Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > Discussion & Add'l INFO on THE DILEMMA
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

MEMBER DISCUSSION of DILEMMA

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JoBloMovieGoer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MEMBER DISCUSSION of DILEMMA
    Posted: January 20 2011 at 9:43am
I thought 97% of everyone in Hollywood had been thru at least one painful/messy divorce (with the added humiliation of media coverage if they're famous names). As someone who's been thru a divorce myself, it puzzles me how anyone thought this material would ever be a subject for laughter!
#1-Film Freak!! View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote #1-Film Freak!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2011 at 9:47am
Yeah, being cheated on and humiliated -- That's always good for a laugh!  

Besides, when I saw Ron Howard's butt-ugly brother in the trailer, I knew immediately this was gonna stink! 
Nobody LUVS movies more than ME!
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2011 at 9:53am
I don't know if it's the same movie, but I did hear something about constipation or something similar in a trailer that seemed to be for this film.

By the way, HeadRAZZ: Can the rest of the RAZZIE contenders have one subforum with all the topics instead of two subforums? I'm trying to say: give your description of the movie its own topic if you want to, but don't give it its own subforum.
Possible Unofficial Forums, given <35% approval: Spt. 12: Dolphin Tale 2, Search Party. Spt. 19: The Maze Runner, Tusk.
moorlock2003 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moorlock2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2011 at 6:08am
Agreed. I'm so sick of relatives to directors or actors being given parts in films. There are plenty of capable character actors who could get work if directors weren't so selfish.

As for this movie, I don't understand why anyone would pay good money to see that overstuffed oaf Kevin James in a movie when you can see him for free on TV all the time in that stupid sitcom of his.
Fred Cooper
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2011 at 11:48am
It's really hard to be an actor these days. Even if you have all the talent in the world, roles are being given to reality show "celebrities", rap music artists, or as mention here, relatives of the directors or actors. It's so sad that acting ability no longer matters, it's all about who you know or if you have crossover appeal.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2011 at 8:25pm
So connections and big names trump aptitude these days? No wonder my last few Worst Movies lists have been so pungent!

...but I'm buckling up now, because 2011 will have MUCH worse films to offer us than this. January was just the tip of the iceberg, pun not intended.
Possible Unofficial Forums, given <35% approval: Spt. 12: Dolphin Tale 2, Search Party. Spt. 19: The Maze Runner, Tusk.
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2011 at 7:34am
Just saw it. I've never seen a Vince Vaugn film before, is he always so cruel an cynical?

Clint Howard is just cameo-ing and non-acting and Queen Latifah has very akward dialogue. And when the truth comes out about the cheating the film makes an entire genre-switch from comedy to heavy drama.
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2011 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by Vheid

Just saw it. I've never seen a Vince Vaugn film before, is he always so cruel and cynical?
Yeah, he's pretty much often casted as the wiseass best friend who talks trash behind your back and sometimes to your face.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Jennifar View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jennifar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2011 at 6:23am
Clint Howard is just cameo-ing and non-acting and Queen Latifah has very akward dialogue. And when the truth comes out about the cheating the film makes an entire genre-switch from comedy to heavy drama.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2011 at 5:44pm
R.T. gave this 21%:"It boasts a likable cast and an interesting premise,but it can't decide what to do with them;the result is an uneven blend of cheesy slapstick and surprisingly dark comedy".

Richard Roeper gave this a C:"Good performances in an interesting attempt that ultimately fails.Wrong fit for director Ron Howard".

Peter Travers gave this */****:"The January movie burial ground claims another victim.RIP".
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
roxanne113 View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote roxanne113 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2011 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by Jennifar

\ and Queen Latifah has very akward dialogue.

I really didn't get how her role in any way propelled the movie forward. Don't get me wrong, I dig her as an actress and enjoy her strong female roles like in the Secret Lives of Bees and when she's a foil in more slapstick stuff like Mad Money, but this role made no sense at all.

This movie is a shame because I like Kevin James and Vince Vaughn usually.

oh well
sweetlinda View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote sweetlinda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2011 at 3:13am
A Titanic wreck that makes you wonder if anyone was at the helm. The plot's lost in a Bermuda triangle of exhausted-formula, genre-muddle and hackneyed storytelling. Bromance, dark drama, slapstick, and rambling, wanna-be-funny speeches get mixed up.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2011 at 8:23pm
Man I hate Kevin James

The good:

Vince Vaughn: Vaughn is easily the best part of the movie. He acts comedic when he's supposed to and he acts dramatic when he supposed to. The scene where he toasts a couple is the highlight of the movie.

Winona Ryder's pretty: Grasping for straws.

Jennifer Connelly's pretty: Again, I try to have at least three things in each category.

The bad:

Ron Howard blows it: While not as horrifically unwatchable as those Dan Brown movies that he's taken to doing, it still sucks.

Winona Ryder and Jennifer Connelly's acting: They've both proven that they can act, yet they're bland in this. It's even more damaging in Ryder's case because she was having a mini-comeback with Star Trek and Black Swan.

Channing Tatum: Confession time: I HATE Channing Tatum. He can't act to save his life. His only good role was in Public Enemies where he got turned into Swiss-cheese by Christian Bale. He's just as crappy in this film.

The ugly:

Allan Loeb: This guy's the writer and he, also, wrote, in order from most tolerable to least, Wall Street 2, The Switch, and Adam Sandler's Satanicly unfunny Just Go With It. So, in terms of writers, he's not quite Ehren Kruger or mother-f*cker Greg Berlanti, but he's still a hack who deserves the Iranian pick-pocket punishment.

It makes Gnomeo & Juliet look like the most memorable thing ever: Seriously, it's taken me 20 minutes, just to remember what happened in this P.O.S. And least we forget...

Kevin James: Seriously, who gives this fat piece of crap roles? He's un-funny, he's got no charisma. He absolutely terrible in this. Chris Farley's corpse would be a better choice for the role. In a way, I'm sort of anticapating watching Zookeeper. If I can go ballistic over this, imagine what I'd do to that.

Wow, this review was exceptionally cruel. Grade: C

Next-up: If I wake-up early enough, the next review will be of Sucker Punch! If I wake up late, it'll be Final Destination 5... IN 3D!!!!!
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Transcendence
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2011 at 10:09am
Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

It's even more damaging in Ryder's case because she was having a mini-comeback with Star Trek and Black Swan.
You say "mini" because her roles were supporting,right?Well,I haven't seen STAR TREK but I read it was a cameo.

If only I was 5-10 years older.I would've experienced what everyone else did that made them call her the "Generation X Girl".
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2011 at 12:37pm
Winona Ryder's comeback is one of the lamest in a while. Little supporting roles and cameos aren't much of a comeback. I don't think stealing from a department store was her downfall, but she is pretty "old" by Hollywood standards, and we have plenty of new "It" girls to choose from (Olivia Wilde, Emma Stone, etc.). In the end, Ryder just never reinvented herself or kept herself in the limelight and now her career is in limbo because of it.
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2011 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by Vits

Well,I haven't seen STAR TREK but I read it was a cameo.
It was a supporting role. She played Spock's mum in Star trek.
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
 Post Reply Post Reply