Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & INFO on 2013 RAZZIE® TITLES > GENERAL DISCUSSION of 2013 RELEASES...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Members' Discussion of 2013 RELEASES LIST...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 104>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Members' Discussion of 2013 RELEASES LIST...
    Posted: February 22 2013 at 5:53am
INPUT from Head RAZZberry: For decades, The L.A. Times acted like a handmaiden to Hollywood, so afraid to do or say anything to offend anyone in the movie business (whose ad revenues kept the paper alive through lean times) that they once admitted to me they dared not run RAZZIE® coverage because they "can't afford to offend Sylvester Stallone." 

The new regime at The Times, however, is unabashedly unafraid to bite the hand of Hollywood -- Evidenced by a provocative, borderline nasty article on the front page of this morning's Times, taking the Academy to task for frequently (read "almost alwaze") failing to nominate box office successes in any major Oscar categories (specifically Best Picture). 

It's a fun and interesting read, and is certain to stir up a hornet's next of Hollywood hand-wringing, "how-dare-theys" and and general horror. But it's just as certain to change...nothing.  

Here's the LINK to read the article yourself... 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2013 at 9:04am
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2013 at 11:01am
...and in other news, apparently Megan Fox has tolerated Michael Bay a little bit more recently, cause she is now April O'Neil.

And Dark Skies is getting pretty bad reviews, so someone should make it's forum. Not me, have work to do.

And since I'll be too busy, here are my predictions for this year's Razzies:
Now, some say since Twilight Breaking Dawn 2 is nominated in every category, it will do what Jack and Jill did last year. However, I would like to point out that Showgirls was nominated for every category in 1995 Razzies, and while it did win a lot, it did not win every category. So, it is possible that Twilight is not getting all awards.
So on to predictions:
First, Worst Screen Ensemble:
I feel that it is truly a fight between Twilight and That's My Boy. That's My Boy's cast did the more embarrassing work, but I feel that since this is the last time alot of them will be nominasted, at least for a good while, it is going to be:
The entire cast of The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2
Next, Worst Screen Couple:
I know many hate the Jersey Shore. I do too, but I have a feeling that the cast members only got a nomination just to show that we really dislike them. I mean, look back at last year; any other time, Palin probably would have won, but at least she can say "I'm not as horrible as Adam Sandler in drag". This comes down really to the Twilight picks. While the couple of Edward and Bella has been bashed over these long years, the recent development of Jacob and Renesmee striked high controversy because it indicated strong pedophilic overtones. Add the fact that people have decided that Taylor is a much worse actor than Robert, and you get:
Mackenzie Foy and Taylor Lautner in The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2
Now on to Worst Prequel, Remake, Rip-off, or Sequel:
Two years ago, Sex and the City 2 won this title over Worst Picture winner, The Last Airbender. The year before that, Land of the Lost won over Worst Picture winner Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. Going back to Showgirls even; that lost to The Scarlet Letter. Why does this keep happening? I have a feeling that maybe to some, this category is sometimes a consulation prize for those that were close, but didn't win Worst Picture. Not always true, mind you, but sometimes it is. So I'm just going to say it right now, I have my doubts that this last Twilight movie will win Worst Picture, but I have a feeling that people want to win some form of it, so:
The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2
On to Worst Screenplay:
There are quite a few worthy nominees here, however, breaking it down, something truly horrible is something that is... bland. It is just bleh, and does the least amount to give us anything new. Worst than that is a screenplay that not only makes the characters bland, but just downright unlikeable, in their bland motives. What makes it even worse is that the screenwriters here previously did a movie that was fun, pretty original at some points, and the characters were likeable. The fact that they could not do this again makes me question how good at writing they really are. Then again, the last thing they wrote had already created characters to work off of in the first place. So, my prediction for Worst Screenplay is:
Battleship (written by Jon and Erich Hoeber; based on the boardgame by Hasbro)
Now to Worst Director:
I feel that this is much like Worst Screenplay this year. This director has made good, enjoyable movies. You would think that he could have brought something to the table in order to make this less of a chore to sit through. Because he failed, I feel that he deserves this spray painted gold this time around. My prediction for Worst Director is:
Peter Berg for Battleship
Worst Supporting Actress:
Singers acting in movies is nothing new, but the fact that there are so many bad at acting, makes you wonder why this practice did not become obsolete. Of course, I am talking about Jennifer Lopez and Rihanna, both of whom starred in movies that were made from a characterless self-help book and a characterless boardgame. Now, Lopez didn't star bad movies only, but she's been in so many bad ones that you wonder how she is still getting acting jobs. However, she still has to compete with fresh blood, and while it is pretty sympathetic fresh blood (for reasons I will not get into), it is still fresh blood who was pretty unconvincing, and some what laughable, in her first time acting. So, my prediction is:
Rihanna in Battleship
Worst Supporting Actor:
You might think that the easy route is to pick the guys that played themselves in a movie, like Hasselhoff or Ice. However, considering the bad buzz this character has been receiving recently, add to the fact that people believe the man is not improving as an actor in anyway, this shirtless pedo wolf seems like the more obvious choice:
Taylor Lautner in The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2
Worst Actress:
Jovovich and Streisand are just there out of hate, and are not really there to win. While Perry seems like the choice for some, and he has been nominated many times, I have the gut feeling that he will sadly not be walking away with any awards at this time. No, this award is more of a cat fight in Jello bewteen Stewart and Heigl. Stewart has gotten alot of flak for the Bella character, and some might say it was just because of the character. Now, she's been getting flak for being herself. She seems to be just as bland as the Bella character, and she got steamy with a first time director, who is/was married to boot! You might say that real life does not factor into winning, but do I need to bring up OJ Simpson again? I wish Heigl could win, but maybe this nomination is just to make up for the fact that she should have been nominated years back. Sorry to say, but it looks like the winner is:
Kristen Stewart for Snow White and the Huntsman and The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2
Worst Actor:
This category is a gladiator battle between Cage, Perry, Sandler, and Murphy. Pattinson has been starting to work his way up, so it seems like he should be safe, but maybe not. Again, this race is so tight that Perry will not win, and Cage, despite this probably being his last eligible time, does not seem to have the drive to win now. And as much as Murphy has been going through such a career nosedive, there is still the fact that he was not in the movie that won last year, and sometimes, one actor or actress from that movie still gets the venom from the haters, so the winner is:
Adam Sandler in That's My Boy
Worst Picture:
As Jed Clampett would say "Whew doggie!" I mean, it seems like a pretty tight race between Battleship, That's My Boy, and Twilight. A Thousand Words was bad, but maybe it would won Worst Picture if lesser bad movies were released, and Oogielocves just got unlucky. As tight of a race it is, I think people recognize that Twilight is stupid, but it is still not bad enough to win. That's My Boy, as repugnant and unfunny as it is, at least can say it was not based on a characterless and alienless boardgame. Yeah, I think you know what my prediction is:
Battleship
What do you guys think?

