Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & INFO on 2013 RAZZIE® TITLES > GENERAL DISCUSSION of 2013 RELEASES...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Members' Discussion of 2013 RELEASES LIST...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 104>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Members' Discussion of 2013 RELEASES LIST...
    Posted: February 10 2013 at 2:32pm
ARGO has just won the BAFTA for Best Film (and Director as well). Meanwhile, 007: SKYFALL won Best British Film (over LES MIS, which was up for Best Film (Huh?!)) and Best Music, and, Juno Temple won the Rising Star Award (I'm guessing for KILLER JOE, and maybe even for THE DARK KNIGHT RISES). There were a couple of surprises, though: AMOUR's Emmanuelle Riva for Best Actress; SILVER LININGS PLAYBOOK for Best Adapted Screenplay (it had always been ARGO or LINCOLN before); BRAVE for Best Animated Film (I know it won the Golden Globe, but I (and many others) refuse to believe it's the front-runner for the Oscar).

By the way, the voting for Maxim's 100 Hottest Women Alive is now open.
Originally posted by Vits

I have a poll for you Americans. Whether it's based on the facts you know or your own personal taste, which network do you think is the best? And which one do you think is the worst? NBC? CBS? ABC? Or perhaps FOX or The CW?
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2013 at 4:18am
Soooo.... I'm guessing you (HeadRazz) are NOT making an Identity Thief forum?
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2013 at 8:04am
Aside from NO (which is getting a limited release), there are 4 main releases this week, and they all had potential to get a forum... but they won't get it. There's DIE HARD PART 5, but HeadRAZZ said he's looking forward to it. And Oiram created forums for the other 3, and HeadRAZZ said he won't upgrade member-started forums to official forums. Also, GTA created a forum for IDENTITY THIEF, which means it won't be the Worst Leftover Movie. So... what are we gonna do this week?!
Originally posted by oiram

Trailer for
That doesn't tell us much.
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2013 at 8:13am
When the remake of Arthur was coming out, HeadRazz was actually interested in seeing it. However, he found out about the horrible reviews it had been getting, was severely disappointed, and so a made a Forum for it.

In other words, A Good Day to Die Hard could still get a Forum, if it stinks...

Originally posted by Vits

Trailer for

<font size="3" face="Courier New, Courier, mono">That doesn't tell us much.
Did the video not appear for you? It did for me.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2013 at 8:45am

Did the video not appear for you? It did for me.
No, I meant that it doesn't show enough things to judge.
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2013 at 1:30pm
The Grammy Awards probably nominate music from films based on something other than calendar years, because most of those films were from the end of 2011.  

I started the forum for Identity Thief because I'd heard nothing from HeadRAZZ all week regarding it. I figured he must've been too busy with preparing the ceremonies for the Worst of 2012, and I thought that if I didn't start the forum, it would never get one. 

I'm predicting that around March 15, HeadRAZZ will finally be able to start official forums again, but that could take until April if something else comes up, which my intuition says it will.

Am I the only one here besides HeadRAZZ who has little reason to believe that A Good Day to Die Hard will suck? 

My next question for oiram: Why did you HAVE to jump the gun on us AGAIN and start those THREE forums more than A WEEK EARLY?! 
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2013 at 1:50pm
Just in case "A Good Day to Die Hard" DOES SUCK, it won't miss out...  

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2013 at 7:31pm
I also think DIE HARD 5 could suck. Lately there have been good 5th installments, but usually in franchises where the other installments weren't good. From what I've heard, only DIE HARD PART 2 wasn't good. Therefore, PART 5 could be a decline rather than the saving grace of the franchise.

Originally posted by GTAHater767

Am I the only one here besides HeadRAZZ who has little reason to believe thatA Good Day to Die Hard will suck?

Originally posted by GTAHater767

The Grammy Awards probably nominate music from films based on something other than calendar years, because most of those films were from the end of 2011.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2013 at 12:17pm
They're apparently making another version of LIZ & DICK for BBC, starring Helena Bonham Carter and Dominic West. This one will supposedly take place after their 2nd divorce. 

Ummm... Sure, why not?!?  

