Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & INFO on 2013 RAZZIE® TITLES > GENERAL DISCUSSION of 2013 RELEASES...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Members' Discussion of 2013 RELEASES LIST...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435 104>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Members' Discussion of 2013 RELEASES LIST...
    Posted: May 30 2013 at 10:22am
Not only did the Chilean CARNE DE PERRO (DOG FLESH) win in Film Festivals in San Sebastián, Spain and in Gothenburg, Sweden. It has been described as a hyper-realistic movie (whatever that means). It's about a lonely former agent from the dictatorship who tries to re-build his life. That's one of the new releases here, along with THE GREAT GATSBY and "V/H/S". Oh, and also NOW YOU SEE ME. What should I do?
Originally posted by The Larch

No Worst Acting ballot can be complete WITHOUT the inclusion of Charlie Sheen (or is that Carlos Estevez now?) as Worst Actor for his role of the title character in A Glimpse Inside the Mind of Charlie Swan III

Although it got a wider release in February, isn't it technically a 2012 release?

Kate ("weak link") Hudson needs to be in the Supporting Actress category for her "role" in The Reluctant Fundamentalist.

Oiram only writes movies that has been released.

Also, some of those you  listed in lead categories should be in Supporting instead -- like Will Smith in After Earf (word has it that his part is a supporting one, and he has much less screen time than his son Jaden)...

He wrote that before the truth about the screen time came out.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
The Larch View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote The Larch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2013 at 10:39am
[

No Worst Acting ballot can be complete WITHOUT the inclusion of Charlie Sheen (or is that Carlos Estevez now?) as Worst Actor for his role of the title character in A Glimpse Inside the Mind of Charlie Swan III

Although it got a wider release in February, isn't it technically a 2012 release?

Kate ("weak link") Hudson needs to be in the Supporting Actress category for her "role" in The Reluctant Fundamentalist.

Oiram only writes movies that has been released.
 Both Charlie Swan III AND The Reluctant Fundamentalist are on the 2013 Razzie Eligible Releases List...
FYC: WORST Acting Performances of 2014 include: Johnny Depp (X2), Kevin Costner (X3), Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Seth MacFartlane, Sandler (X3), Rob Reiner, Dan Aykroyd (X2), and YES Diane Keaton!
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2013 at 6:28pm
Normally, I really dislike the idea of individuals that are other than human being nominated for Worst Actor, Worst Actress, Worst Supporting Actor, Worst Supporting Actress, or Worst New Star. In this case, I may make an exception:

Grumpy Cat is getting its own movie: LINK

Thoughts about this?

EDIT: Saw the trailer for Machete Kills -- Wow, Sofia Vergara is incredibly annoying in this, but I'm keeping my eye on Lady Gaga, as this is her "acting debut," and there's a chance that, like in the music industry, she'll become "the new Madonna."

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

moviecritic1994 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2013 at 6:57pm
I am a "Little Monster", I must admit. But I do hope Lady Gaga does well in film as well. But if it turns out she's bad, I'll admit it.

However, I find it almost impossible she'll be as bad as Madonna LOL
If you care to find me, Look to the Western Sky :)
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2013 at 2:23pm
Lady Gaga has the ability to transform herself. In the 2011 MTV Movie Awards, she spent the entire night in character as a man, and she totally nailed it. She never broke out of character.

Originally posted by oiram

Grumpy Cat is getting its own movie

I know prejudging is wrong, but I can't think of any possible scenario where this would be a good movie. If we're lucky, it'll end up going direct-to-DVD, like FRED

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2013 at 2:52pm
Unless you're British.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2013 at 3:26am
A new cast member has been rumored for the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie: Whoopi Goldberg. Yeah, you read that right, right here.

I guess that will be the only positive, that I can see that sexy woman on screen again.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2013 at 4:30pm
A clip from the first Academy Awards telecast in color (you may wanna skip to 1:35): 

HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2013 at 9:23pm
RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Historic Footnote -- Ye Olde Head RAZZberry was actually "in the bleachers" at the Oscar ceremony depicted in the clip above. When I was an 11-year-old movie buff, we used to live literally just across the street from The Santa Monica Civic Auditorium, where the Academy Awards were held back then. Didn't spot myself in any of the "star arrivals" footage, but I clearly remember what a "big deal" it was when "First Daughter" Linda Bird Johnson attended with George ("Man-Tan") Hamilton

Ah, memories... 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2013 at 9:30am
Internship forum is up, but we might also want to keep an eye on The Purge. That movie seems like it has a good premise at first glance, until you start breaking it apart, and you think "Wait, I don't buy that at all!"

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2013 at 2:16pm
Yes, we should keep an eye on THE PURGE. Meanwhile, early reviews suggest that Joss Whedon's version of MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING isn't "one of ours".
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2013 at 2:28pm

Of course, why would it be?

Originally posted by Vits

<font ="Apple-style-span" size="3" face="'Courier New', Courier, mono">Yes, we should keep an eye on THE PURGE. Meanwhile, early reviews suggest that Joss Whedon's version of MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING isn't "one of ours".

MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2013 at 3:31pm
I just saw the news about the Grumpy Cat movie and I think that has to be a new low in movie source material.  Clearly, the producers are asking us, "I can has Razzie Award?"
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2013 at 4:47pm
I really do hope "The Purge" does well. It looks like a totally original idea, and something we horror fans haven't seen before. It's better than having "Scary Movie 6".
Grounder the Critic View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grounder the Critic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2013 at 4:53pm
I'm not gonna lie, The Purge, although produced by Michael Bay, is very intense-looking. So I may have to check that out. And yes, it does look like an original horror idea, rather than having another washed-up horror sequel (like say Paranormal Activity 10.

Pictures move, do they?
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2013 at 4:56pm
Michael Bay is producing? Well... at least he's not directing or anything. I still have faith in the picture.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435 104>