Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & INFO on 2013 RAZZIE® TITLES > GENERAL DISCUSSION of 2013 RELEASES...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Members' Discussion of 2013 RELEASES LIST...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 104>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Members' Discussion of 2013 RELEASES LIST...
    Posted: April 26 2013 at 2:53pm
SchumacherH8ter: They were there before that. There was one point T.I., Genesis Roudriguez, and Morris Chestnut were up there as well.

Vheid: Some of them look interesting, but I have to wait.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2013 at 3:03pm
To Vits, Vheid, SchumacherH8ter, and anyone else the Cannes film festival might concern: They look like they could be some good films, with a few hidden gems. But I couldn't go to a film festival, not only because the travel arrangements are too expensive and hassle-filled, but because I care more about the theatrical releases; The theatres are what count in the awards. I hope The Bling Ring gets good reviews next month because at least that's a wide release. I'm confident Fruitvale will get some good award nominations next winter.

To oiram: Why so many nominations for Dead Man Down, The Call, Snitch, and especially Dark Skies?
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2013 at 3:25pm
@GTAHater767 What do you mean "so many?" Snitch only has two nominations. Those are fair, right? As for the other films, you can call those "Place holders," because certain movies have not been released yet. Most of them will be gone, trust me.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2013 at 5:49pm
Last night, the Latin Billboard Music Awards were given out. Why am I mentioning this? Well, during the tribute to the late singer Jenni Rivera, Edward James Olmos talked about FILLY BROWN, the movie in which they star together (and that he produced) that will be released this year. He said "I can assure you that she'll win an Oscar". Not only did that feel inappropriate (her family was in the front row, crying as they watched clips of her), but I'm pretty sure he jinxed the movie's Oscar chances by saying it!  

Marvel once again owns the rights to DAREDEVIL. This has been going on for so long, that if the reboot sucks, all Hell will break loose.

The director of THE GRUDGE will remake the Anime classic KIKI'S DELIVERY SERVICE. But it'll be live-action. Also, they are already working on sequels to RIDE ALONG and potential Worst Actress nominee THE HEAT. But they haven't even been released yet, and they're not part of a popular franchise. What's going on with the world?!
Originally posted by Vheid

I am suprised that no one here has mentioned the anouncement of the cannes-selection earlier this week...
I try not to look to much into film festival line-ups. Nowadays, movies that premiere there can easily be forgotten. That's why I usually wait until the reviews.
Originally posted by GTAHater767

I care more about the theatrical releases; The theatres are what count in the awards.
Shocked

Why so many nominations for Dead Man Down, The Call, Snitch, and especially Dark Skies?
What do you mean? They got bad reviews, and they weren't exactly big box office hits.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2013 at 6:00pm
I heard The Heat was screen in advance to police officers. Does anyone know what the reaction was to the movie?  

Also, there isn't even a POSTER for Ride Along yet! 

HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2013 at 7:00am
HEDZ UP from Head RAZZberry: Embarrassed by a 2012 L.A. Times investigation that pegged the average AMPAS/Oscar Voter as being white, male and 62 years old, the Academy has announced that they are launching an effort to widen and "diversify" their voting membership. Currently, about 94% of the 5800 eligible voting members are white, while a mere 2% are Black and even fewer are Latinos. Under previous rules, only about 30 new voters were admitted annually (replacing ones whose memberships lapsed, who voluntarily quit...or who died). Academy spokespersons insist they are not relaxing the standards for becoming an Oscar voter, but rather are working to add to minority representation among their ranks.

Here's the LINK to read the complete, berry interesting article in today's L.A. Times...  

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2013 at 7:16am
I found out that M. Night Shyamalan's* After Earth was pushed UP a week, from June to May. Is that an indication that it might be better than we expect?  

*Remember, Shyamalan is just directing this, not writing it. 

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2013 at 9:23am
PEEPLES should get the forum first. But if GATSBY gets bad reviews (specially if they're worse than the '70s version), then it should be the Bonus Worst Forum topic.  