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2013 at 12:56pm
WHAT THE FLICK?! does an Oscar preview:

Originally posted by HeadRAZZBerry

The new regime at The Times, however, is unabashedly unafraid to bite the hand of Hollywood -- Evidenced by a provocative, borderline nasty article on the front page of this morning's Times, taking the Academy to task for frequently (read "almost alwaze") failing to nominate box office successes in any major Oscar categories (specifically Best Picture).
Sorry, but it's not different from any other complain about snubs we always read/hear. Besides, there's a big problem in the article:

1) THE AVENGERS only got a Best FX nod. Being nominated for Best Picture and only that would send the wrong message. At least 007: SKYFALL is nominated for more categories, and it was almost nominated in acting categories.
2) Everyone agrees that THE DARK KNIGHT RISES was inferior to THE DARK KNIGHT. Of course it wasn't going to be nominated for the category that its predecessor didn't get.
3) Despite surprisingly great reviews, I don't remember anyone predicting a Best Picture nod for THE HUNGER GAMES.
Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

Well, this movie exists for some reason.
Of course it has to. Despite negative reviews (and Razzie nominations), the first 2 were box office hits. What, they weren't? OK, but it has a fanbase. It doesn't. Well, that didn't stop the director from making the first sequel, so maybe he just had the urge to make another one. He died years ago? I got nothing.
Originally posted by oiram

And in other news, apparently Megan Fox has tolerated Michael Bay a little bit more recently, cause she is now April O'Neil.
Wasn't he the one that had to tolerate her? Wait, why do I even care?
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2013 at 1:07pm
Dark Skies' reviews are about the same as Joyful Noise 13 months ago, so I'd recommend thinking before putting up a forum for it. If you believe it to be worse than the pro critics say, then go ahead and put it up. But please, back up your claim that the critics are too generous if you do.

April O'Neil? You mean like the apple of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' eyes? Quite a shame they're patching things up. Michael Bay has no talent, and Megan Fox was part of what made Revenge of the Fallen the #1 Worst Film of 2009.