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2013 at 10:48am
I'm sure this will give SchumacherH8ter reasons to joke, and therefore, it will make him happy: Bon Jovi (who he hates) is up against tween idols Big Time Rush and One Direction for Favorite Band at the Kids Choice Awards (there's also Maroon 5).

In movie categories, DIARY OF A WIMPY KID PART 3 (nobody saw it, but it's here because the book series has won a couple of times in the past) is up for Favorite Movie against box office hits THE AMAZING SPIDER-MANTHE AVENGERS and THE HUNGER GAMES. It's also up for Favorite Movie Actor, against MEN IN BLACK PART 3's Will Smith, who hosted the show last year, while this year it'll be SAFE HAVEN's Josh Duhamel.

There's a new category: Favorite Villain, which includes Tom Hiddleston and MIRROR MIRROR's Julia Roberts. And the Favorite Buttkicker category was split by genre. The male nominees are Chris HemsworthRobert Downey Jr. (last year, Taylor Lautner won, and during his speech, he predicted that Downey would win it), Favorite Movie Actonominee Andrew Garfield, and, JOURNEY 2's Dwayne Johnson (his co-star Vanessa Hudgens is up for Favorite Movie Actress). The female nominees are THE DARK KNIGHT RISES' Anne Hathaway, and, Favorite Movie Actress nominees Jennifer LawrenceScarlett Johansson and BREAKING DAWN PART 2's Kristen Stewart.

For Favorite Animated Movie, there's BRAVE, ICE AGE PART 4, MADAGASCAR PART 3 and WRECK-IT RALPHBen Stiller and Chris Rock are up against HOTEL TRANSYLVANIA's Adam Sandler and THE LORAX's Taylor Swift for Favorite Voice from an Animated Movie.

As usual, there are nominees that kids most likely didn't watch. Mainly, Johnny Depp for Favorite Movie Actofor DARK SHADOWS.

Edit: It hasn't been confirmed yet, but it's more likely that Chris Hemsworth and Kristen Stewart are also nominated for SNOW WHITE AND THE HUNTSMAN.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2013 at 10:35pm
Why is Bon Jovi up for a Kid's Choice Award? Does the average kid even know who he is? I didn't learn about them until I was in high school.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2013 at 9:00am
New releases here: LES MIS, Ursula Meier's HOME, and, SILVER LININGS PLAYBOOK. Oh, and also A GOOD DAY TO DIE HARD. 

What should I see?

Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

Why is Bon Jovi up for a Kid's Choice Award? Does the average kid even know who he is? I didn't learn about them until I was in high school.

I'm not in my hometown (Summer vacation), but when I go back, I'll ask around.
LOL
By the way, voting will be open in a few hours.
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2013 at 9:21am
I'd recommend Silver Linings Playbook. 

Also, if you have time, maybe you should try to see Die Hard 5, just to determine if you think it deserves Razzies or not...  

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2013 at 11:05am
Richard Roeper's Oscar predictions:

I think his picks have a flaw: While some Best Picture winners weren't the ones that took the most awards that year, there has never been a movie that won Best Picture and nothing else.

Edit: There actually was a movie that only won Best Picture: GRAND HOTEL. But that was back in the '30s.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2013 at 6:18pm
At the Goya Awards (the Spanish Oscars), THE IMPOSSIBLE (a Spanish production) won a bunch of categories including Best Director, but lost its 3 acting nominations. And it lost Best Film to a new adaptation of SNOW WHITE, which was made as a traditional Silent Movie. INTOUCHABLES won Best European Movie over RUST AND BONE, Ursula Meier's HOME, and SHAME. Best Spanish Language Foreign Film went to JUAN OF THE DEAD, the Cuban Parody of the Zombie Genre.

Next week, there's SNITCH and DARK SKIES. They both have "Razzie pedigrees" among their casts and crews. However, there's been a better history with Dwayne Johnson in old-fashioned Action Movies, than with Scott Stewart directing. 
So I think we should give DARK SKIES a Forum. 

jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2013 at 8:09pm
Like I said previously guys -- I want "dibs" on setting up Forums for at least one of those films, due to Oiram having started so many other Forums so damn early!  

"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 104>