Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & INFO on 2013 RAZZIE® TITLES > GENERAL DISCUSSION of 2013 RELEASES...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Members' Discussion of 2013 RELEASES LIST...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 104>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Members' Discussion of 2013 RELEASES LIST...
    Posted: February 27 2013 at 7:12am
Interestingly, Jack the Giant Slayer is starting off at 80% on Rotten Tomatoes.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2013 at 12:19pm
I just saw GANGSTER SQUAD. For your consideration: Worst Supp. Actor for Sean Penn.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2013 at 1:38pm
As a defender of Gangster Squad, I'll admit that there are some points when Penn seems to be acting like a five-year-old pretending to be tough. And he had one of the most quotable lines, for the wrong reasons (take a guess as to what it is). 

But even with that in mind, I say wait till other movies come out. MAYBE we could squeeze him in there if necessary. 

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2013 at 3:26pm
Penn's performance has gotten the same reception as Tommy Lee Jones in BATMAN FOREVER* and Julia Roberts and Charlize Theron in the SNOW WHITE movies (to name a few): They're so over-the-top but in the limits of "hamming it up" and "chewing scenery" that the people are split 50/50. 

*My review of the whole franchise is coming this weekened. 

Originally posted by oiram

As a defender of Gangster Squad, I'll admit that there are some points when Penn seems to be acting like a five-year-old pretending to be tough.

And he had one of the most quotable lines, for the wrong reasons (take a guess as to what it is).

Well, I was having a hard time trying to stay awake. The only line I can think of was one he said in front of a Christmas tree (Peter Travers said it was a rip-off of SCARFACE's "Say "Hello" to my little friend!"). Is that the one?

But even with that in mind, I say wait till other movies come out. MAYBE we could squeeze him in there if necessary.
Since it didn't get a forum, and no one other than me has talked about it, I don't think he'll make it to the ballots. Not even the forum polls.
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2013 at 3:53pm
"Here comes Santy Claus" Dang, you're right -- That does seem similar!  

Originally posted by Vits

[QUOTE=oiram]But even with that in mind, I say wait till other movies come out. MAYBE we could squeeze him in there if necessary.

I should point out that Sean Penn is rumored to co-star in the remake of The Secret Life of Walter Mitty. That could possibly push him in if he is in fact part of the cast.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2013 at 1:11pm
Me and my sister basically never go to the movies. Today we're going to see one of the new releases here: AMOUR (I never thought she'd go for a movie like that). Meanwhile, the other new releases are BEAUTIFUL CREATURES and CLOUD ATLAS. What should I do (starting tomorrow)?

Trailer for
I've heard of trailers spoiling the obviously best scenes from the movie, but this is ridiculous!
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2013 at 5:54pm

With just 14 hours until release, 21 and Over is now losing 7 to 15 on the Tomatometer, with a 35% review average at Metacritic. If the reviews stay down, I want a reply from HeadRAZZ on whether he intends to start a forum for it.

Beautiful Creatures and Cloud Atlas are both average, and I don't think you should see either of them.

I'm fairly sure Dead Man Down will get panned by critics next weekend, but any guesses as to how Oz: The Great and Powerful will do?

I'm thinking there'll be another week with 3 Worst New Movies of the Weak in the last 3 days before April. I agree that The Host will probably get panned, and that GI Joe: Retaliation, sequel to a 2009 Worst Picture finalist, will probably get almost as bad reviews as The Host. But I wonder if the next Tyler Perry film will get as bad of reviews as Madea's Witness Protection. (Bottom 40 Films of 2012, #15)
My deadlines for Member-Started Forums, given 35% approval rating or less: Apl. 29; The Other Woman. May 6; Walk of Shame. May 20; Godzilla '014. May 27; Blended. Jne. 3; A Million Ways...
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2013 at 6:29pm
I thought AMOUR was good (and that's coming from someone who thought THE WHITE RIBBON was just average), and so did my sister.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2013 at 6:31am
Hey oiram, I might have to steal the phrase "albino Lil' Wayne" for future use.  

That being said, I'm actually looking forward to Spring Breakers. 

