Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & INFO on 2013 RAZZIE® TITLES > GENERAL DISCUSSION of 2013 RELEASES...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Members' Discussion of 2013 RELEASES LIST...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 104>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Members' Discussion of 2013 RELEASES LIST...
    Posted: March 31 2013 at 8:29am
I think he said he lives in Australia.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2013 at 1:30pm
Oiram: You are correct about that. Check my profile on the left for my location. Also, I never thought we'd have 4 forums in one week. Congrats, HeadRAZZ!
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2013 at 3:14pm
What Jesse said.

Lay back and rest next week, Headrazz, you deserve it.

And now, ladies and gentlemen, my list update:

Worst Picture
The Call
Dark Skies
Dead Man Down
G.I. Joe: Retaliation
A Good Day to Die Hard
Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters
A Haunted House
The Host
Identity Thief
InAPPropriate Comedy
The Last Exorcism Part II
Movie 43
Tyler Perry's Temptation: Confessions of a Marriage Counselor
Texas Chainsaw 3D

Worst Actor
Adrien Brody/InAPPropriate Comedy
Gerard Butler/Movie 43 and Olympus Has Fallen
Josh Duhamel/Movie 43 and Safe Haven
Colin Farrell/Dead Man Down
Josh Hamilton/Dark Skies
Jeremy Renner/Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters
Mark Wahlberg/Broken City
Marlon Wayans/A Haunted House
Bruce Willis/G.I. Joe: Retaliation and A Good Day to Die Hard

Worst Actress
Gemma Arterton/Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters
Essence Atkins/A Haunted House
Ashley Bell/The Last Exorcism Part II
Halle Berry/The Call and Movie 43
Julianne Hough/Safe Haven
Jennifer Lopez/Parker
Melissa McCarthy/Identity Thief
Noomi Rapace/Dead Man Down
Saoirse Ronan (as Melanie Stryder) and Saoirse Ronan (as Wanderer)/The Host
Keri Russell/Dark Skies

Worst Supporting Actor
"The Amazing Racist" Ari Shaffir/InAPPropriate Comedy
Cedric the Entertainer/A Haunted House
Morris Chestnut/The Call and Identity Thief
Russell Crowe/Broken City
Michael Eklund/The Call
Terrence Howard/Dead Man Down and Movie 43
William Hurt/The Host
Jeremy Irons/Beautiful Creatures
Max Irons/The Host
Johnny Knoxville/The Last Stand and Movie 43
Byung-hun Lee/G.I. Joe: Retaliation
Seth MacFarlane/Movie 43
Thomas Mann/Beautiful Creatures and Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters
Robert Patrick/Identity Thief
Barry Pepper/Broken City and Snitch
RZA/G.I. Joe: Retaliation
Rob Schneider (as J.D.) and Rob Schneider (as Psychologist)/InAPPropriate Comedy
Ray Stevenson/G.I. Joe: Retaliation
Peter Stormare/Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters and The Last Stand
Nick Swardson/A Haunted House

Worst Supporting Actress
Elizabeth Banks/Movie 43
Abigail Breslin/The Call
Anna Faris/Movie 43
Famke Janssen/Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters
Kim Kardashian/Tyler Perry's Temptation: Confessions of a Marriage Counselor
Diane Kruger/The Host
Lindsay Lohan/InAPPropriate Comedy
Brandy Norwood/Tyler Perry's Temptation: Confessions of a Marriage Counselor
Adrianne Palicki/G.I. Joe: Retaliation
Michelle Rodriguez/InAPPropriate Comedy
Katee Sackhoff/The Haunting in Connecticut 2: Ghosts of Georgia
Uma Thurman/Movie 43
Pihla Viitala/Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters
Vanessa L. Williams/Tyler Perry's Temptation: Confessions of a Marriage Counselor
Kate Winslet/Movie 43
Catherine Zeta-Jones/Broken City

