Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & INFO on 2013 RAZZIE® TITLES > GENERAL DISCUSSION of 2013 RELEASES...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Members' Discussion of 2013 RELEASES LIST...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 104>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Members' Discussion of 2013 RELEASES LIST...
    Posted: March 06 2013 at 8:55am
I have no words. But he does:

Originally posted by oiram

New trailer for IRON MAN 3...

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2013 at 10:53am
Sam Mendes said he won't direct the next 007 movie. I don't know why that's news, since directors of the saga are usually hired for one installment. Anyway, here's a list of people who should direct the next movie. Among those, I'd choose #2 or 3. #4 has only prooven to be good so far by writing adapations of existing full plots. And while #6 is a good director, I'm not sure he's right for this kind of material. How about you?
Originally posted by oiram

Whoa, whoa, whoa. You changed my post. I was trying to talk about the fact that Harrison Ford joined the cast of ANCHORMAN 2! I was not talking about Star Wars.

So he'll be in not 1 but 2 unnecessary sequels. Although ANCHORMAN PART 2 has more chances to be good.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2013 at 9:58am
New releases here: STAND UP GUYS, JUAN OF THE DEAD, and, THE COLLECTOR PART 2: THE COLLECTION. Oh, and OZ: THE GREAT AND POWERFUL. What should I go see?  

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2013 at 4:48pm
There are rumours about Christian Bale reprising his BATMAN role in the JUSTICE LEAGUE movie (warning about THE DARK KNIGHT RISES spoilers!):

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2013 at 11:21am
I saw Oz: The Great And Powerful last night. It was a pretty fun movie. Granted, it's nowhere near the original, but that's not saying much. The best performance came from Michelle Williams as Glinda, and the other actors are also good. There's a neat Army Of Darkness shout out at the end. When Evanora's (Rachel Weisz) emerald gets crushed she becomes hideous and she looks like She-Bitch. 

My Grade: B  

I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2013 at 2:32pm
Something very rare is about to happen: Warner Bros and Paramount will join forces to produce and distribute INTERSTELLAR, Christopher Nolan's new movie. 

Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

I saw Oz: The Great And Powerful last night. It was a pretty fun movie.

I believe you, because: 

A) Most critics agree with you. Meanwhile, THE ABC'S OF DEATH and EMPEROR got bad reviews.

B) A sequel has already been announced.

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2013 at 4:57am
Don't have too much time, so I'll be brief: Which movie do you guys thinks deserves an Official Forum more? Halle Berry and Abigail Breslin in The Call,  or  Steve Carrell, Steve Buscemi, Olivia Wilde, Alan Arkin, and Jim Carrey in The Incredible Burt Wonderstone?  

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2013 at 9:48am
Oiram: Good call for not mentioning SPRING BREAKERS -- Its early reviews are good. Now, I'll break down the other March 15 releases:   

1) THE CALL: This article will make you realize that Halle Berry's career isn't as good as it seems (and that it's not worthy of an Oscar winner). And that Abigail Breslin hasn't had a hit (both critical and financial) since LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE. And this film doesn't have a very creative premise. However, the director is Brad Anderson. Except for the Vits Award nominee for Worst Movie VANISHING ON 7TH STREET (which only got mixed reviews), he hasn't made a bad movie so far. 

2) BURT WONDERSTONE: Its early R.T. reviews are low. And when a Comedy has more than 2 screenwriters (in this case, there are 4), and the director has done mostly episodic TV (and in this case, 4 bad movies), that's usually a bad sign. Sure, the cast is talented. But the quality of Steve Carell's projects has been hit-or-miss, and Jim Carrey isn't as funny as he used to be. Plus, it's Alan Arkin's follow-up to an Oscar nominated performance, which is usually a sign for Razzie-worthy acting.

3) UPSIDE DOWN: I want you to consider it. Why? Because it has a very creative premise, but that only exists to create a ROMEO & JULIET kind of plot. The trailer screams "Blockbuster" and yet, it's in limited release, which gives me a bad vibe.

I'm fine with any of those 3. Maybe we should wait until more reviews come in?? 