Looks like PAIN & GAIN won't get a Forum after all. That's OK. Critics say that it's Michael Bay's most poignant movie to date. Meanwhile, MUD (which isn't a sequel to FRAILTY) has received the best reviews of the year so far.

Originally posted by oiram

No one answers, huh?

Sorry, I thought it was a rhetorical question... 

GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2013 at 6:27pm
The fact that they pulled After Earth forward from June 7 to June's Eve is such a minor change that I'd say no, it does not indicate anything better than we expect. Even if it's been 3 years since the previous Shyamalan film rather than only 2 like was the case from 2004 to 2010.

I agree that Tyler Perry Presents Peeples should be our top priority for May 10. There's a sliver of a chance that The Great Gatsby 2013 might get exonerated in the reviews, but there's even less such chance with a Tyler Perry film anymore.

If Keanu Reeves is finally getting around to his directorial debut, I'd give it a 1 out of 20 chance of good reviews, rounded up. Angelina Jolie released her directorial debut, In the Land of Blood and Honey, in December 2011, and that one finished out with mixed reviews. At least she had a few more good films than Keanu.

To Vits: Even if Dead Man Down and The Call didn't gross very much, the truth remains their reviews are more Mixed than Bad. If it wouldn't have fallen apart in the third act, critics might have loved The Call. Though Dark Skies got a 3/10 as opposed to 4/10 in the approval rating, but we have so many films coming up that'll turn out a lot worse. As for Snitch, its reviews border on 6 out of 10, and is not a RAZZIE forum designated film, officially or unofficially.
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2013 at 7:36pm
@GTAHater Actually, I said we should give Peeples a forum a week early so that we don't have any road blocks if Great Gatsby turns out to be bad.  

HEDZ UP from Head RAZZberry: I will be out of town on business all of this week, but hope to have WiFi access at my hotel. 

As a result, my time available for Forum matters will be limited until next weekend. Also, I see no urgency about starting a Forum discussion on PEEPLES any earlier than when I return. If GATSBY (which I expect will be a box office bomb even if it does get good reviews) turns out to be "one of ours," it, too, can have a discussion added closer to its opening date of May 10...  

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2013 at 3:12pm
Former D.G.A. President Jack Shea has passed away.

Also, Michael Bay has clarified the origin of the new NINJA TURTLES.

it's been 3 years since the previous Shyamalan film rather than only 2 like was the case from 2004 to 2010.
Maybe that's because AFTER EARTH has a bigger budget than his previous movies? Also, I think that "trend" goes back all the way to 2000.
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2013 at 12:47pm
About a month-and-a-half ago (about the time the "redband" trailer for Pain & Gain came out) I stumbled across the website of Ed Du Bois, the guy played by Ed Harris. Here's the LINK for said website: 

http://eddubois.com/  

I decided to email Ed about the movie, and whether it is in fact true to life. I forgot about the message he sent back -- Here is his response, no joke: 

"Thanks for the inquiry. The film is 'Based' on a true story that I co-wrote in 1996-1998. I have not seen the entire movie yet but from what I have seen and heard much of the original story is accurately retold but much has been factionalized by the script writers as well. It will be a very exciting movie!

Check out the Pain & Gain song too. It retells the story through an incredible rock and roll song. You can download and enjoy for a buck, can't beat that!"

Make of it what you will...

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2013 at 3:37pm
Seems like, despite the appalling reviews and the huge drop off at box-office the fifth film suffered, the studio is determined to make a sixth Die Hard movie anyways

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2013 at 5:53pm
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2013 at 11:07am
Went to the movies and saw IRON-MAN PART 3. I think it's the best of the trilogy, though not one of my best of this year. And it's  definitely not Razzie-worthy. Warning: This time, the post-credits scene isn't vital.

Also, here are Peter Travers' picks for the worst of April: 

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2013 at 2:54pm
Which one of these movies will be nominated for the Razzies? Don't worry, the article only consists of funny movie poster parodies. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 104>