To whomever posted the Baby Geniuses 3 link: Apparently it was direct-to-DVD, so we can't RAZZ it. They could still pull a High School Musical 3 and release the 4th one in theatres, though thankfully that's unlikely. But if they really have to make any more Baby Geniuses films, let alone release them theatrically, the least they can do is give the toddlers Tena Slip Maxis to wear.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2013 at 1:12pm
Quick heads up: I'm gonna be live-Tweeting the Oscars this Sunday. I'm gonna post my predictions tomorrow and if my predictions are off by more than 50%, I'll live-Tweet a REALLY bad movie. I was thinking maybe Mac And Me or The Garbage Pail Kids Movie. You can suggest one, but it has to be on NetFlix streaming.
jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2013 at 6:28pm
SchumacherH8ter: Well, I've suggested a REALLY bad movie, 'the film' made by the same name in your username. I won't mention it, but you'll know what I'm talking about.
Just a heads-up for the forum members: I will be live-tweeting the winners of my awards in a few hours time and then post them here on the forum. Here's my Twitter handle to follow: @jesse685
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2013 at 7:49pm
Batman And Robin isn't on NetFlix streaming. There's a couple of Schumacher films on there, but they're either ones I've already reviewed (8mm and Trespass) or would make for boring live-Tweets (Blood Creek and Twelve).
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2013 at 7:58pm
The Methane Movie Awards are about to begin.  Follow me on Twitter: @MiguelAntilsu
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2013 at 11:18am
Oiram, you edited your post just as I was writing mine. That's why I didn't comment on your predictions.

The difference with SHOWGIRLS is that its hatred is nothing compared to the anti-TWILIGHT people. I do think it could sweep like JACK & JILL did. The only category that I know it will win is Worst Remake/Sequel. If you go to the Rotten Tomatoes site where people voted for the category, you can read the comments. Most of them say that BREAKING DAWN PART 2 needs to win because it's the last installment. There are also some that say that they didn't see any of the 5 nominees but still voted for BD2 just for being a TWILIGHT movie (although there are similar comments about voting for WITNESS PROTECTION just for being a Tyler Perry movie).
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2013 at 11:36am
The 2013 YouReviewers Movie Awards (it is vital that you read the description box). You'll never guess which ones win Best and Worst Movie.
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2013 at 11:50am
Originally posted by Vits

<font ="Apple-style-span" size="3" face="'Courier New', Courier, mono">Oiram, you edited your post just as I was writing mine. That's why I didn't comment on your predictions.
<font ="Apple-style-span" size="3" face="'Courier New', Courier, mono">
<font ="Apple-style-span" size="3" face="'Courier New', Courier, mono">The difference with SHOWGIRLS is that its hatred is nothing compared to the anti-TWILIGHT people. I do think it could sweep like JACK & JILL did. The only category that I know it will win is Worst Remake/Sequel. If you go to the Rotten Tomatoes site where people voted for the category, you can read the comments. Most of them say that BREAKING DAWN PART 2 needs to win because it's the last installment. There are also some that say that they didn't see any of the 5 nominees but still voted for BD2 just for being a TWILIGHT movie (although there are similar comments about voting for WITNESS PROTECTION just for being a Tyler Perry movie).

I still feel that Twilight will not walk away with Worst Picture because even the worst of Twilight is not that bad, and a lot of people recognize that. People even say this recent movie is not as bad as the previous entries. Wasn't good, but still not as bad. I am not saying it is impossible for Twilight to sweep, but I feel that they are not going to really do that. I think that they'll just compensate by having it win many awards. But heck, we'll see in a few hours. Not making any bets, by the way.

Also, how many of those that commented on the Rotten Tomatoes poll are actual Razzie voters?

EDIT: Consider this: Adam Sandler's movies have been getting a much worse reputation than before. Heck, not counted the animated movie, they've been bombing. Next year we see Grown Ups 2, let us not forget. What I am saying is, maybe the voters want Sandler to be the firs man to win Three consecutive Worst Actor Razzies.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2013 at 5:00am
All my predictions were correct except for Worst Director, Screenplay, and Picture. I told you Twilight would not do the Jack & Jill sweep, but it still won Worst Picture. I am honestly disappointed. It is not good, don't get me wrong, but compared to the other nominees like Battleship and That's My Boy? I know this is (possibly) the last time Twilight will be on the Razzie lists, but you could have easily just given it the Worst Sequel or Remake award and that would have been its consolation prize. I'm sure some others will share my disappointment. Maybe now it is done, we can actually focus on the REAL Worst Pictures.