Worst Screen Couple
Any combination of any two cast members utterly embarrassing themselves by making vulgar, crude, and/or offensive "jokes"/Movie 43
Jason Bateman and Melissa McCarthy/Identity Thief
Ashley Bell and the demon possessing her/The Last Exorcism Part II
Halle Berry and her “Bird’s Nest” hair/The Call
Russell Crowe and either Mark Wahlberg or Catherine Zeta-Jones/Broken City
Colin Farrell and Noomi Rapace/Dead Man Down
Julianne Hough and Josh Duhamel/Safe Haven
Leatherface and his chainsaw/Texas Chainsaw 3D
Jennifer Lopez and Jason Statham/Parker
Jeremy Renner and either Gemma Arterton, Famke Janssen, or Pihla Viitala/Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters
Jurnee Smollett-Bell and either Lance Gross or Robbie Jones/Tyler Perry's Temptation: Confessions of a Marriage Counselor
Saoirse Ronan and either Jake Abel, Max Irons, or Saoirse Ronan/The Host
Marlon Wayans and either Essence Atkins, Nick Swardson, or the “Paranormal Activity”/A Haunted House
Bruce Willis and Jai Courtney/A Good Day to Die Hard

Worst Screen Ensemble
Entire cast of The Call
Entire cast of Dark Skies
Entire cast of Dead Man Down
Entire cast of G.I. Joe: Retaliation
Entire cast of A Good Day to Die Hard
Entire cast of Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters
Entire cast of A Haunted House
Entire cast of The Host
Entire cast of Identity Thief
Entire cast of InAPPropriate Comedy
Entire cast of Movie 43
Entire cast of Tyler Perry's Temptation: Confessions of a Marriage Counselor
Entire cast of Texas Chainsaw 3D

Worst Sequel or Prequel
G.I. Joe: Retaliation
A Good Day to Die Hard
The Haunting in Connecticut 2: Ghosts of Georgia
InAPPropriate Comedy
The Last Exorcism Part II
Texas Chainsaw 3D

Worst Remake or Rip-off
Beautiful Creatures (Rip-off of Twilight)
Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters
A Haunted House
The Host (Rip-off of Invasion of the Body Snatchers and Twilight)
InAPPropriate Comedy (Rip-off of Movie 43)
Movie 43 (Rip-off of The Groove Tube and The Kentucky Fried Movie)
Parker (Remake of Payback and Point Blank)
Texas Chainsaw 3D

Worst Director
Brad Anderson/The Call
Elizabeth Banks, Steven Brill, Steve Carr, Rusty Cundieff, James Duffy, Griffin Dunne, Peter Farrelly, Patrik Forsberg, Will Graham, James Gunn, Bob Odenkirk, Brett Ratner, and Jonathan van Tulleken/Movie 43
Jon M. Chu/G.I. Joe: Retaliation
Ed Gass-Donnelly/The Last Exorcism Part II
Seth Gordon/Identity Thief
Taylor Hackford/Parker
John Luessenhop (With some “help” from Carl Mazzocone)/Texas Chainsaw 3D
John Moore/A Good Day to Die Hard
Andrew Niccol/The Host
Niels Arden Oplev/Dead Man Down
Tyler Perry/Tyler Perry's Temptation: Confessions of a Marriage Counselor
“The ShamWow! Guy” Vince Offer/InAPPropriate Comedy
Scott Stewart/Dark Skies
Tommy Wirkola/Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters

