Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & INFO on 2013 RAZZIE® TITLES > GENERAL DISCUSSION of 2013 RELEASES...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Members' Discussion of 2013 RELEASES LIST...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 104>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Members' Discussion of 2013 RELEASES LIST...
    Posted: March 28 2013 at 1:45am
MiguelAntilsu: G.I. Joe Retaliation will probably stay in the mid-40's range, The Host is fast approaching a single-digit Tomatometer and Temptation doesn't even have any reviews yet. I should get a forum for The Host up and running before I leave tomorrow. If I don't post it, someone else can.
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2013 at 3:09am
Leave? What are you talking about?  

Originally posted by jesse685

I should get a forum for The Host up and running before I leave tomorrow.
If I don't post it, someone else can.

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2013 at 6:43am
New releases here: THE CABIN IN THE WOODS, and, HABEMUS PAPAM. Oh, and also G.I. JOE PART 2: RETALIATION. What should I do?
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2013 at 7:36am
Vits: I'd recommend you see Cabin In The Woods.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2013 at 1:18pm
Oiram: When I said "leave," I just meant I'm just staying at a relative's place for 2 days, so I probably won't be posting on the forum for those 2 days...  

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2013 at 4:27pm
Man, G.I. Joe: Retaliation's Tomatoemeter is now 3% LOWER than its predecessor's.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2013 at 11:12pm
Jesse, please start a Forum for The Host. I want to make a few comments about it before I see it. I am going to travel next week and will try to catch the movie some time then.
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important MODERATOR

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2013 at 12:13am
RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Jesse's post above about  THE HOST (combined with the film's rapidly descending R.T. Rating) prompted me to give it an Official Forum as our #1 Worst of the Weak pick -- Here's the LINK to join the discussion of HOST.

And here's the LINK for the Official Forum on our #2 Worst of the Weak pick, Tyler Perry's TEMPTATION...  

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2013 at 10:53am
I just saw G.I. Joe: Retaliation. It was better than the first one, but that's not saying much. There were some fun scenes (i.e. the Ninja fight on the mountain) but I was mostly bored. I still think it's not a major Razzie contender. 

My Grade: C+  

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2013 at 11:49am
Among the limited releases in the U.S., there are 2 you guys should check out:
-BLANCANIEVES, winner of the Best Film Goya. It's SNOW WHITE filmed as a traditional Silent Movie, and it takes place in Spain in the '1920s. It's at 90% on R.T.
-VIOLETA WENT TO HEAVEN, Chile's submission for the Best Foreign Film Oscar. It's the biopic of one of our most famous singers/painters. It's at 70% on R.T.

FARGO will be adapted into a mini-series. Since it'll have a new plot, and the Coen bros. will produce it, it looks promising.
Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

My grandparents surprised me with tickets to HABEMUS PAPAM (it was average at best). However, CABIN looked interesting enough. I was also drawn to how there are countless forums analyzing the meaning of the ending. Therefore, I will see it this weekend.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2013 at 12:05pm
Richard Griffiths has passed away. R.I.P.
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2013 at 12:56pm
SchumacherH8ter: How was Bruce Willis in G.I. Joe 2? I've heard people say he has the worst lines of anyone in the movie...  

I just saw G.I. Joe: Retaliation. It was better than the first one, but that's not saying much. There were some fun scenes (i.e. the ninja fight on the mountain) but I was mostly bored. It's not really a Razzie contender. Grade: C+

Sorry to hear that Griffiths has died. R.I.P.

Originally posted by Vits

Richard Griffiths has passed away. R.I.P.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2013 at 1:44pm
Bruce Willis is basically there just to be...Bruce Willis (and pick up a paycheck). He's not as bad as he was in A Good Day To Die Hard, but he's still not very good. The only actors I really liked were Dwayne Johnson (who's his usual charismatic self) and Jonathan Pryce (who's obviously having a ball as the villain). I'd add Walton Goggins (as the guy who runs the prison where Cobra Commander is held) to the list, but his role is a glorified cameo. 

HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2013 at 5:46pm
RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: For those unfamiliar with him by name, here's an IMDb LINK for info on the recently deceased Richard Griffiths, who's probably best known for playing the bellicose Uncle Vernon in the HARRY POTTER films and for his stage and screen roles as the emotionally torn instructor in HISTORY BOYS. 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2013 at 11:40am
I just saw it, and I thought it was excellent!

jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2013 at 3:41am

I'm back on the forum after a 2-day hiatus. I am also announcing that, as of this week, I will post the new releases in cinemas here in my country...  

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 104>