I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Up-next: The Island Of Dr. Moreau '96
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2013 at 6:29pm
FUN UPDATE from Head RAZZberry: We just posted one of the highlights of this year's 33rd RAZZIES® ceremony on YouTube: Our unique twist on that old award show chestnut "In Memoriam." 

Here's the LINK to watch it...

ENJOY!  

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Dun-Ida View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dun-Ida Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2013 at 5:53am
I think there should be an Official Razzie Forum discussion for Safe Haven. This movie is already rotten at 13% on Rotten Tomatoes, and it's highly unlikely to get any higher.  

Here's my recommendations for Razzie nominations: 

Worst Picture. It's totally predictable from the beginning. Even the "twist" is easy to figure out (so easy you might think M. Night Shyamalan wrote it!). 

Worst Actor: Josh Duhamel. His acting is very bland. All the times he is supposed to be emotional there is very little emotion, if any, shown. Josh Duhamel has the emotional range of a wall (maybe he is related to Kristen Stewart?). 

Worst Actress: Julianne Hough. Just like Duhamel her "acting" is bland and near-emotionless. 

Worst Director: Lasse Hallstrom. This director has not done anything to prevent the movie from being boring. Hallstrom has constructed a flick so tiresomely boring it could cure insomnia! 

Worst Screenplay: Leslie Bohem & Dana Stevens. They deserve a nomination for writing dull scene after dull scene, all featuring dull dialogue...   

Worst Screen Couple: Julianne Hough and Josh Duhamel. When their boring performances are combined, they make an unsatisfactory screen couple. 

Worst Screen Ensemble: The entire cast is uninteresting. 

Safe Haven definitely deserves a n Official Forum of its own!  

Directed by Michael Bay and M. Night Shyamalan comes a movie guaranteed to win Razzies.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2013 at 8:53am
Originally posted by HeadRAZZBerry

FUN UPDATE from Head RAZZberry: We just posted one of the highlights of this year's 33rd RAZZIES® ceremony on YouTube: Our unique twist on that old award show chestnut "In Memoriam." Here's the LINK to watch it...ENJOY!
My reaction after watching this was a simple L.O.L.
Originally posted by Dun-Ida

I think there should be an Official Razzie Forum discussion for Safe Haven.

Safe Haven definitely deserves a n Official Forum of its own!
Well, it's too late to create one. That doesn't mean it won't be nominated. I'd like to think that the hatred towards the twist ending (I don't know what it is because I haven't seen it but the majority said it was dumb) will give it more odds. Nicholas Sparks movies are long overdue for a Razzie, and maybe this will finally be the year.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2013 at 2:25pm
I posted my new review on some forums. I'd like to remind you all that if you don't wanna watch the video, you can always click on the link in my signature so you can read the review. And that applies to every new review every week.
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2013 at 5:00pm
Guys, you gotta check out what I made. I'm sure Headrazz will love some of these...

CONTENT DELETED by Head RAZZberry...

GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2013 at 10:10pm
I'd agree with most of Oiram's pre-1980 Worst Picture "winners," except Jesus Christ Superstar. Public opinion was by far the best out of those 10. But I'd emphatically agree with Myra Breckenridge, Exorcist II: The Heretic, and Caligula. As for Sextette, I don't know if I Spit on Your Grave was released theatrically in Los Angeles or New York that year (1978), but the reaction to that was neck-and-neck with Sextette. The public was arguably even more outraged when they found out about I Spit on Your Grave

If you've read The Official Razzie Movie Guide, you could've and should've taken some cues from the movies described in the book. Were any of the critically-panned movies released in 1973, and could've replaced Jesus Christ Superstar as your Worst Picture winner?
My deadlines for Member-Started Forums, given 35% approval rating or less: Apl. 29; The Other Woman. May 6; Walk of Shame. May 20; Godzilla '014. May 27; Blended. Jne. 3; A Million Ways...
mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2013 at 12:13am
Jack the Giant Slayer had a worse opening day than John Carter. According to Box Office Mojo, it might not even make $24 Mio over the weekend, on a budget of  $195 Mio. I'm going to see the movie tomorrow, but have to admit, the CGI doesn't look the best and the giants' looks are putting me off. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 104>