Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & INFO on 2013 RAZZIE® TITLES > GENERAL DISCUSSION of 2013 RELEASES...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Members' Discussion of 2013 RELEASES LIST...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 104>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Members' Discussion of 2013 RELEASES LIST...
    Posted: January 22 2013 at 1:03am
I have to say that this always kind of bothered me about this Forum: Why is it that every time when HeadRAZZ doesn't make a forum about a certain movie, people get so worked up about it? Come on, is it REALLY that important?? I also think that indirectly insulting HeadRAZZ by saying that "he's losing it to old age" is a bit tasteless (I know that you probably didn't mean it as an insult Oiram, but to me it came across as rude -- I mean, he does allow us to have a much bigger role in the discussions about what's on the Razzie-radar through this site, at least in compared to other award -shows. And I kind of think that this at least deserves some respect...  

Sorry for the bad grammar, I am typing this on my SmartPhone and find it impossible to correct sentences after I've typed them...  

GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2013 at 7:14am
Many of us are just bitter because the GRAF picked Broken City when we had a weekend packed full of much worse looking films ahead of us, and the prospect of one of them NOT being an official contender, even in the case they get worse review averages. We know it was all about the lost money, but that's not good enough for most of us because nearly all the critics were neutral towards Broken City, thus strongly suggesting it's not going to be near one of the worst films of the year (or the winter, or even the month!)

I never said HeadRAZZ was losing it, getting too old, or anything of the sort. In fact, I was advising him NOT to disclose any medical problems he might have (I'm such an open book that I don't emphasize privacy very often)! For all I know, he could be in perfectly good health and I wouldn't think it would be worth cutting his family's privacy to know. I just think it's a little strange that the additions of new forums has slowed in the past 2-3 years when there are about as many bad films every year as ever...

...and I still don't have a full explanation for it. My only idea was that he wanted to emphasize the ones that lost the most money, starred the RAZZIE repeat offenders, and came as remakes and sequels to past films, and leave the rest for our Unofficial Contenders, which have perfectly good odds of making the final ballots anyway. (Only difference is that, to my memory, they've never made the final cut).

Here's my question for Vheid: You're a LOT more conservative with the new subforums than most of us here. If you were in charge of adding new subforums, what would your policy be? (Can you describe in detail?) I ask because 2013 has a big spike in RAZZIE prospects compared to 2011 and 2012, though I can't make a case for more forums until after you make your case for fewer forums.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2013 at 11:05am
I've been invited to an avant premiere. It's for a comedy called EL BABYSITTER (really). My grandma knows the director. Just to clarify, here, there aren't red carpets or paparazzi. Even when it's a movie from a director with prestige, it inclued a cocktail and that's it. Anyway, I'm excited!
Originally posted by GTAHater767

Many of us are just bitter because the GRAF picked Broken City when we had a weekend packed full of much worse looking films ahead of us, and the prospect of one of them NOT being an official contender, even in the case they get worse review averages. We know it was all about the lost money, but that's not good enough for most of us because nearly all the critics were neutral towards Broken City, thus strongly suggesting it's not going to be near one of the worst films of the year (or the winter, or even the month!)

Hang on a minute. I never said anything like that. Actually, I think BROKEN CITY was a good pick, based on its reviews. Despite the silly premise, THE LAST STAND turned out to be merely decent. The same with MAMA, despite the stupid title.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2013 at 1:33pm
Okay then. How do you explain the 48% "mean average" at Metacritic? How about the fact that, out of the 32 reviews, there are twice as many green as red, 20 of them are in the yellow, and 15 of them gave Broken City exactly 50%? And most of all, someone tell me why Broken City deserved the forum instead of Movie 43 (in the instance that Movie 43 will get the kind of reviews I think it will, based on the staggering level of scatology, and stars a LOT more actors and actresses with past history with the RAZZIES)? But if it has to be only Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters, the fact that I put up the forum for Movie 43 instead of HeadRAZZ will kill ALL odds of Movie 43 making the finals for the Worst of 2013 RAZZIES. It's exactly what happened to Beastly, I Am Number Four, Passion Play, and A Little Bit of Heaven. They got recommended, but they didn't get nominated like they might have had they been official instead of unofficial contenders.  

Originally posted by Vits

I've been invited to an avant premiere. It's for a comedy called EL BABYSITTER (really). My grandma knows the director. Just to clarify, here, there aren't red carpets or paparazzi. Even when it's a movie from a director with prestige, it included a cocktail and that's it. Anyway, I'm excited!

Many of us are just bitter because the GRAF picked Broken City when we had a weekend packed full of much worse looking films ahead of us, and the prospect of one of them NOT being an official contender, even in the case they get worse review averages. We know it was all about the lost money, but that's not good enough for most of us because nearly all the critics were neutral towards Broken City, thus strongly suggesting it's not going to be near one of the worst films of the year (or the winter, or even the month!)

Hang on a minute. I never said anything like that. Actually, I think BROKEN CITY was a good pick, based on its reviews. Despite the silly premise, THE LAST STAND turned out to be merely decent. The same with MAMA, despite the stupid title.
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2013 at 2:36pm
This week is a pretty big week for awards.

