Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & INFO on 2013 RAZZIE® TITLES > GENERAL DISCUSSION of 2013 RELEASES...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Members' Discussion of 2013 RELEASES LIST...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 104>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Members' Discussion of 2013 RELEASES LIST...
    Posted: March 03 2013 at 4:14am
I haven't read The Official Razzie Movie Guide, unfortunately. I actually went by something called the Golden Turkey Awards, which gave Ted Neeley the "Worst Actor to play Jesus Christ" award, so I figured that the movie wasn't highly regarded.

The only thing that I heard about The Official Razzie Movie Guide was that The Adventures was listed as the top worst films John Wilson has seen, and I thought "Oh snap. I guess I'd better have it tie with Myra Breckinridge, or Headrazz will be so mad at me." Looking at it again, though, Body of Evidence was in is book, and that didn't win Worst Picture, either, so...*shrug*

By the way, you agreed with the Picture picks, but how about the picks for things like Actors, Actresses, Director, or Screenplays? I actually chose some of my picks to see if anyone would be raging mad (The Beatles and Elizabeth Hartman, for example.) I also thought there would be some flak towards me for having Deep Throat as Worst Picture of the Decade.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2013 at 8:35am
Oiram: Why is F For Fake listed a Worst Picture winner? It got lots of great reviews, and is included in the highly respected Criterion DVD Collection...  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Here's the IMDb LINK for the page on Orson Welles' long-delayed F IS FOR FAKE. And here's the Rotten Tomatoes' LINK to check out its reviews (it's currently got 88% Positive). That info, combined with the fact that the film took years to complete and was never properly released in the U.S. (let alone New York or L.A.) suggest that this particular film does not belong on any RAZZIE® List...  

I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2013 at 9:11am
*sigh*   

HeadRAZZ demanded that I take down my pre-1980 "Razzies lists," and I had to oblige. 

I'm sorry -- they weren't meant to be taken seriously. I hope that they weren't too damaging. 

If anyone wants to see them, I still have them saved on my computer...  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: My "demand" that Oiram take down his lists was based on legal precedent (by appearing as links on the Forum of our Official Website, they technically endangered our trademark and copyright). I had no desire to suppress any Forum Member's expression of their personal opinions, but could not afford to take the risk that, given how and where Oiram presented his lists, they might mistakenly be seen as being somehow "official."  

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2013 at 2:27pm
It's been a week since the Oscars, so I wanted to suggest that we each do a ranking of the nominees, from best to worst. But not all of us have seen all the nominees, right? So I thought "Why don't we do that, but with last year's nominees", since a year is enough time for us to see them all. I'll start:

9) THE TREE OF LIFE.
8) EXTREMELY LOUD AND INCREDIBLY CLOSE.
7) MONEYBALL.
6) WAR HORSE.
5) MIDNIGHT IN PARIS.
4) THE HELP.
3) HUGO.
2) THE ARTIST.
1) THE DESCENDANTS.

I think only THE DESCENDANTS (and maybe THE ARTIST) deserved their ominations, but none of them deserved to win. Except for TTOL, which should instead have won... at the Razzies!
LOL
How about yours?
Originally posted by mbh

Jack the Giant Slayer had a worse opening day than John Carter. According to Box Office Mojo, it might not even make $24 Mio over the weekend, on a budget of  $195 Mio.
Too bad. It only got average reviews. And so did GINGER & ROSA (remember my prediction a few weeks ago?). Meanwhile, 21 AND OVER got bad reviews, and PHANTOM somehow scored even worse. STOKER's reviews are the best, not counting Best Foreign Film nominee WAR WITCH.

As for next week... Well, OZ's early reviews have been getting better and better. Same with THE ABC'S OF DEATH. There's also DEAD MAN DOWN, an Action Thriller with a not-so-interesting premise that stars TOTAL RECALL's Colin Farrell, but that co-stars Noomi Rapace and it's directed by her DRAGON TATTOO helmer Niels Arden Oplev and written by FRINGE's J.H. Wyman. Finally, there's EMPEROR, a War Drama that stars Tommy Lee Jones and ALEX CROSS' Matthew Fox and that's directed by HANNIBAL RISING's Peter Webber.