Worst Screenplay
The Call (Screenplay by Richard D’Ovidio; Story by Jon Bokenkamp, Nicole D’Ovidio, and Richard D’Ovidio)
Dark Skies (Screenplay by Scott Stewart)
Dead Man Down (Written by J.H. Wyman)
G.I. Joe: Retaliation (Written by Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick; Based on the toyline and cartoon by Hasbro)
A Good Day to Die Hard (Screenplay by Skip Woods; Based on the characters created by Roderick Thorp)
Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters (Written by Dante Harper and Tommy Wirkola; Based on the fairy tale by the Brothers Grimm)
A Haunted House (Written by Rick Alvarez and Marlon Wayans)
The Host (Screenplay by Andrew Niccol; Based on the novel by Stephanie Meyer)
Identity Thief (Screenplay by Craig Mazin; Story by Jerry Eeten and Craig Mazin)
InAPPropriate Comedy (Written by “The ShamWow! Guy” Vince Offer, Ken Pringle, and "The Amazing Racist" Ari Shaffir; Additional dialogue by Adrien Brody, Dante, Christina Pazsitzky, and John Ryan Jr.)
The Last Exorcism Part II (Screenplay by Damien Chazelle and Ed Gass-Donnelly; Story by Damien Chazelle; Based on the characters created by Huck Butko and Andrew Gurland)
Movie 43 (Written by Steve Baker, Ricky Blitt, Will Carlough, Tobias Carlson, Jacob Fleisher, Patrik Forsberg, Will Graham, James Gunn, Clas Kjellstrom, Jack Kukoda, Bob Odenkirk, Bill O'Malley, Matthew Alec Portenoy, Greg Pritikin, Rocky Russo, Olle Sarri, Elizabeth Wright Shapiro, Jeremy Sosenko, Jonathan van Tulleken, and Jonas Wittenmark)
Safe Haven (Screenplay by Gene Lansky and Dana Stevens; Based on the novel by Nicholas Sparks)
Tyler Perry's Temptation: Confessions of a Marriage Counselor (Screenplay by Tyler Perry; Based on The Marriage Counselor by Tyler Perry)
Texas Chainsaw 3D (Screenplay by Kristen Elms, Adam Marcus, and Debra Sullivan; Story by Adam Marcus, Debra Sullivan, and Stephen Susco; Based on the characters created by Tobe Hooper and Kim Henkel)
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2013 at 5:03pm
Isn't he a Supporting Actor?

Originally posted by oiram

Worst Actor
Vince “The ShamWow! Guy” Offer/InAPPropriate Comedy

I'm sorry, but once again I must insist on this.

Worst Screen Couple
Jeremy Renner and either Gemma Arterton, Famke Janssen, or Pihla Viitala/Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters

I've thought about it, and have come to the conclusion that saying that IN-APP-ROPRIATE COMEDY is a sequel to UNDERGROUND COMEDY MOVIE, is like saying that all those SeltzerBerg movies are sequels to DATE MOVIE... or SCARY MOVIE... or SPY HARD. You get the idea... 

Worst Sequel or Prequel
InAPPropriate Comedy

Worst Remake or Rip-off
InAPPropriate Comedy (Rip-off of Movie 43)

I thought we were just joking about this -- I mean, it can't really be a rip-off of a movie that was made at the same time.

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2013 at 5:40pm
Who else but “The ShamWow! Guy” would be considered the "main actor" of the movie? Anthony Hopkins was not in Silence of the Lambs for very long, but that did not stop the Academy from giving him Best Actor. 

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Since he has first billing, I'd assume Adrien Brody would be considered the "main actor" (and likeliest Worst Actor contender) in IN-APP-PROPRIATE COMEDY, and Rob Schneider would make sense as a Worst Supporting Actor RAZZIE® nominee. The "Sham Wow Guy," who has a recurring cameo role, would logically qualify as Worst Screen Ensemble nominee instead of Supporting...

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2013 at 3:04pm
Since the G.I. JOE forum was created Sunday, there can still be another one this Friday. EVIL DEAD's early reviews may be good, but it's not written in stone just yet*. Same with TRANCE, but that doesn't seem like an obvious contender. The other movies coming out (in limited release, though) are 6 SOULS (from the directors of UNDERWORLD PART 4, starring Julianne "I've never been in a Thriller that didn't generate unintentional laughs" Moore), and, THE COMPANY YOU KEEP (directed by Robert Redford, and starring him and a big number of stars including several past Razzie nominees/winners, as well as other actors already in consideration this year).

