Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO. FORUMS & POLLS on 2012 RAZZIE® Choices... > THE APPARITION
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Member DISCUSSION of APPARITION

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Member DISCUSSION of APPARITION
    Posted: December 17 2012 at 11:35am
I just saw it. FYC: Worst Excuse for a Horror Movie.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2013 at 10:43am
Originally posted by Vits

I just saw it. FYC: Worst Excuse for a Horror Movie.

Any thoughts?
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2013 at 10:40pm
Time to review one of the laziest horror movies in recent memory. It does nothing original, blatantly stealing from other, better movies.

There's one scene that I really like and by that I mean the scene is so hilarious that it's funny. There's a scene where Ashley Greene and Bucky Barnes drive from their home and the garage door closes. Then the door opens on its own. It's supposed to be scary, but it's such a low-stakes "scare" that I was laughing my ass off.

Tom Felton (or, as I'll refer to him in the rest of the review, Draco Malfoy) plays an annoying college student. He, Bucky, and another girl played by Julianna Guill try to talk to a dead person. Because this is a crappy horror movie, something goes wrong and Guill gets taken. His character is a massive idiot too. Everything he does to try and take care of the entity involves doing the same thing except with more power. Is it any wonder that he's the first of the lead characters to go?

Ashley Greene is an absolutely awful actress. She has no talent beyong being insanely hot. The big problem with her is that she doesn't give off any discernable emotions. Even Kristen Stewart gives off emotions better. Also really bad is Bucky Barnes as her boyfriend. He's being haunted by a demonic entity and doesn't tell Greene about it until she's become involved. So yeah, it's Paranormal Activity except it's the guy being haunted. This goes hand-in-hand with my assertion that the film does nothing original. Virtually every scene was used in Paranormal Activity. The scenes that aren't stolen from that are stolen from HP Lovecraft and Poltergeist. One thing that the film does that seriously annoyed me was the faux-found footage scenes. There's scenes where the perspective is shown from the camera for no in-story reason. Out-of-story, it was done to make the film seem like Paranormal Activity.

I tried to live Tweet this film when I first saw it, but I got so bored I couldn't actually do it. Grade: F

Next-up: One Missed Call!
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12