Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & INFO on 2013 RAZZIE® TITLES > GENERAL DISCUSSION of 2013 RELEASES...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Members' Discussion of 2013 RELEASES LIST...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5455565758 104>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Members' Discussion of 2013 RELEASES LIST...
    Posted: August 02 2013 at 3:30pm
UPDATE from Head RAZZberry: In hopes of cheering up Oiram, who seems bummed by recent feedback from myself and others on the Forum, here's a LINK to read an extensive L.A. Times article on the train-wreck that was the making of Lindsay Lohan in Paul Schrader's THE CANYONS. Even though the film is technically not eligible for RAZZIE® consideration, the article does make a most interesting read -- If only as a primer on How NOT to Make a Movie. 

Here's the LINK...  

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2013 at 5:04pm
Don't worry -- I'm getting better!  
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2013 at 5:29pm
I just saw EVIL DEAD (and I saw the original trilogy in the last few days). The online debates about whether it's good or bad are very heated. I personally don't think it's Razzie-worthy. In fact, I feel it easily could've been as good as the original, and it's definitely better than the sequels.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2013 at 5:55pm
Wait, better than the sequels? Of the original trilogy, I've always thought the first Evil Dead was the weakest one.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2013 at 6:04pm
Haven't some people said that the second Evil Dead is almost a remake of the first one?

Also, have you guys heard the rumor that there's going to be some kind of a "crossover" between the original Evil Dead and the remake Evil Dead?
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2013 at 7:02pm
The first half of Evil Dead II is a mini-remake, but the second half is very different. The second half is a slapstick horror-comedy.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
moviecritic1994 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2013 at 9:08pm
Going to the movies tomorrow, any suggestions on what I should see?
If you care to find me, Look to the Western Sky :)
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2013 at 4:10am
I recommend Fruitvale Station.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2013 at 1:06pm
I think WE'RE THE MILLERS should get a forum A.S.A.P. because it looks like a more obvious contender (it looks like one of those movies where all the characters are *ssh*l*s who end up liking each other and we're supposed to like them too but we can't), and that way, leave a space for a possible bonus forum (PLANES and PERCY JACKSON could easily be bad, and ELYSIUM's early reviews are just average).
Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

Wait, better than the sequels? Of the original trilogy, I've always thought the first Evil Dead was the weakest one.

You're not alone on that. And I get it. Sam Raimi said he wanted the original to be a horror movie, but a lot of people saw it as a horror comedy because of its unintentional laughs. So then he made the sequels as comedies. I didn't like them because they didn't feel like real sequels (aside from other flaws).
Originally posted by oiram

Haven't some people said that the second Evil Dead is almost a remake of the first one?

EVIL DEAD PART 2 began with a recap of the 1st one, but they didn't have the rights to show them, so they re-filmed scenes. They could only get 2 of the 5 main actors, so it affected the continuity. ARMY OF DARKNESS also starts with an altered version of the ending of the 2nd one. Plus, as SchumacherH8er said, they all have different tones and technically belong to different genres.
Originally posted by oiram

Also, have you guys heard the rumor that there's going to be some kind of a "crossover" between the original Evil Dead and the remake Evil Dead?

I did, but I still decided to judge the new EVIL DEAD as a remake instead of a sequel, because that's what we were asked to expect when it came out.
Originally posted by moviecritic1994

Going to the movies tomorrow, any suggestions on what I should see?

THE SPECTACULAR NOW has excellent reviews.
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2013 at 1:15pm
Sad news, Michael Ansara of Star Trek and Batman fame passed away.  

R.I.P.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: For those of you unfamiliar with him, here's the LINK to the IMDb page for Michael Ansara, who passed away this weekend, and had guest starred on many of the most popular TV series of the 1960s-1980s, including STAR TREK, MISSION IMPOSSIBLE, MURDER SHE WROTE, and, with Barbara Eden (his wife at the time) I DREAM OF JEANNIE...  

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2013 at 4:51am
For a taste of what the new Percy Jackson movie is like, here's Chris Stuckmann's online review.

HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2013 at 9:29am
UPDATE from Head RAZZberry: A brief piece posted today on the L.A. Times' website, discussing how Lindsay Lohan's already notorious THE CANYONS "tanked" at the one theatre where it played last weekend in NYC. It's apparently expanding to 10 more screens this Friday...

Here's the LINK to read the article...  

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2013 at 4:53pm
I forgot that LOVELACE is also coming out this week. Does it look like a contender? More than the 4 movies I mentioned before?  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: As of about 6:45am/PST on August 6, LOVELACE had a 65% Positive (or "Fresh") Rating at R.T. (LINK) so I'd have to say it does not seem like an obvious RAZZIE® contender... 

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2013 at 9:03pm
Guess what I just found on YouTube... 

THE HOST! 

Time to review a potential 2013 Worst Picture contender.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2013 at 12:57am
Just posted my review of "The Host" -- LINK
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2013 at 6:25am
Reviews are pouring in for We're the Millers.

Not very good reviews.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: I don't know about "pouring in," I'd say it's more like "trickling." But yes, as of 7:27am/PST on Tuesday morning, MILLERS (with just 10 reviews) had a Berry RAZZ-able R.T. Rating of 20% (LINK). The L.A. Times' review of the film, hardly a rave, also showed up online this morning (LINK).

FURTHER UPDATE from Head RAZZberry: I just now posted the Foto Funny (LINK) and our Forum Members' Discussion page (LINK) for WE'RE THE MILLERS as our Worst of the Weak pick...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5455565758 104>