*A friend of mine thinks it's going to be bad. I said "Really? Don't you know that Sam Raimi is producing it?", and he said "That's why I think it's gonna be bad. Did you see OZ?".
LOL

OMIGOSH!!!

Not only is there going to be a Pineapple Express 2, but they've already released the trailer for it!!!
Oiram, I saw the first one. And today is April's fool. Even I know that, and we don't celebrate it down here. Or maybe you were trying to fool us. Well, you fooled me, becuase I looked it up and found out that it's just a scene from THIS IS THE END.
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2013 at 3:33pm
Nah. I'd rather let Headrazz take a break this week. If Evil Dead does suddenly take a steep drop, he can make the forum for it the week after -- along with Scary Movie V.

Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2013 at 8:32am
You don't celebrate April Fools in Chile? Even we celebrate it (and I live on the other site of the Atlantic Ocean)!  

I must admit that I didn't realize that yesterday was April 1st... but that has more to do with the fact that it fell on the same day as Easter Monday (so I had the day off)...

I did however notice very early on that the trailer was fake...  

Originally posted by Vits

And today is April's fool. Even I know that, and we don't celebrate it down here. Or maybe you were trying to fool us. Well, you fooled me, 

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2013 at 10:53am
I forgot to mention that JURASSIC PARK is being re-released in IMAX and 3-D this week. Normally I'd say "It's a good way to catch up", but the production of JURASSIC PARK PART 4 has been delayed so many times, that I'm sure someone will "volunteer" to film a "making of," and then maybe turn it into another HEART OF DARKNESS (the documentary about the making of APOCALYPSE NOW). 

Originally posted by Vheid

You don't celebrate April Fools in Chile? Even we celebrate it (and I live on the other site of the Atlantic Ocean)!

Most Chileans (not including me) believe that holidays should be limited to whatever country where they were "invented." We do celebrate Halloween... and many adults complain about it every year. 

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2013 at 1:17pm
From now on, critics at WHAT THE FLICK will also review TV shows. They've started with GAME OF THRONES. You might want to watch it if you (like me) find the show to be a little convoluted.

jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2013 at 1:55am
Here's how my system will work: 

I will list the films releasing this week in Australia, and ask "If I were to head to the cinemas this week, what do you think I should see?"  

Anyways, new releases this week here are: Identity Thief, Sleepwalk with Me, the Oscar-nominated Chasing Ice, Return to Nim's Island, and of course Trance and Jurassic Park in 3D.

If I were to head to the cinema this weekend, what should I see?  

"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2013 at 1:37pm
JesseSince you included JURASSIC PARK, I assume you haven't seen it? You should, but I warn you that the ending might disappoint. You might also want to give TRANCE a chance, because it just got an R.T. consensus, and it's good (though not as good as EVIL DEAD's).

By the way, why is RETURN TO NIM'S ISLAND being released in theaters in Australia, if it's a made-for-TV movie?

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: American made-for-TV movies are often released theatrically in foreign territories -- It's another way for the film's makers to recoup their production costs...and, if they're lucky, maybe even make a profit. 

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2013 at 7:40am
New releases here: WARM BODIES, DE JUEVES A DOMINGO*, MČRES ET FILLES, and, KILLING THEM SOFTLY. What should I do?

Also, Will Arnett has been cast in the new NINJA TURTLES movie. They haven't confirmed which character he'll play, but they said he won't be CASEY JONES. He's not the best actor in the planet, but he's good. Better than some of his confirmed co-stars.

*It's about a family of 4 on a road trip, where the daughter believes the family bond will die by the end of the journey.

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2013 at 11:08am
Warm Bodies.

I have no comment on the Will Arnett thing.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2013 at 1:34pm
Here's the opening of the first televised Oscar ceremony:

I have no comment on the Will Arnett thing.

That kind of statement requires a comment. What's wrong with him?
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2013 at 1:50pm
On the same day he posted an update on his future as a reviewer, Roger Ebert has passed away. One way or another, he inspired me -- and every film critic, professional and otherwise 
R.I.P.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 104>