Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & INFO on 2013 RAZZIE® TITLES > GENERAL DISCUSSION of 2013 RELEASES...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Members' Discussion of 2013 RELEASES LIST...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5152535455 104>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Members' Discussion of 2013 RELEASES LIST...
    Posted: July 24 2013 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by oiram

Well, 2 Guns is possible, now that you mention it...

Remotely possible. Denzel Washington has never appeared in any film on my Bottom 40 lists for the New Millennium. Even with The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3 [remake], disliked as it was, at least it wasn't Imagine That. Mark Wahlberg, on the other hand, is hit-or-miss. Here's my selection of his resume from the New Millennium:

Planet of the Apes [remake] was on the Bottom 40 Films of 2001 at #19.
The Departed was on the Top 40 Films of 2006 at #1.
Max Payne and The Happening were on the Bottom 40 Films of 2008 at #11 and #6 respectively.
The Other Guys and The Fighter were on the Top 40 Films of 2010 at #39 and #14 respectively.
Ted was on the Top 40 Films of 2012 at #40.
Broken City will most likely earn only a Dishonorable Mention on the Top & Bottom 40 Films of 2013.

Most importantly, the director of 2GUNS has never made anything that got very many award Accolades or any RAZZIES at all, so I think it'll get either favorable or mixed reviews and we'll have to ignore it.

As for the other wide release that day, The Spectacular Now, its early reviews are good, so I think The Smurfs 2 will have to be the Worst New Film of the Weak next week. Depending on which week HeadRAZZ will be busier, I would support him to put the forum up early. If his schedule is looser next week than now, I can wait until the last three days of the month.

UPDATE: I just read the schedule on Metacritic. The Canyons is opening in limited release on August 2. If it's eligible for our awards, I would now encourage HeadRAZZ to start the forum for The Smurfs 2 this week rather than next. If The Canyons is not eligible, all I need to hear is what technicality it would get off on.
Possible Unofficial Forums, given <35% approval: Ags 8; TMNT '014. Ags 13; Let's Be Cops. Ags 15; The Giver, The Expendables 3. Ags 29; Jessabelle
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2013 at 6:58am
Quick heads-up guys: I'm going to be out-of-town until Sunday. The place I'm going doesn't have Wi-Fi, and I don't own (nor ever want to) a Smartphone, so I won't be posting until then.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Winter's Tale
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2013 at 7:35am
SchumacherH8ter: Come back soon :)

HeadRAZZBerry: Why didn't you take time to answer what GTAHater767 asked you?
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2013 at 11:54am
New releases here: BARRIO UNIVERSITARIO, about a robot building contest between Chile's best university (the villains) and a community college (the heroes) and, of course, THE WOLVERINE. What should I do?

Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

Quick heads-up guys: I'm going to be out-of-town until Sunday. The place I'm going doesn't have Wi-Fi, and I don't own (nor ever want to) a Smartphone, so I won't be posting until then.

Cry
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2013 at 12:00pm
I'd pick Wolverine.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

moviecritic1994 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2013 at 4:45pm
Okay... I don't know what is wrong with my brain's curiosity level, but I just intentionally watched "Bucky Larson: Born To Be a Star." I don't know how, but I am now going to try and review this horrible excuse for a film.
If you care to find me, Look to the Western Sky :)
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2013 at 5:11pm
RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: You have my deepest sympathies, MovieCritic1994! BUCKY LARSON, a Berry Deserving 2011 Worst Picture nominee, achieved That Rarest of Bad Movie Credentials -- it scored a PERFECT ZERO on Rotten Tomatoes (LINK). I have to say, as much as I loathed JACK & JILL, I personally thought BUCKY was way suckier (though in its defense, LARSON cost a Hell of a lot less to make than JILL). 

For the Berry Curious, here's the LINK to check out the RAZZIE® Member Forum on BUCKY... 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2013 at 6:16pm
I am going to say something that might not be very popular, but I actually think Bucky Larson should've won Worst Picture instead of Jack And Jill. Unlike the latter, I felt Bucky Larson made me lose a lot of IQ points, it was so dumb and pointless!  

Then again, I looked back on Box Office Mojo. Jack and Jill made $74 Million dollars while Bucky Larson only made $2 Million. Obviously, a lot more people saw "Jack and Jill" and knew how much it sucked.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2013 at 6:49pm
I also think BUCKY LARSON was overall worse. But I'm O.K. with JACK & JILL winning because it was a statement against Hollywood that future generations will still appriciate: People aren't dumb enough to tolerate such stupid concepts. I felt the same when I recently saw Razzie winner STOP! OR MY MOM WILL SHOOT. That's the kind of thing that made CARTMAN/A.W.E.S.O.M.E.-O come up with the most outlandish premises (most of them starring Adam Sandler). And of course the studio executives liked his ideas.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2013 at 6:57pm
Here is the LINK to read my review of Bucky Larson: Born to Be a Star. 

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2013 at 2:02pm
Because of its popularity, SHARK-NADO will get a theatrical release. However, it'll be for one night only*, and it'll be in only 200 cinemas. So it's probably not eligible for the Razzies.

*They think it could be the next ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2013 at 5:09pm
I totally forgot about TOP CAT: THE MOVIE. It's coming out this week in the U.S. It's a Mexican production. When I first posted the trailer, Vheid said the animation made it look like a straight-to-DVD movie. I already saw it when it was released here months ago. It was nominated for my Vits Awards as Worst Animated Movie. Just to clarify, it's a faithful adaptation of the show -- Too faithful. The story and humor are as simplistic as 1960s cartoons, and today there are different standards. Anyway, I think it could have a forum.
jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2013 at 12:27am
Vits: In fact, Top Cat: The Movie was (you guessed it) a straight-to-DVD title in Australia last year. Also, how is it that the newest adaptation of Romeo and Juliet (which was scheduled for release on the 26th of July) released to no reviews? If I'm looking at the wrong release date, just let me know. If it does open and if it plays in either NY or LA, then it should still be in consideration.

Finally, does anyone want me to bring back what are the new releases in Australia?
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2013 at 2:23pm
TOP CAT: THE MOVIE has started off at 15% on R.T.

We always joke about Hollywood running out of ideas, but this time I really think so. Usually movies are remade 20 years later, but they've announced a remake of 2004's THE BUTTERFLY EFFECT. On the plus side, most people didn't like that movie (I did), so maybe they'll finally start remaking (and therefore fixing what does need to be fixed) bad movies only.

There's also going to be a ROCKY spin-off about APOLLO CREED's grandson.
Originally posted by jesse685

how is it that the newest adaptation of Romeo and Juliet (which was scheduled for release on the 26th of July) released to no reviews?
Maybe the producers think it's bad?
Originally posted by jesse685

does anyone want me to bring back what are the new releases in Australia?
I was wondering why you had stopped.

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2013 at 10:54am
I'm back from my vacation.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Winter's Tale
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2013 at 11:13am
Here is the Link to read my latest review. It's on a very Nostalgic film: The 1989 remake of BATMAN... 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5152535455 104>