Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & INFO on 2013 RAZZIE® TITLES > GENERAL DISCUSSION of 2013 RELEASES...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Members' Discussion of 2013 RELEASES LIST...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4142434445 104>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Members' Discussion of 2013 RELEASES LIST...
    Posted: June 26 2013 at 3:48am
Oiram: You mean that guy who ate McDonald's for breakfast, lunch and dinner for 30 days straight? He's otherwise known as Morgan Spurlock. And I've known he was directing it for months... 

"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2013 at 2:23pm
I'm not going to attack the One Direction movie until I see some reviews.  The last time we had a gimmicky concert movie (Justin Bieber: Never Say Never), the Tomatometer Rating and Metascore didn't swing in our favor.  If there is enough negative buzz for me to call it a flop, then I will consider adding it to the preliminary MMA ballot.  Otherwise, it's going to get lost among the other bad movies that have come out this year.  With the bar already being set low by "Movie 43," "InAPPropriate Comedy," "Scary Movie 5," "Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters," and "Safe Haven;" it's going to be hard for future releases (save "Grown Ups 2") to contend for Worst Picture of the Year (unless "The Starving Games" is released this year).
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2013 at 4:36pm
WHITE HOUSE DOWN's R.T. rating started off at 65% this morning, and it's now at 45%.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2013 at 6:21pm
Meanwhile, The Heat only has one review right now, and while it is on the positive side, it does mention that the script is REALLY cliched.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2013 at 7:17pm
I finally got around to seeing Richard Linklater's Before Midnight. In my opinion, it's easily the best movie of the year (and of Linklater's career). 

My Grade: A+ 

I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Up-next: Reefer Madness
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2013 at 6:23am
New releases here: WORLD WAR Z, GINGER & ROSA, and, THE HANGOVER PART III. What should I do?
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2013 at 6:59am
You thought Hangover Part II was the best BAD movie of the year? You may think the same for Part III!!
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2013 at 12:28pm
For those who've seen MAN OF STEEL: Can you answer these questions?

Originally posted by oiram

You thought Hangover Part II was the best BAD movie of the year? You may think the same for Part III!!

Are you saying I should go see it? 

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2013 at 1:14pm
Yes.

moviecritic1994 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2013 at 5:21pm
Apparently, Sandra Bullock will not be Miss Hannigan in the upcoming "Annie" remake. Cameron Diaz has been cast in the Hannigan role instead. Ugh... she could be good, I guess, but I have serious doubts. 

What do you guys think? 
If you care to find me, Look to the Western Sky :)
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2013 at 7:05pm
Thanks to THE MASK, we know that Diaz can sing and dance -- and she was actually good as a "villain" in BAD TEACHER. I think she could be good in ANNIE.

Originally posted by moviecritic1994

Apparently, Sandra Bullock will not be Miss Hannigan in the upcoming "Annie" remake. Cameron Diaz has been cast in the Hannigan role instead. Ugh... she could be good, I guess, but I have serious doubts. What do you guys think?

Originally posted by oiram

Trailer for the Stallone/Schwarzenegger team up movie, Escape Plan.

Are we supposed to believe that Stallone (at his age) could beat up enough inmates to make all the others be afraid of him?
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2013 at 9:14am
The Heat is the Ted of this year: A comedy I thought would be painfully unfunny, that may turn out to be good. In this case, I'll be glad, because I think Melissa McCarthy deserves to succeed. In fact, I'm thinking about not considering her for Worst Actress for Identity Thief anymore. I am willing to give her a pass, like I did with Chris Hemsworth last year. 

HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2013 at 11:25am
UPDATE from Head RAZZberry: Not to rub it in for Oiram and his inexplicable animosity toward THE HEAT, but here's a LINK to read the glowing L.A. Times review of the film (by a critic with whom I often agree). I myself suspect HEAT has the potential to replicate (or at least approximate) the success of BRIDESMAIDS (B.O. MoJo LINK). 

And, just to show that I, too, am fallible, here is the LINK to the Times' rave review (by a critic with whom I rarely agree) of our current Worst of the Weak pick, WHITE HOUSE DOWN... 

ADDITIONAL UPDATE from Head RAZZberry: Friday estimates are in and, if word-of-mouth on THE HEAT is positive enough, it looks like by weekend's end, it could overtake MONSTERS UNIVERSITY to be #1. But our Worst of the Weak pick WHITE HOUSE DOWN seems destined for a distant third...or possibly even fourth, behind WORLD WAR Z. 

Here's a B.O. MoJo LINK to see the numbers for Friday, June 28... 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2013 at 1:38pm
Sequels for WORLD WAR Z, TAKEN and even THIS IS THE END have been announced. Also, Pixar says they'll make sequels "only every other year." I think that's still too many sequels!  

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2013 at 4:02am
This would be the time I'd usually update my list, but I wanna see how The Lone Ranger actually does before I do it.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2013 at 9:33am
Since THE HEAT got good reviews and I haven't read negative comments about Melissa McCarthy's acting in IDENTITY THIEF or THE HANGOVER PART III, I think she should be in consideration for Worst Actress. 

Meanwhile, there's a new record. I'M SO EXCITED got a 55% on R.T. making it the first Pedro Almodóvar movie to get a rotten rating in 20 years.

Next week, we got THE LONE RANGER (already with a Forum). There's also DESPICABLE ME PART 2 and THE WAY, WAY BACK -- but both of them have good early reviews.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4142434445 104>