Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > Forum Discussion & Add'l Info on CAPTAIN AMERICA
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Member Discussion of CAPTAIN AMERICA

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Member Discussion of CAPTAIN AMERICA
    Posted: July 08 2011 at 7:08am
IF the MOVIE IS AS FUNNY AS ITS TRAILER, THIS ONE SHOULD BE a LAUGH RIOT! 

HERE's WHERE to "AVENGE" YOURSELF, and ARGUE WHY WE SHOULD DEMOTE CAPTAIN AMERICA to the LOWLY RANK of RAZZIE® CONTENDER. 

AND, FOR the CURIOUS, HERE's the LINK to CHECK OUT OUR "OFFICIAL TAKE" on the FILM...  

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2011 at 7:30am
I had/have a feeling about this one... The trailers made it look like a combination of G.I.:The Rise of Cobra and Pearl Harbor. Not to mention the fact that the superhero in question looks extremelly dated (which I already pointed out in the Green Lantern-forum)

And considering that it comes out the weekend after the final Harry Potter-installment, I highly doubt if it will make as much money as X-Men: First Class, Thor or even Green Lantern...

Oh and HeadRAZZ, I see that you've had a change of heart about starting a forum for the Winnie the Pooh-movie.
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2011 at 7:35am
RESPONSE from HEAD RAZZberry: Actually, I haven't fully decided against putting up a "Forum discussion" on WINNIE THE POOH -- it opens July 15, but we may go with the Sarah Palin documentary UNDEFEATED (which opens in limited release that same day) instead.

For those interested, here's  the LINK to join our POOH discussion...  

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2011 at 7:40am
HeadRAZZ, Just out of curiosity, If the Pooh "forum" will only be up for discussion pruposes, wouldn't it be a better Idea to make a poll out of it? (unless of course that takes too much time to make)...

update: I see that you've edited your post, which now makes this post look a bit out-of-context...

I would really like it if The Undefeated would get a forum (eventhought I am not sure if I will be able to see it), mainly because I like the idea of seeing Sarah Palin in the worst actress-category on the nomination ballot.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2011 at 9:36am
I don't know how much time it takes for him to do that, but I doubt the results will arrive in time for the release. 

Originally posted by Vheid

HeadRAZZ, Just out of curiosity, If the Pooh "forum" will only be up for discussion pruposes, wouldn't it be a better Idea to make a poll out of it? (unless of course that takes too much time to make)...
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2011 at 12:54pm
Assuming this film will fail, I say this to the actor who plays Captain America: "Your warrior's build and giant pecs won't save you this time!"

If there was a poll regarding Winnie the Pooh 2011, what would it ask?

If there was a poll regarding Undefeated, would it ask if we wanted the forum? And is it likely to get as negative reviews as Atlas Shrugged: Part I, the other limited release crash related to the Tea Party?
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2011 at 1:10pm
If The Undefeated: The Sarah Palin Story gets a forum, could it be possible that it would get a joined nomination with Atlas Shrugged: Part I in the same way that Meet the Spartans and Disaster Movie did a couple of years ago?

update: The trailer of The Undefeated. link
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2011 at 1:14pm
Those received a conjoined nom because they were made by exactly the same people and had the same formats and similar "plots".
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2011 at 2:02pm
So.... These two movies share the same very small audience, that has to count for something...
whatsthepoint View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2011 at 2:59pm
It might flop oversees but only because it has the term "America" in it. Otherwise I'm sure the reviews will great because critics seem to love to eat up Marvel's generic overdone superhero films. 
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2011 at 3:11pm
The dumbest thing about the trailer: They took Chris Evans' head and on put it on what looked like the body of a 5 year old. I know Steve Rogers was a "90 pound weakling" before becoming Captain America, but come on; his head was not twice the size of his body!

Oh, and by the way, Captain America had a steady boost in popularity over the past decade due to 9/11 and a storyline in which he was killed off (only to come back to life, because such is the tradition in comic books), so he is NOT forgotten.
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2011 at 3:15pm
A friend of mine said that no matter what, he'll see this movie at a cinema as a birthday gift for himself. He loves Marvel (and hates DC by the way!). He basically yelled "yahoo!" when he saw the trailer the first time, and he told me how cool the shield was when he saw the poster.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2011 at 3:35pm
The die-hard fanboys will see comic book movies no matter what. They'll complain about the movies for hours, if not days later ... but they will see them in theaters anyway.

I think this should also be mentioned, with the death of Osama Bin Liden, there might be a wave of patriotism in America strong enough to get people to see this movie for it's Pro-American image. That, and some people just want something to wash the bad aftertaste of "Indiana Jones 4" out of their mouths with a good old fashion movie serial type of movie.
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2011 at 3:44pm
That if,  this turns out to be a good movie!
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2011 at 3:45pm
I guess I can't respect your friend then (note: I like both companies equally).  

Originally posted by Vits

A friend of mine loves Marvel and hates DC by the way.
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2011 at 5:41pm
Michaels, Don't you think that it will have a hard time getting out of the shadow of the last Harry Potter-movie (which is being released the weekend before) and which is already being predicted to be the most successfull movie of the year (box office-wise) AND the most succesfull movie in the franchise (also box office-wise)?  

Originally posted by Michaels

The die-hard fanboys will see comic book movies no matter what. They'll complain about the movies for hours, if not days later ... but they will see them in theaters anyway.

I think this should also be mentioned, with the death of Osama Bin Liden, there might be a wave of patriotism in America strong enough to get people to see this movie for it's Pro-American image. That, and some people just want something to wash the bad aftertaste of "Indiana Jones 4" out of their mouths with a good old fashion movie serial type of movie.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>