I think we should skip THE ABC'S because I have a hard time believing we'd have 2 Razzie-worthy Anthology Movies in the same year. Not to mention that this one isn't star-studded. There's a long history of successful foreign filmmakers not being able to success when they start making movies in Hollywood, but there's an even longer history of actors following up their Oscar nominations/wins with duds. So I think EMPEROR should get a forum.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2013 at 2:58pm
EHH!!! Sorry, Vits -- wrong answer! I think Dead Man Down should get an official Forum as the Worst of the Weak pick...  

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2013 at 4:45pm
I know that this was already covered by another member here, but it's another point of view.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2013 at 4:45pm
Here's my ranking of the 2011 Best Picture nominees.

9.) Extremely Loud And Incredibly Close (Worst Best Picture nominee ever!!!)
8.) The Help
7.) Moneyball
6.) War Horse
5.) Midnight In Paris
4.) The Tree Of Life
3.) The Descendants
2.) The Artist
1.) Hugo

Also, oiram, maybe you could post that '70's Razzie winners here in a "what-if" forum. Maybe it could be a community thing where other forum would suggest nominees and winners.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2013 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

Extremely Loud And Incredibly Close (Worst Best Picture nominee ever!!!)
LOL

Also, Oiram, maybe you could post that '70's Razzie winners here in a "what-if" forum. Maybe it could be a community thing where other forum would suggest nominees and winners.
Aren't there already Forums for that?
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2013 at 5:18pm
Man, Identity Thief is STILL doing well at the box office! Despite the negative reviews, it is technically the first hit of 2013. Let's see if Melissa can carry that off with her other 2013 movie, The Heat, co-starring Sandra Bullock.

Also, oiram, maybe you could post that '70's Razzie winners here in a "what-if" forum. Maybe it could be a community thing where other forum would suggest nominees and winners.

Thank you for the idea -- I'll consider it. Kinda wanted to do a 60s version as well. Guess who I would nominate for Worst Actor every year of the 60s if that were to happen?  

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2013 at 10:56am
EMPEROR's early reviews are very good. Maybe DEAD MAN DOWN should get a forum after all.
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2013 at 10:59am
So...there CAN be a good movie involving Douglas MacArthur?  

Originally posted by Vits

EMPEROR's early reviews are very good. Maybe DEAD MAN DOWN should get a forum after all.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2013 at 1:29pm
I'm pretty sure you're referring specifically to INCHON above. But when I checked, you were right. There hasn't ever been a good movie about MacArthur!
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2013 at 4:49am
How did the Tyler Perry movie NOT make that list? Who in their right mind would be "un-ironically" anticipating a movie that co-stars KIM KARDASHIAN?!?! 

Originally posted by Vits

I know that this was already covered by another member here, but it's another point of view.

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2013 at 11:33am
New trailer for IRON MAN 3...  

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2013 at 11:33am
Aside from the remake of RED DAWN, there's another Worst Movie debuting on DVD this week: Worst Supporting Actress nominee PLAYING FOR KEEPS.
Originally posted by oiram

How did the Tyler Perry movie NOT make that list? Who in their right mind would be "un-ironically" anticipating a movie that staring KIM KARDASHIAN?!?
I have no idea. It's odd, because it's not like those lists have any number limit.
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2013 at 3:43am
Some interesting news has popped up regarding Anchorman 2. First, of all the new cast members to pop up, the most surprising and interesting is...Harrison Ford. I wonder what these original cast members are working towards?

Also, despite the fact that the Evil Dead remake is now just a few weeks away, Sam Raimi has said he now wants to do Evil Dead 4. Hmm... Okay?  

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 104>