Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & INFO on 2013 RAZZIE® TITLES > GENERAL DISCUSSION of 2013 RELEASES...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Members' Discussion of 2013 RELEASES LIST...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4546474849 104>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Members' Discussion of 2013 RELEASES LIST...
    Posted: July 11 2013 at 7:16pm
I saw that L.A. Times poll. Since it was asking people to vote when the answer is obvious (one just has to calculate the losses), I thought it was asking which one most deserved to flop. So I voted for the only one of those movies I'd given a "Zero" to: PLUTO NASH (although, I haven't seen GIGLI).

Originally posted by moviecritic1994

The L.A Times has posted a poll on the Biggest Box Office Bombs of the 21st Century.

Originally posted by oiram

Got bad news guys... a Hot Wheels movie is being planned. They're looking for a director right now.

That doesn't sound so bad. It'll be a car racing movie, right? Well, those can be good.

I would have given it an A if there was more character depth.

So you saw Pacific Rim, too? What grade did you give it?

By the way, Guillermo Del Toro said that he cut scenes that feature character development because: 

A) He didn't want the movie to be too long, and... 

B) He didn't want to pretend to be making a deep movie. (I disagree because that kind of movie can be deep) .  

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2013 at 7:40pm
I'd give Pacific Rim a B.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important MODERATOR

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2013 at 8:08pm
RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: For those interested in seeing (and/or voting in) the L.A. Times poll mentioned above by MovieCritic1994, here (again) is the LINK to do so... 

BTW: The actual title of the poll is not "Biggest Flop," but rather, "Most Embarrassing Flop of the 21st Century"... 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2013 at 7:21pm
Lindsay Lohan is getting her own reality show in the OWN network. Normally I'd be surprised that Oprah would agree to that, but she also gave Tyler Perry a show. 

Originally posted by HeadRAZZBerry

The actual title of the poll is not "Biggest Flop," but rather, "Most Embarrassing Flop of the 21st Century"...

So I should've voted for the one that could've been good? That's a tougher choice!
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2013 at 7:36pm
I think Tyler Perry got THREE shows.

Wasn't there already a Lindsay Lohan reality show? I think it was calle Living Lohan, I remember seeing an ad for it once.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2013 at 8:28pm
Living Lohan was about her mom Dina and her sister Ali. The only good thing about it is this video of Anderson Cooper getting angry about its existence.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2013 at 5:05am

So guys, there are actually quite a few movies coming out next week. Which ones do you think deserve Razzie attention? And do not say Only God Forgives, because I think the movie is way too different from the other movies that are Razzie worthy this year. 

For me, I am going to go with RED 2 and/or R.I.P.D.. I would have put The Conjuring up there too, (especially since the writers also did Whiteout, The Reaping, and of course, the Razzie winning House of Wax remake with Paris Hilton) but early reviews for The Conjuring have been positive so far, so scratch that one. 

I'm not counting Turbo either, because it is animated.

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2013 at 5:16am

OH, and I just recently noticed there was a pretty small movie released around the same time as Grown Ups 2, called Killing Season, starring John Travolta and Robert de Niro (who is already in big trouble for The Big Wedding  -- no pun intended). The reviews for that one were not pleasant, despite the fact at one point, it won in a screenplay contest. Maybe it had something to do with the director ruining any of its hopes? It would not surprise me, because it was directed by the same man who also brought us Daredevil, the first Ghost Rider movie...and When in Rome.  

And boooooyyyyyy, the trailer does not make it look good (YouTube LINK)...

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: I have just one burning question about this film: Why is John Travolta wearing what look like an Abe Lincoln beard bought at 99-Cents Only?? 

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2013 at 8:30am
I think R.I.P.D. will be the worse one because of my theory about Ryan Reynolds that I espoused in my Blade: Trinity review: Ryan Reynolds + comic book movie = sweet Jesus...My Eyes!! 

R.I.P.D. is based on a comic book. Ergo, R.I.P.D. will suck more.

So guys, there are actually quite a few movies coming out next week. Which ones do you think deserve Razzie attention. Do not say Only God Forgives, because I think the movie is way to different from the other movies that are Razzie worthy this year. For me, I am going to go with RED 2 and/or R.I.P.D.. I would have put The Conjuring up there too, especially since the writers also did Whiteout, The Reaping, and of course, the Razzie winning House of Wax remake with Paris Hilton. However, early reviews for The Conjuring have been positive so far, so scratch that one. I'm not counting Turbo either because it is animated.

I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2013 at 8:40am
SchumacherH8ter, what about Killing Season?

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2013 at 11:18am
HeadRAZZ, I know you're here, I want to get your opinion on something.

Killing Season, RED 2, R.I.P.D., which of those three films do you think deserve to be Worst of the Week? (You are allowed to say "All of the above" as well.)

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2013 at 11:30am
RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Of the three titles Oiram mentioned, I'd say maybe KILLING SEASON could be an OK Worst of the Weak choice (since it's "early numbers" as Rotten Tomatoes are pretty lowly: R.T. LINK). But if it's only playing in 12 theatres (and only 14 reviews are in) that suggests it's not showing widely enough to be seen by many members, and is thus arguably not a good choice. As for RED 2, I actually liked the first RED (especially compared to the similar EXPENDABLES, which came out around the same time) and I would argue that R.I.P.D. has a title that indicates it's "self-aware trashy," meaning that if it's silly or unbelievable, it can claim it meant to be. 

Actually, I was hoping to have time later this week to put together that Mid-Year Worst Picture Poll I've been meaning to post since late June. If so, that would take the place of a Worst of the Weak pick this coming Friday...

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2013 at 11:34am
Well, you did put Killing Season on your eligibility list, meaning that it at least plays at the theaters it needs to play at to be eligible. Its not really that I want it nominated across the board, but it could be another movie to nominate Robert de Niro for Worst Actor.

You are allowed to do the poll, however. 

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: I am "allowed"?!?!?!?!? 

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2013 at 11:44am

Sorry, bad choice of words.

I would also like to mention about RED 2: It is very very VERY rare that a sequel to a comedy is as good as the first one, nor even good by itself.

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2013 at 12:04pm
RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: And I would also like to mention that 4 of the 5 principals from the first RED film are returning (Malkovich, Mirren, Parker and Willis) plus you have the added element of Oscar winners Anthony Hopkins and Catherine Zeta-Jones, as well as the director of GALAXY QUEST (which I consider one of the best, most undeservedly over-looked comedies of the last 20 years). 

So I'd say the prospects for RED 2 possibly being  good are at least 50/50... 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2013 at 3:52pm
Oiram: Wow, I didn't feel strongly about the movies you mentioned getting Razzie-attention to begin with, but you saying what people can and can't suggest? That really got on my nerves this time! It might be the way you express things, but sometimes it really sounds as if you think that you decide everything here... 

I have now decided if Only God Forgives drops to somewhere in the thirties or lower on Rotten Tomatoes by Wednesday, I will politely ask (NOT demand!) that HeadRAZZ consider giving it a Forum... 

So guys, there are actually quite a few movies coming out next week. Which ones do you think deserve Razzie attention? And do not say Only God Forgives, because I think the movie is way to different from the other movies that are Razzie worthy this year. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4546474849 104>