Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & INFO on 2013 RAZZIE® TITLES > GENERAL DISCUSSION of 2013 RELEASES...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Members' Discussion of 2013 RELEASES LIST...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2930313233 104>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Members' Discussion of 2013 RELEASES LIST...
    Posted: May 25 2013 at 8:00am
Happy belated birthday!  

Originally posted by HeadRAZZBerry

I was busy celebrating my birthday Friday... 
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2013 at 8:22am
Happy belated birthday from me, too!  

Originally posted by HeadRAZZBerry

I was busy celebrating my birthday Friday...

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

moviecritic1994 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2013 at 9:04am
Oh my God, I feel so bad for not knowing -- Happy Birthday Head Razz! Clap
If you care to find me, Look to the Western Sky :)
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important MODERATOR

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2013 at 9:35am
RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Aha! Barbra Streisand isn't the only one who can do a GUILT TRIP! Thanx for the the "Bidet Wishes" guys... 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2013 at 1:48pm
One more "happy berated birthday" from me.
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2013 at 2:10pm
Happy B-Day, HeadRAZZ!
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2013 at 5:12pm
Since the subject is kind of starting to pop up, I'll throw thIs guy's two cents into it:

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2013 at 7:17pm
What I took from Chris Stuckmann's video is that we shouldn't boo at any movie in a theatre (especially if the cast and crew are present), but we should applaud. My grandma said something similar: She thinks the Razzies shouldn't exist, but the Oscars should.

I don't think it's immature or inappropriate to express your dislike for a movie. I don't see the difference between booing, throwing tomatoes, and writing a review where you directly insult the movie and everyone involved (which Mr. Stuckmann has done).

He mentioned good movies that were booed at Cannes, but what about the bad ones? I don't know who every person at the screenings is, but if the majority reacts the same way, then isn't it a valid consensus? 

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2013 at 11:31am
The lesbian drama Blue is the Warmest Color (La vie d'Adele) directed by Abdellatif Kechichi has just won the Palme D'or at the Cannes Film Festival. Inside Llewyn Davis took home the Grand Prix. While the prize for best actor and actress went to Bruce Dern for his role in Alexander Payne's Nebraska and Berenice Bejo for her role in Asghar Farhadi's The Past. Other awards went to Kore-eda Hirozaku's Like Father, Like Son (Jury Prize), Amat Escalante's Heli (Best Director), Jia Zhangke's A Touch of Sin (Best Screenplay), Rithy Pahn's The Missing Picture (Un Certain Regard), Anthony Chen's Ilo Ilo (Camera D'or) and Guillaume Gallienne's Me, Myself and Mom (Directors Fortnight)...
Odyssey View Drop Down
Berry Good Friend
Berry Good Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Odyssey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2013 at 4:17pm
Thanks for the Cannes post, Vheid! 

Dern could be the big "comeback" story at next year's Oscars. He earned his sole nomination in 1979 for Coming Home

Originally posted by Vheid

While the prize for best actor and actress went to Bruce Dern for his role in Alexander Payne's Nebraska and Berenice Bejo for her role in Asghar Farhadi's The Past.
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2013 at 6:33am

We apparently missed it, but Razzie winner Steve Forrest passed away more than a week ago -- May 18 to be exact.  

R.I.P. Forrest!  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Forrest had a long and (semi) distinguished career as a character actor, and "won" our 1981 Worst Supporting Actor award for playing Joan Crawford's longer-suffering "boyfriend" in the RAZZIE Classic MOMMIE DEARESTHe apparently died MAY 18 at the age of 87. Here's the LINK for his IMDb page... 

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2013 at 7:03am
I just heard that Charlie Sheen is going to change his name to Carlos Estevez in Machete Kills. Interesting, I guess.

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2013 at 7:31am
UPDATE from Head RAZZberry: While most of the buzz from this year's Cannes Film Festival focused on screenings and events that went well, I was perversely fascinated by the most disastrous debut on the Riviera last week: The press conference and showing for the film MAX ROSE, the first to star France's Favorite "Funny Man" Jerry Lewis since 1995. The press conference prior to the screening apparently devolved into an angry back-and-forth between the star and not only the media but his own sound crew (LINK for L.A. Times coverage). Then they further dug their own graves...by showing the film. Here's the LINK to read a follow-up L.A. Times article quoting reviews on MAX ROSE, which are peppered with the kind of catty comments that I alwaze look for when writing our show's script (including a Variety headline calling the film "excruciating"). If ROSE ever gets U.S. release (and there's a distinct probability it won't) it is definitely one we ought to keep an eye out for...  

BTW: Were he to be nominated as Worst Actor for MAX, this would not be Lewis' first time as a RAZZIE® contender. Way back in 1985, te was nominated for his hideous lead performance in the wretched screen version of SLAPSTICK OF ANOTHER KIND (LINK)...  

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2013 at 8:41am

I've got a story involving Jerry Lewis: One of my film teachers at Le Moyne was at the Tribeca Film Festival this year, where Lewis appeared with Robert De Niro and Martin Scorsese for the 20th anniversery screening of The King of Comedy. According to him, Lewis was acting rude and saying incredibly mean things about one of his co-stars, 1991 Razzie nominee Sandra Bernhard. 

So, I have no difficulty believing that story about Lewis at Cannes.

I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2013 at 8:46am
Here's video of an interview where Jerry Lewis told Inside Edition that if he ever saw Lindsay Lohan walking down the street, he would tell her: "You deserve this and nothing else" -- and then he would smack her across the face. 

I'm not sure if these remarks make him a better person...a worse person...or both! 

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2013 at 10:25am
RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: I also once saw Jerry Lewis "live" -- He was giving the 1984 "Jack Oakie Comedy Lecture" at the Academy Awards' HQ in Beverly Hills. Jerry spoke more highly of himself (and his presumed comedic chops) that evening than any French person ever did. Unfortunately, the clips interspersed throughout his talk failed to support his claim of being a "comic genius," and Lewis came across as a pompous, egotistical has-been. Since I had grown up watching (and often enjoying) his films, I found it both pitiful and frustrating...
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2930313233 104>