Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO. FORUMS & POLLS on 2012 RAZZIE® Choices... > Member Discussion & Cetera for GHOST RIDER, TOO
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

MEMBER DISCUSSION of GHOST TOASTIES #2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MEMBER DISCUSSION of GHOST TOASTIES #2
    Posted: June 14 2012 at 7:13am
Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

I liked the scenes with Ghost Rider in this movie. Not Johnny Blaze, Ghost Rider. He's easily the best thing about it. So, of course, he has less than 20 minutes of screentime in the movie, the rest of the running time being wasted on a boring as sh*t plotline about a half-human little boy that might start the apocalypse and a truely heinous performance from Nicolas Cage. It's too boring to warrant a review. Grade: D

Do you think it should be nominated for something?
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2012 at 11:58am
It should get a Worst Prequel, Remake, Rip-off, or Sequel nod and, unless something else really bad comes along, Nicolas Cage should win Worst Actor. As for Worst Picture, it's not in my personal Top 5 worst movies of the year, but if movies that don't have a forum are excluded, then it's in the Top 5.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2012 at 2:43pm
Skip to 06:28.

Any thoughts?
mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2012 at 12:42am
I completely agree. I also like the wicked sense of humor of the Ghost Rider, his little laughs and his fun while causing damage were the best thing about the movie.
I also kinda liked Idris Elba, but he was unchallenged in his role.
However, I didn't like the story at all. And it bugged me that while he was burning hot, the women had no problems to hug him. Worst Actor nod for Nic Cage, WS for David S. Goyer and worst Sequel.

Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

I liked the scenes with Ghost Rider in this movie. Not Johnny Blaze, Ghost Rider. He's easily the best thing about it. So, of course, he has less than 20 minutes of screentime in the movie, the rest of the running time being wasted on a boring as sh*t plotline about a half-human little boy that might start the apocalypse and a truely heinous performance from Nicolas Cage.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2012 at 2:40pm
If you already thought Cage deserved a Worst Actor nomination, take a look at this.
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2012 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by Vits

Ohhh... Never heard of them. I'll check them out.

The Yardbirds were a blue rock British Invasion acts featuring at different times Jimmy Page, who went on to form Led Zeppelin, and Eric Clapton, who went next to John Mayall's Bluesbreakers, then Cream, then Blind Faith, then Delaney & Bonnie, then Derek & the Dominoes before he finally went solo, and uber-guitarist Jeff Beck, who formed the Jeff Beck Group with Rod Stewart before going out on his own.  Looking from the view of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductions, Jimmy Page was inducted twice (Yardbirds, Led Zep), Jeff Beck was inducted twice (Yardbirds, Jeff Beck) and Eric Clapton was inducted three times (Yardbirds, Cream, Eric Clapton - the most inducted inductee). 

Songs you should check out by the Yardbirds include the previously mentioned "Over Under Sideways Down", as well as "For You Love" (#6 in 1965), "Heart Full Of Love" (#9 in 1965), "Shapes Of Things" and their covers of "Smokestack Lightning" (originally by Howlin' Wolf) and "The Train Kept A-Rollin'" (a cover of Johnny Burnette & the Rock 'N' Roll Trio's cover of Tiny Bradshaw's original). 

Luckily, you have YouTube and Spotify!

cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2012 at 2:44pm
Nicolas Cage is someone we need to make up our minds about.  He's not like Carmen Elektra or Paris Hilton who are guaranteed to win whatever category they're nominated for (unless Elektra goes up against Hilton, in which case Hilton always "wins").  I mean, Cage starred in the remake of Wicker Man, and as laughably bad as that movie was, he got off scot free because there was always something worse.  So, until he stars in something so wretched we're going to serve him Golden Raspberry flambé, we might as well halp him go for getting the record for the most Razzie nominations without ever being diss-honored with a "win".

BTW, who holds that record?   

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: We had just such an award at our 2005 ceremonies, Worst RAZZIE® Loser of Our First 25 Years. When that was "won" by Arnold Schwarzenegger, the mantle of most RAZZIE® noms w/no "wins" was passed to Keanu Reeves -- Here's an IMDb LINK to see what all Keanu has been RAZZIE®-nominated for...

cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2012 at 7:24am
Well, counting Cage's Worst Screen Couple nods, Cage currently has a "career total" of 5 Razzie nominations, and Reeves has 6.  So Cage could tie things up this year!

Look at them -- Both of them should be setting Oscar records, not Razzie records.  UGH!  

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234