man that made Legion and Priest, and Snitch is the first of a number of The Rock action movies coming this year. Snitch also has Susan Sarandon.

Jack the Giant Slayer seems just "meh", so Last Exorcism Part II might be the better choice. Stoker is also a possibility.

Oz the Great and Powerful has potential to go either way. Admission and/or Dead Man Down seem like safer bets.

The Cal looks pretty horrible, but maybe we want to go with Burt Wonderstone?

Yeah, Olympus Has Fallen is ours.

G.I. Joe: Retaliation is probably the most likely, but then there is The Host, from the author of Twilight, and Marriage Counselor, another Tyler Perry film, but this one features KIM KARDASHIAN. I gotta say that even though she doesn't seem like she'll be in the film too much, she still looks like a Barbie doll on camera (That's a bad thing, if you cannot guess.)

The Heat doesn't look all too impressive.

42... Only things I could see it nominated for are Worst Supporting Actor for Ford and Worst Remake. Evil Dead is strong possibility, and Scary Movie 5 is undeniable. Oblivion is a little less likely.

Pain & Gain and The Big Wedding are on the s*** list.

Great Gatsby is possible.

Fast and Furious 6 and Hangover Part III seem especially likely.

After Earth is almost a no brainer, though there is also The Internship and Now You See Me.

Man of Steel has stronger possibilities, but Seth Rogen is not having the greatest tract record at the moment, so maybe This is the End?

World War Z looks generic.

White House Down vs. Olympus Has Fallen... both lose.

The Lone Ranger looks like a potential train wreck that has an actual train wreck.

Grown Ups 2... Just, Grown Ups 2. Do I need to explain? Though, Pacific Rim could be a disappointment.

The Conjuring is likely. R.I.P.D., interesting but possibly not good.

The Wolverine might be a let down like the last Wolverine movie.

The Smurfs 2, of course.

300: Rise of an Empire and RED 2, both sequels that may, or may not, be necessary.

We're the Millers could be "ugh", but Elysium could disappoint.

2 Guns and The To Do List are maybes, but is anyone asking for Percy Jackson 2?

Mortal Instruments is another maybe.

Getaway has Selena Gomez, 'nuff said, but then there is Insidious Chapter 2.

Riddick, possibly.

Battle of the Year just for Chris Brown ALONE. I' Frankenstein... I don't know.

Runner Runner is possible, but then The Tomb is has more going for, or should I say against, it.

The Delivery Man, yawn. Paranoia, maybe.

Haunts could have Razzie potential,and so does the Oldboy remake.

Carrie, maybe. Malavita and The Seventh Son, also maybe.

Paranormal Activity 5, YES!

Ender's Game, it's possible.

One Direction Concert Movie 3D. Why not?

A Madea Christmas, 'nuff said.

Anchorman: The Legend Continues. Let me ask you this: How many sequels to successful comedies have actually been good? Then there is Last Vegas, a maybe.

47 Ronin, most likely. Jack Ryan and The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, maybe.

That's it, do you guys agree?
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2013 at 7:02pm
This winter is so hard to predict. I can't wait until Tyler Perry's The Marriage Counselor, 'cause I have to know if the reviews underpass Diary of a Mad Black Woman.

For Jnr. 25, I'm predicting that Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters will be the 2nd worst new film of the week, behind Movie 43.

I'm not sure about A Good Day to Die Hard. Back in July of 2007, Live Free or Die Hard got somewhere around 70% positive reviews from all the aggregate review sites, so I don't see what could doom A Good Day to Die Hard except for its winter release.

P.S.: Kim Dash looks like a Barbie? That reminds me of this short excerpt from Episode 417, A Very Crappy Christmas:
Barbie Doll: Oh, uh, hello good lookin'! What's your name?
Butters Cutout: H'uh, Butters, ma'am!
Barbie Doll: Well, Butters, would you like to slap my ******* around?
Butters Cutout: Uh, no thanks, ma'am, uh I'll get in trouble again!