Worst Director for Bill Condon is also something I'm disappointed in. I know he's made Oscar worthy movies in the past*, and he should have known or done better, but I felt Peter Berg gave more disappointing results.

What was interesting is that Twilight did not win Worst Screenplay. That went to That's My Boy. I mean, if you guys have decided to bash the Twilight movies, why not go all the way and have the author herself win? She "helped" in writing the screenplay this time! Still, my pick would have been Battleship, but That's My Boy is a good choice too.

Now Headrazz, I know you have said that IMDb is probably false in saying that five people, including Sandler, did uncredited rewrites to the script, but didn't That's My Boy feel like it went through a few rewrites?

So again, I do not mind the wins except for Worst Picture and Director. I hope that a disappointment like this does not happen again.

By the way, place your bets now. I have a feeling Sandler is going to be the first man to win THREE WORST ACTOR RAZZIES IN A ROW.

*Matter of fact, he's working on one right now, possibly to make up for being associated with Twilight

mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2013 at 6:42am
My votes are represented in only three categories.
Can you say outvoted? LOL
I'm not really disappointed, but still mourning the snubbing of Devil Inside.
However, can't wait for the release of Grown Ups 2 and see how Sandler does regarding a potentially third winning.
And also, hopefully the show will soon be uploaded on the Razzie YouTube channel. I read great comments about it.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2013 at 8:00am
The only categories that went to something I voted for were Worst Supporting Actor and Worst Screen Couple.

And now a quick note on the terrible movies I might live-Tweet: Mac And Me is expiring on Netflix streaming at the end of the month. I was planning on doing it in March so that can be ruled out. Here's some other terrible movie on Netflix streaming: Shining Through, Godzilla's Revenge, and the Sgt. Pepper movie.

And here's my Oscar picks:
Picture: Lincoln (I'm still not convinced that Argo's going to win)
Director: Steven Spielberg
Actor: Daniel Day-Lewis
Actress: Jennifer Lawrence
Supporting Actor: Tommy Lee Jones
Supporting Actress: Anne Hathaway
Original Screenplay: Zero Dark Thirty
Adapted Screenplay: Lincoln
Animated Film: Wreck-It-Ralph
Foreign Film: Amour
Cinematography: Lincoln
Editing: Argo
Production Design: Les Mis
Costume Design: Les Mis
Make-up And Hairstyling: Les Mis
Score: Lincoln
Song: Skyfall
Sound Mixing: Les Mis
Sound Editing: Argo
Visual Effects: Life Of Pi
Documentary: Searching For Sugar Man
I don't usually do the shorts category, but Paperman should (and probably will) win Best Animated Short, but I don't really count this with the other categories.
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2013 at 12:08pm
Since I've nowhere else to say it, I'll give my take on the 2012 RAZZIES here.

I have mixed feelings on Breaking Dawn Part 2 winning Worst Picture. I'm partly for it because most of the 50% of viewers who liked it were already fans of the franchise anyway, let alone Twi-Hards. It's a big "in your face!" to the (beep)s who ate up that (beep) like it were candy. You could say it won on principle because all the hype, all the box office, all the media promotions, and it has no staying power. That is, people will not remember the Twilight Saga in the decades to come. Most importantly, I should've expected Breaking Dawn Part 2 to win despite having better entertainment value than the previous 4 Twilight films because this was the last call, and now Twilight's most likely gone for good. But I'm also half against it; All I need to say is that I voted for A Thousand Words for Worst Picture!

Mr. Michaels had a good argument for keeping the Worst Couple category: Nominations like The Wicker Man [remake] for Nicholas Cage and his bear costume. It always makes me think, "Why can't couples like those win Worst Couple more often?" For Worst Couple, I voted for Madea's Witness Protection for Tyler Perry and his drag get-up. Of course, the pedophilic implications between Jacob Black and Renesmee Cullen were completely out of line on the part of those who made Breaking Dawn Part 2, so it figures that nothing else would stand a chance. And as I'll always say about the category, I've accepted that it's here to stay, but should be renamed "Worst Couple, Triple, Quartet, or Medley".

For Worst Remake, Rip-off, or Sequel, I remember voting for either Piranha 3DD or Total Recall [remake]. If I didn't vote for one of those, I voted for Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance.

And if my memory serves me, for Worst Supporting Actor, I voted for Battleship and Wrath of the Titans for Liam Neeson.

Again, I think the deciding factor in Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2 sweeping the 2012 RAZZIES was the "Last Call" parameter.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 104>