Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO. FORUMS & POLLS on 2012 RAZZIE® Choices... > THE APPARITION
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Member DISCUSSION of APPARITION

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Member DISCUSSION of APPARITION
    Posted: August 20 2012 at 8:42am
O-O-O-O-O-O-H-H, SCARY!  

NO, NOT the MOVIE -- the IDEA THAT a MOVIE THIS DEVOID of ANY REASON to EXIST ACTUALLY GOT MADE!!  

"STARRING" a SECOND-TIER CAST MEMBER from the PERENNIALLY RAZZIE®-NOMINATED TWILIGHT MOVIES, THE APPARITION HAS LITTLE TO RECOMMEND IT as EITHER a REASON to BUY a MOVIE TICKET or as a SOUND INVESTMENT for ITS BACKERS. 

NOW HERE COMES YOUR TURN to SCARE the BE-JEEZUS OUT of the PRODUCERS of THIS HOKEY SOIUNDING FILM -- BY EXPRESSING JUST HOW DIS-INTERESTED YOU ARE in SEEING THEIR MOVIE... 

TO CHECK OUT Ye Olde Head RAZZberry's FOTO FUNNY on THIS FILM, CLICK HERE...

FOR MORE INFO (REVIEWS, CREDITS, GROSSES, etc.) on THIS FILM, CLICK HERE... 

NOW, THAT WASN'T TOO SCARY...WAS IT?!? 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2012 at 8:58am
How do we do this. Can Ashley Greene be nominated for Worst Actress for BOTH this AND Twilight 5?  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: In this film, Greene should be considered for Worst Actress, but in the TWILIGHT films she plays one of the siblings of Pattinson's character, a part that is decidedly a "supporting" role. 

Not sure if she's worth using up two nominations on, though...  

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2012 at 12:00pm
So far, Ashley Greene's role in all 4 TWILIGHT installments has been very small, without giving her a chance to be good or bad. I doubt that changes in BREAKING DAWN PART 2, so if she does get nominated, I think it should be for Worst Actress for the 2 movies.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2012 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by Vits

So far, Ashley Greene's role in all 4 TWILIGHT installments has been very small, without giving her a chance to be good or bad. I doubt that changes in BREAKING DAWN PART 2, so if she does get nominated, it should be for Worst Actress for the 2 movies.
May I remind you that Rob Schneider was nominated for Worst Actor in 2006 for Benchwarmers and Little Man, the later of which he was in for about less than five minutes. Another example is Cuba Gooding Jr. He was nominated Worst Actor in 2007 for Daddy Day Camp and Norbit, and again, Cuba's role was not big enough to be considered a lead. Going back further, 1998 to be exact, Bruce Willis won Worst Actor for Armageddon, Mercury Rising, and The Siege, the last of which had DENZEL WASHINGTON as the main star, not Willis.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2012 at 2:48pm
Ashley Greene was in also in movie that not a lot of people saw: Skateland. And she was pretty bad in it -- so this is not a case of the Twilight franchise dragging down a promising star like Robert Pattinson.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Winter's Tale
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2012 at 3:09pm
That's exactly why I suggested it. When someone appears in more than 1 bad movie in a year, they sometimes receive a "conjoined" nomination for all the titles. That's why Nick Swarsdon was nominated for Worst Actor and Worst Supp. Actor: all 3 of his 2011 performances were awful.

Originally posted by oiram

May I remind you that Rob Schneider was nominated for Worst Actor in 2006 for Benchwarmers and Little Man, the later of which he was in for about less than five minutes. Another example is Cuba Gooding Jr. He was nominated Worst Actor in 2007 for Daddy Day Camp and Norbit, and again, Cuba's role was not big enough to be considered a lead. Going back further, 1998 to be exact, Bruce Willis won Worst Actor for Armageddon, Mercury Rising, and The Siege, the last of which had DENZEL WASHINGTON as the main star, not Willis.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2012 at 6:24pm
I decided to read more about this movie, but it seems nobody knows anything about it (did any of you ever see a trailer?). 

The premise is very basic: a ghost is haunting the house of a young couple, and they call an expert in the supernatural. The funny thing is that Tom Felton plays the expert -- I just can't picture it!  
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2012 at 10:37pm
So far, this has 6 reviews... and the most positive gives it a 1/5!

(edit: the site that gave this a 1/5 doesn't give out zeros, so it's not technically the most positive. The new most positive is a tie between a .5 out 4 and a D-!)
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Winter's Tale
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2012 at 11:29pm
The average rating on RT is a 0.7/10. That's a first! And to think I was actually looking forward to it. Cry
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2012 at 12:29pm
We'll have to wait for a few day for a concensus. Meanwhile, this may help.
mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2012 at 11:17pm
MWG, for once I'm with you on that. I too was looking forward to The Apparition. But when it got pushed back, then got pushed back again, and then got pushed to the next year, I sensed it having problems. But as of now, it looks not only to be bad, but THAT bad, as in possible RAZZIE contender, so my excitement about it has reached an even higher level now!

I saw an interview snippet over a year ago, where Green was calling the movie extremely scary, and Tom Felton said noone recognizes him in England and in America girls go nuts when he shows up. I am very curious about his talent, I thought I saw something good in his performance in the sixth Harry Potter, and he was good enough in The Disappeared and Planet of Apes.

Ashley Green hasn't bothered me so far, but I have no idea about her acting range. Too bad for her that Apparition will be people's first impression on her acting skills.
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2012 at 6:28am
I thought the Twilight movies were the people's first impression of Ashley Greene??  

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2012 at 9:09am
As mentioned before, Greene's role in the TWILIGHT saga has been too small to judge her as an actress.

By the way, she was also in L.O.L. (another reason to nominate that movie, even if it isn't eligible).
mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2012 at 10:24am
Ashley Green is a very pretty girl -- That is the only impression I have of her. I can't tell if she is capable of a challenging role, but I wouldn't put it past her, either. 

In LOL, did she say anything of note, apart from chosing the red wine? Her job in that was looking hot -- not acting.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2012 at 7:23pm

We'll have to wait for a few day for a concensus. Meanwhile, this may help.
Seems that there won't be. It'll stay under 5%.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2012 at 10:00am

It'll stay under 5%.

"It fails to offer anything original, it isn't particularly scary, and offers so little in the way of dramatic momentum that it's more likely to put you to sleep than thrill you".
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>