It just makes me want to slap a Kim Dash doll's ******* around!
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2013 at 9:57am
Last night, the Golden Globes turned out to be one of the best award ceremonies I've watched in years -- I'm not kidding! I'm saying that because, until the very last minute, we didn't know what was going to win Best Picture/Drama. Like I said days ago, the fact that ZERO DARK THIRTY isn't up for the Best Director Oscar lowered its chances. So I thought that another movie would win at the Golden Globes, revealing the new Oscar front-runner. Throughout last night, each of the Best Motion Picture Drama nominees won some awards, so they all had equal odds. ARGO won Best Picture and also Best Director -- even though it's not even nominated for that category in the Oscars. So there's still no clear Oscar front-runner! The only other televised ceremonies here in Chile are the SAG Awards, but since they only award acting, they can't answer my question. Therefore, for the first time in years, the Oscars are truly going to be "unpredictable." 

By the way, if we go by history, BRAVE's win for Best Animated Feature may mirror what happened in 2007: CARS won for having the prettier animation, but HAPPY FEET won the Oscar. 

A couple of questions: Why was Jodie Foster awarded with a lifetime achievement award if she's only 50? Why did Anne Hathaway looked like she was about to cry every minute of the night? And why did Bill Clinton get a standing ovation, if Americans hate him? LOL  

Seriously, though, here in Chile we don't address our former presidents as "Mr. President."  

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2013 at 11:07am
Don't forget to vote:

GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2013 at 1:53pm
In another twist, The Last Stand is now on a 5-0 slide on Rotten T. Breaking Dawn Part 2 got 8 positive reviews before it got 1 negative, and ended in the high 40s in approval rating, so I'm predicting this'll end up in the low 40s. If it keeps the good reviews up, THEN I'll say give it a pass, but definitely don't consider making the forum until it's released! Instead, we should keep the rest of our attention focused on Mama and Broken City for the week. And if they both get good or mixed reviews, I think we should upgrade Texas Chainsaw 3D and A Haunted House to official forums as "Leftover Worst New Movies of the Last 2 Weaks."  

LINK for Last Stand reviews at R.T.  http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/last_stand_2013/ 

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2013 at 3:52pm
Vits: Jodie Foster is one of the most respected actresses in the world and I don't have a problem with her getting a career award. Anne Hathaway strikes me as someone who cries easily. And Americans hating Bill Clinton? He's generally loved here. Just look at the reaction to his speech at DNC. Hell, a few of my Republican friends even like him! 

I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2013 at 5:05pm
Oh, I'm not saying Jodie doesn't deserve the career award -- I'm just curious because they usually don't give it to people that young.

By the way, I read a rant about how she adressed her being gay (link)*. What do you all think about it?

*Press CTRL+F and then type her name. 

Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

And Americans hating Bill Clinton? He's generally loved here. Just look at the reaction to his speech at DNC. Hell, a few of my Republican friends like him.

Maybe "hate" isn't the right word. It's just that, after Bush, he's the most parodied president (no, I haven't done the math). Also, he's been the punchline of so many jokes, and not just about infidelity or having a fat woman fetish (which I don't think he even has). 

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2013 at 6:07am
So, is Last Stand is getting an Official Forum anyways?  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Based on the early reviews at Rotten Tomatoes giving it a surprising 100% Positive rating, I have decided to heed our Forum members' advice and hold off on putting together a formal discussion of LAST STAND at least until more reviews are in. Since there will apparently be no pre-release reviews on MAMA, it's now looking like we won't have a Worst of the Weak pick 'till perhaps next week...or maybe even later this month.  

jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2013 at 12:09pm
Looks A Good Day To Die Hard is getting an R rating after all: LINK...
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
Grounder the Critic View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grounder the Critic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2013 at 12:59pm
Y-E-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S! My body is ready!
Pictures move, do they?
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2013 at 1:58pm
Does the rating really tell you if a movie is going to be any good?

Grounder the Critic View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grounder the Critic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2013 at 4:38pm
I am excited that this film will be rated R, since the last one was PG-13 -- Let's hope this new one is better...  

Pictures move, do they?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 104>