Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & INFO on 2013 RAZZIE® TITLES > GENERAL DISCUSSION of 2013 RELEASES...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Members' Discussion of 2013 RELEASES LIST...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 104>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Members' Discussion of 2013 RELEASES LIST...
    Posted: April 19 2013 at 6:36am
RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Thanks for stepping in, SchumacherH8ter -- You hit my point right on its proboscis! PAIN & GAIN (the formal title has the "ampersand" in it on the ads) looks like it could be a RAZZIE® contender, while everything I'm hearing about BIG WEDDING suggests it should be a RAZZIE® contender. When (and if) pre-release reviews start to post at RT, I may make Bay's latest our Bonus Worst of the Weak. But at this point, it doesn't look like the stronger choice to be sole Worst of the Weak... 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2013 at 6:40am
P.S. from Head RAZZberry: All of the promotional material I've seen for LONE RANGER (including the trailer and the TV spots on last week's MTV Movie Awards) look eerily similar to our 1999 Worst Picture "winner" WILD WILD WEST. Industry word on the film is that RANGER is an unholy mess, and could be this summer's equivalent of JOHN CARTER...  

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2013 at 7:29am
"Unholy" would indicate that it is on the level of Movie 43 or InAPPropriate Comedy, grossly crude and stupidly offensive.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2013 at 9:45am
RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Unlike IN-APP-PROPRIATE COMEDY (which was made on a the shoestring-budget) or MOVIE 43 (made for $6 million) THE LONE RANGER cost a fortune to produce (here's a LINK to a Hollywood Reporter article estimating its budget at about $250 million). Since it's also a remake of a 1981 RAZZIE® "winner" (IMDb LINK) if RANGER were to bomb, I think it would make a far juicier (and likelier) RAZZIE® target than either of the films Oiram mentions above...  

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2013 at 1:13pm
HeadRAZZ: May I take it then that you watched the MTV Movie Awards ceremony?  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Yes, and I found its extreme focus on jokes involving body parts and bodily functions stupidly juvenile and off-putting. Will Ferrell accepting his "Comedic Genius" award (and in the process proving himself to be anything but a "Comedic Genius") was perhaps the most embarrassing bit of the show. I did enjoy noting that when Adam Sandler took the stage, almost every audience cut-away showed someone obviously not enjoying his so-called "funny" repartee (especially Samuel L. Jackson!). I was also surprised by several of the MTV voters' choices -- I would not have guessed that many people under 30 even saw SILVER LININGS PLAYBOOK, let alone appreciated it... 

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2013 at 5:19pm
At first, I was excited to see what Ferrell would do...but eventually, I was counting the minutes until his speech was over. I didn't even understand what the whole thing with Aubrey Plaza was. Also, the fact that the montage of Ferrell's career didn't include a clip of Peter Dinklage (who presented him the award) in ELF, was a missed opportunity.

Originally posted by Head RAZZberry

I did enjoy noting that when Adam Sandler took the stage, almost every audience cut-away showed someone obviously not enjoying his so-called "funny" repartee (especially Samuel L. Jackson!).
Clap 

Originally posted by Head RAZZberry

I would not have guessed that many people under 30 even saw SILVER LININGS PLAYBOOK, let alone appreciated it...

jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2013 at 10:23pm
This is a tad too late but this week's new releases:

- Best Foreign-Language Film Oscar nominee No
- The Other Son
- The Company You Keep
- Olympus Has Fallen
- Bullet to the Head
- Cheerful Weather For The Wedding

If I were to head to the cinemas this weekend, what should I see? I'll be seeing Oblivion on Monday and Iron Man 3 releases next week in Australia so I'll get to see it 1 week earlier than the U.S.
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2013 at 10:23am
Jesse: As a Chilean, I feel obliged to advise you to see NO. If you do, keep in mind that it was filmed to look like '80s news footage (in case you thought that we can't afford cameras with better quality). And please, read my review afterwards. No, I'm not trying to trick into doing that. It's just that I'm one of the very few (left-wing) Chileans that didn't like it, so it may give you another perspective.
Originally posted by jesse685

- The Company You Keep
- Olympus Has Fallen
- Bullet to the Head
Those 3 movies all got around the same R.T. rating. So they're not bad, just equally forgettable.
jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2013 at 2:46pm
Vits: I wouldn't mind with how No looked, I was just looking for a good film, that's all.

Has anyone else posted this because Disney has said from 2015, they'll be releasing a new Star Wars film every year.

Initially, I was rather angry about this, thinking they would be putting on a rushed schedule for the films. But then, I paid attention and found out that they would also be making stand-alone character films through the even years.
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2013 at 5:26pm
Jesse: I didn't mention that because... Well, I guess it didn't surprise me. Disney bought LucasFilm and announced the STAR WARS sequels within the same week. Why wouldn't they plan a movie per year?
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2013 at 1:27pm
I just saw Oblivion and I'm conflicted on it. It's well-made, the acting's good, and the film's never boring. However, there's not one original moment in the entire film. Your enjoyment of the film will come down to how well you can tolerate the unoriginality. Grade: B
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2013 at 1:45pm
Headrazz, you might wanna rethink your judgement of Pain & Gain. Here is an intereview with a real life victim of the gang:LINK
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2013 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

I just saw Oblivion and I'm conflicted on it. It's well-made, the acting's good, and the film's never boring. However, there's not one original moment in the entire film. Your enjoyment of the film will come down to how well you can tolerate the unoriginality. Grade: B
I read that you tweeted about IDENTITY THIEF. You gave it an F. For what Razzies do you feel it should be considered?
Originally posted by oiram

Headrazz, you might wanna rethink your judgement of Pain & Gain. Here is an intereview with a real life victim of the gang:LINK
Not to be disrespectful to that guy, but it's easy to complain about movies based on your life changing things. That's what they should do. In this case, it sounds like they hollywoodize the story too much. But that doesn't necessarily mean it's an awful movie.

I think BIG WEDDING should get a forum A.S.A.P. so that PAIN & GAIN can have an opportunity to get one on Friday if it turns out to be bad.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2013 at 5:21pm
I think Identity Thief should be up for: Worst Picture, Worst Director, Worst Actress (Melissa McCarthy), Worst Screenplay and Worst Screen Ensemble.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2013 at 2:12pm
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2013 at 9:29am
Uh oh, first two reviews for Pain & Gain are Rotten: HERE and HERE

EDIT: Pain & Gain is standing at 50% for now.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 104>