Thursday: Nominees for the Methane Movie Awards are announced
Saturday: Winners of the Producers Guild of America Awards are announced
Sunday: Winners of the Screen Actors Guild Awards are announced

The last two might give us an idea of what the Academy might choose.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2013 at 7:50am
When I left the theater after EL BABYSITTER, there were TV news teams ready to interview the audience. I did my best to avoid them, because I was too embarrassed to say how much I hated it. 

To give you some idea, here's the poster for the movie: 

The tagline reads "Which of these 2 would you babysit?". Me? Neither. They're not my type. And you guys?

Okay then. How do you explain the 48% mean average at Metacritic? How about the fact that, out of the 32 reviews, there are twice as many green as red, 20 of them are in the yellow, and 15 of them gave Broken City exactly 50%? And most of all, someone tell me why Broken City deserved the forum instead of Movie 43 (in the instance that Movie 43 will get the kind of reviews I think it will, based on the staggering level of scatology, and stars a LOT more actors and actresses with past history with the RAZZIES)?
BROKEN CITY got a forum instead of THE LAST STAND, not instead of MOVIE 43. And I personally don't trust Metacritic. I prefer Rotten Tomatoes.
Originally posted by oiram

Trailer for Olympus Has Fallen
Great! I was worried we wouldn't have a 2013 answer to RED DAWN.
Originally posted by MiguelAntilsu

This week is a pretty big week for awards.

Thursday: Nominees for the Methane Movie Awards are announced
Saturday: Winners of the Producers Guild of America Awards are announced
Sunday: Winners of the Screen Actors Guild Awards are announced
Are you saying your awards are as important as the other two?
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2013 at 12:52pm
Vits: Not really, but there may be a few surprises among them.  

The year 2013 will see several films that were initially going to be released earlier than when they are now coming out.  Here's an article that focuses on those films: 

jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2013 at 1:37pm
On Friday, I will reveal my nominations for the F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking? Awards, but I need you guys to decide some things which I'll post soon.
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2013 at 5:18pm
Can't wait!  
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2013 at 7:10am
Of course that EL BABYSITTER is now in theaters, and I'll warn people about it. The other new releases here are LINCOLN and SAMMY'S ADVENTURES PART 2. Oh, and also HANSEL & GRETEL: WITCH HUNTERS. What should I see?
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2013 at 12:32pm
I still don't know which movie deserves a forum, but maybe this will help:

1) PARKER's R.T. rating has started off with 0%.

2) I just found out that H&G:WH was shot in 2011 and it's only being released now because of Jeremy Renner's blockbuster* success. The same thing happened last year with 2 movies that ended up in the Razzie ballots: HOUSE AT THE END OF THE STREET with Jennifer Lawrence, and, RED DAWN with Renner's AVENGERS co-star Chris Hemsworth.

3) Guess where MOVIE 43 is placed on the list of the biggest movie ensembles of all times. Also, with that article, now I know how many Razzie nominees (including current nominee Snooki) star in the movie.

*He became a star with THE HURT LOCKER and THE TOWN, but now he prooved that he can attract many audiences.
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2013 at 3:55pm
It would make me happy if all three titles got a forum, but I know that's unlikely at this point.

Also, first clip from jOBS

and trailer for
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2013 at 4:49pm
The Methane Movie Awards nominating ballot is now closed.  The nominees will be listed in the order of which they will be presented on the night of the ceremony (February 22).

Worst Remake, Adaptation, or Ripoff
Battleship (an adaptation of the board game)
One for the Money (an adaptation of the novel by Janet Evanovich)
Red Dawn (a remake of the 1984 film)
Total Recall (a remake of the 1990 film)
What to Expect When You're Expecting (an adaptation of the book by Heidi Murkoff)

Worst Sequel
Atlas Shrugged: Part II
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
Piranha 3DD
Taken 2
Wrath of the Titans

Worst Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role
Matthew Fox in "Alex Cross"
David Hasselhoff in "Piranha 3DD"
Taylor Lautner in "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2"
Mike Sorrentino in "The Three Stooges"
Daniel Sunjata in "Gone" and "One for the Money"

Worst Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role
Brooklyn Decker in "Battleship"
Sienna Guillory in "Resident Evil: Retribution"
Nicole Polizzi in "The Three Stooges"
Rihanna in "Battleship"
Kerry Washington in "A Thousand Words"

Worst Performance by a Cast
Battleship
The Devil Inside
Piranha 3DD
That's My Boy
A Thousand Words

Worst On-Screen Pairing
Gerard Butler and either Jessica Biel, Uma Thurman, or Catherine Zeta-Jones in "Playing for Keeps"
Katherine Heigl and either Jason O'Mara or Daniel Sunjata in "One for the Money"
Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart in "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2"
Adam Sandler and either Andy Samberg, Leighton Meester, or Susan Sarandon in "That's My Boy"
Reese Witherspoon and either Tom Hardy or Chris Pine in "This Means War"