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2013 at 12:23pm
Vits: You're forgetting that Breslin was in Zombieland, which made a decent amount of money, and had a 90% Rating at RottenTomatoes. 

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2013 at 12:44pm
I did forget about ZOMBIELAND. I guess because Breslin wasn't the lead. Still, so far she hasn't had the promising career everyone thought she would.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2013 at 1:58pm
Our "favorite film critic", Armond White, thinks that 1000 WORDS is better than ARGO, and, that the sequels to GHOST RIDER and TAKEN are better than ZERO DARK THIRTY. No, I didn't do unnecessary research to see his ratings. He chose to compare those specific movies, and a few more:

1) I'm not sure why he compares certain movies that have nothing to do with each other.

2) I'm not sure why he thinks 21 JUMP STREET was meant to be "deep".

3) Since I am one of the 20 people who didn't like LINCOLN, but am also one of the 10 people who even saw THE LADY, I can tell you that LINCOLN is better.

4) I don't blame him for thinking AMOUR is pessimistic. It's really hard to see how it's a movie about love and not death.

5) His only comment that sounds remotely smart is his comparison of HOLY MOTORS to COSMOPOLIS.

6) The only comment that can be forgiven is what he said about DJANGO. Spike Lee (a black person) said the same thing, so it's not like White doesn't know what he's talking about.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2013 at 3:17pm
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2013 at 6:31pm
I actually agree with Armond White that Moonrise Kingdom is better than Beasts Of Southern Wild. Everything else he said was better left unsaid. Especially that comment about A Thousand Words! 
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2013 at 3:15am
I think The Call should be our Worst of the Weak, because Halle Berry is already in Movie 43. And besides, I'm sure many people would like to see her show up at our show again...
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2013 at 2:39pm
For years I've defended the MTV Movie Awards, saying that they're meant to represent the "best" popular movies. People forgot about that because TWILIGHT movies started winning every year. But this year's nominees have been announced... and BREAKING DAWN PART 2 was snubbed! The only award it's up for is a new one that nobody will care about: Best Shirtless Performance (guess who's the nominee). 

And for the first time in years, all the nominees for Best Movie are good: THE AVENGERS, THE DARK KNIGHT RISES, DJANGO UNCHAINED, SILVER LININGS PLAYBOOK and TED. And of course other good movies, like 007: SKYFALL and THE HOBBIT, also got nominations. But guess what? Good movies that weren't exactly popular hits are also nominated, like ARGO, ZERO DARK THIRTY, LIFE OF PI, MOONRISE KINGDOM, BEASTS OF THE SOUTHERN WILD and LINCOLN.

There's only 2 bad movies, and they're both up for Best Scared as Sh*t Performance: HOUSE AT THE END OF THE STREET and TEXAS CHAINSAW 3D.

They brought back 2 old categories: Best On-Screen Duo (which may mean that the Razzie for Worst Couple will stick around?) and Best Musical Moment. 

Instead of the Generation Award, they decided to rip-off the Critics' Choice Awards by giving a Comedic Genius Award. This is the recipient.

My only complains are that they dropped Best Comedic Performance (a category that has been awarded since their beginnings), and, that Marion Cotillard is nominated for Best Villain for DARK KNIGHT RISES, which spoils a major plot twist. And that's not the first time that has happened*. Oh, well, at least there's no Best Dirtbag Award anymore!  

Click here to vote, which I'm sure you'll wanna do now that the awards have gotten their credibility back.

*Dwayne Johnson for GET SMART; Ned Beatty for TOY STORY PART 3; Billy Burke for RED RIDING HOOD.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2013 at 11:15am
Something odd: All 3 leads from HORRIBLE BOSSES have just signed on for the sequel...but the sequel was announced over a year ago(?). Were they planning on making it without the original cast? Either way, I don't see how a sequel to that movie could work.

Speaking of sequels, Danny Boyle is now making TRAINSPOTTING PART 2, and, Nicolas Cage says he won't be in GHOST RIDER 3 (if there ever is one).
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 104>