Worst Achievement in Writing (Screenplay)
Atlas Shrugged: Part II (written by Duke Sandefur, Brian Patrick O'Toole, and Duncan Scott; based on the novel by Ayn Rand)
Battleship (written by Jon Hoeber and Erich Hoeber; based on the board game by Hasbro)
The Devil Inside (written by William Brent Bell and Matthew Peterman)
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance (written by Scott M. Gimple, Seth Hoffman, and David S. Goyer)
That's My Boy (written by David Caspe)

Worst Propaganda Disguised as a Feature Film (Special Category)
Last Ounce of Courage
Occupy Unmasked
October Baby
2016: Obama's America

Worst Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role
Miley Cyrus in "LOL" and "So Undercover"
Katherine Heigl in "One for the Money"
Kate Hudson in "A Little Bit of Heaven"
Milla Jovovich in "Resident Evil: Retribution"
Kristen Stewart in "Snow White and the Huntsman" and "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2"

Worst Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role
Nicolas Cage in "Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance" and "Seeking Justice"
Eddie Murphy in "A Thousand Words"
Tyler Perry in "Alex Cross"
Adam Sandler in "That's My Boy"
Sam Worthington in "Man on a Ledge" and "Wrath of the Titans"

Worst Achievement in Directing
Sean Anders for "That's My Boy"
Peter Berg for "Battleship"
Rob Cohen for "Alex Cross"
Bill Condon for "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2"
John Putch for "Atlas Shrugged: Part II"

Worst Motion Picture of the Year
Battleship
The Devil Inside
One for the Money
Piranha 3DD
That's My Boy

The link to the poll will be posted once the poll has been reviewed by the host site.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2013 at 5:22pm
I just found out that MOVIE 43 has also been on the shelf. And longer than H&G:WH! Anyway, since neither will have reviews for days (Statham and J-Lo's PARKER has reviews, and it'll probably stay around 15%), maybe one of them or both are destined to be next week's Worst Leftover Movie. The problem is that next week we also have more than one obvious contender (a sequel nobody wanted, and a movie with Stallone)! Maybe this will help us decide.

Meanwhile, here are the winners for Rotten Tomatoes' Golden Tomato Awards (what's odd is that it doesn't feature the worst movies as usual). GTA, these should be the Best Picture nominees according to you, right?

Oh, and.... Breaking news!

At this point, I don't even care who makes it. I'm more interested in the content of the story and relevance of making another one.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2013 at 10:55pm
When I get a chance, I'll be voting for The Devil Inside for Worst Picture at the Methane Movie Awards.

Apart from my limited familiarity with The Secret World of Arriety, the other 9 films deserved their high honors at the Golden Tomato Awards.

I don't notice anything strange about JJ Abrams directing Star Wars Episode VII. Star Trek 2009 and Super 8 were on the Top 40 lists for their respective years. The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones were nowhere near as bad as we've made them out to be. They were just RAZZed on principle for being in the shadow of the original trilogy. But any director whose made mostly good films and has enough experience directing spacefarers would be a good fit for Star Wars Episode VII. At least it isn't M Night or the one who made Battlefield Earth.
jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2013 at 2:44am
Before I reveal the nominees, some contenders were tied and need you guys to decide.
BEST SCREEN COUPLE/ENSEMBLE (PICK 4 NOMINEES)
Daniel Day-Lewis and Sally Field for "Lincoln"
Jared Gilman and Kara Hayward for "Moonrise Kingdom"
Steve Carell and Keira Knightley for "Seeking A Friend for the End of the World"
Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence for "Silver Linings Playbook"
The Entire Cast of "The Avengers"

BEST DIRECTOR (PICK 3 NOMINEES)
Ben Affleck for "Argo"
Paul Thomas Anderson for "The Master"
David O. Russell for "Silver Linings Playbook"

BEST ANIMATED FEATURE (PICK 1 NOMINEE)
Frankenweenie
Rise of the Guardians

BEST BREAKOUT PERFORMANCE (PICK 2 NOMINEES)
Donna Bae for "Cloud Atlas"
Dane DeHaan for "Chronicle"
Suraj Sharma for "Life of Pi"

WORST SCREEN COUPLE/ENSEMBLE (PICK 1 NOMINEE)
Katherine Heigl and EITHER Jason O'Mara OR Daniel Sunjata for "One For The Money"
Reese Witherspoon and EITHER Tom Hardy OR Chris Pine for "This Means War"

WORST SCREENPLAY (PICK 1 NOMINEE)
The Devil Inside
A Thousand Words

WORST PREQUEL, REMAKE, RIP-OFF OR SEQUEL (PICK 1 NOMINEE)
Piranha 3DD
Stolen
Total Recall

ULTIMATE ON-SCREEN MOMENT WHERE YOU JUST WANT TO PUNCH THE SCREEN IN THE FACE (PICK 1 NOMINEE)
The Squirt Gun Fight Involving Babies in "The Three Stooges"
The Plot-Hole Involving The Three-Boobed Hooker in "Total Recall"

Make sure you decide fast because I want to reveal my nominees soon enough.
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 104>