Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO. FORUMS & POLLS on 2012 RAZZIE® Choices... > GUILT TRIP
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Member Discussion of GUILT TRIP

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Member Discussion of GUILT TRIP
    Posted: December 18 2012 at 9:37am
WE GET THAT THIS WAS CONCEIVED as a CROSS-GENERATIONAL/MOTHER-and-SON/FISH-OUT-of-WATER/BUDDY COMEDY, and THAT the CASTING of BARBRA STREISAND as the MOTHER WAS CONSIDERED SOMETHING of a COUP... 

BUT LEST WE FORGET, ALTHOUGH SHE's NEVER "WON," BABS HAS BEEN RAZZIE® NOMINATED THREE TIMES ALREADY (MOST RECENTLY as WORST SUPPORTING ACTRESS for LITTLE FOCKERS) and HAS RARELY DISPLAYED ANY GIFT for BEING SUBTLE WHEN IT COMES to DOING COMEDY... 

CAST 2011 WORST ACTOR NOMINEE SHOULDA-BIN SETH ROGAN (THE GREEN HORNET) as HER SON, THEN PUT the TWO of THEM in a RENTAL CAR HEADED OFF on an EIGHT-DAY ROAD TRIP...and YOU HAVE the MAKINGS of a FUTURE CIA TORTURE/INTERROGATION DEVICE. 

EARLY REVIEWS at ROTTEN TOMATOES HAVE BEEN LESS THAN KIND, SUGGESTING THIS ONE IS EVERY BIT the RAZZIE® CONTENDER WE PEGGED IT for BEING MONTHS AGO... 

NOW COMES YOUR CHANCE to LET the AIR OUT of BABS's and SETH's TIRES -- and LET THIS FILM's MAKERS KNOW EXACTLY WHERE YOU'D LIKE to TELL 'EM to GO...

SO...WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR??   

IN CASE IT'LL HELP FIRE UP YOUR WRATH, HERE's the LINK to CHECK OUT Ye Olde Head RAZZberry's FOTO FUNNY for THIS FILM...

AND for ADDITIONAL AMMUNITION, HERE's the LINK to CHECK OUT OUR "FORUM INFO" PAGE on IT, with LINKS to R.T. REVIEWS, the FILM's OFFICIAL SITE, IMDb LISTING and CETERA. 

NOW, GO AHEAD and TAKE SOME JABS at BABS! 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2012 at 9:53am
I dont' know why, but I always laugh every time HeadRAZZ refers to her as "Babs".

I'm not sure if it will be good or bad, depending on the filmmakers. Anne Fletcher also directed STEP UP, 27 DRESSES and THE PROPOSAL. And Dan Fogelman also wrote CARS, FRED CLAUS, BOLT, TANGLED and CRAZY STUPID LOVE. So, I only see this maybe getting acting nominations for its 2 leads. 

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2012 at 10:13am
I have a feeling Barbra will end up in our Worst Actress category. As far as winning, I doubt it, since she'll probably have to go up against Katherine Heigl and Kristen Stewart.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2012 at 1:47pm
I do have a few questions and comments, right off the bat: 

*What exactly is a coup?  

*You say you wanted The Green Hornet to be a finalist for Seth Rogan. But did you forget that The Green Hornet had an approval rating at about 40%, when 2011 had more than enough bad films to go around whose approval ratings were far below that? If you answer NO, then I ask if Seth Rogan was the only thing that The Green Hornet stood a chance of being a finalist for? That would entail a variation on a common parameter in the acting categories: "Don't mind the film, loathe the act!"

Now, back to topic. Barbra Streisand is also Trey Parker and Matt Stone's most hated celebrity. She was defeated once in Episode 112, "Mecha Streisand", then she returned in a souped-up form in Episodes 1405 and 1406, "200" and "201". By now, I think of Yentl as her only good or even passable work. It was one of the Retro Top 40 Movies of 1983. Until she was nominated for Little Fockers, I didn't even know she appeared in it.

Now it's come down to The Guilt Trip. It's losing by 2-4 on the Tomatometer, and it's my understanding that it was not pre-screened for critics, lending to my intuition that the approval rating will plunge by tomorrow night. On Metacritic, the first 5 reviews are 2 positive and 3 mixed. On that front, it's looking ambiguous, but there's still a chance for a flood of negative reviews. And with just over a week until the nomination ballots get mailed, all it has to do is get panned by critics, and it's got the finals in the bag for at LEAST 2 categories! But that's as far as I predict this'll get with us; Barbra and Rogan will probably end the race as runners-up. 

My deadlines for Member-Started Forums, given 35% approval rating or less: Apl. 29; The Other Woman. May 6; Walk of Shame. May 20; Godzilla '014. May 27; Blended. Jne. 3; A Million Ways...
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2012 at 2:16pm
As I mentioned a few days ago, THE GREEN HORNET made it to the ballots for Worst Actor and Screenplay (both for Rogen). What's funny is that HeadRAZZ didn't seem to dislike the movie, until me and very few others suggested Rogen right before he made a forum poll for Worst Actor suggestions, where Rogen appeared. If I remember correctly, HeadRAZZ explained that Rogen deserved to be listed for ruining a character that already existed. 

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2012 at 4:48pm
Didn't Prince of Tides (Which she starred in and directed) get nominated for several Oscars including Best Picture?
Originally posted by GTAHater767

By now, I think of Yentl as her only good or even passable work. It was one of the Retro Top 40 Movies of 1983.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: TIDES was nominated for 7 Oscars including Best Picture (IMDb LINK) but did not win a single statuette. Babs herself was snubbed for both her performance and her direction -- two "oversights" seen at the time as deliberate slights to Streisand, expressing an apparently widespread animosity towards her in the industry...  

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2012 at 8:09pm
NOW I remember! Prince of Tides was #10 on the Retro Top 40 Movies of 1991. The thing is, I had no idea it was Streisand-related. That was for 2 reasons: One, I'm more likely to identify a movie based on the genre, plot, and aesthetics than the people who star in it. Two, she didn't get  nominations for Best Director, Best  Actress-- or any other categories.  

As for Guilt Trip, it's a mystery to me why so many critics seem to like it. Though it's TomatoMeter approval rating is marginal, all but 1 of the first 20-some-odd reviews on Metacritic were good or mixed! I figured it opened today, but because it was released on a Wednesday, and wasn't anticipated for years on end, nobody's going to see it until the weekend begins. Even then, Jack Reacher may steal Guilt Trip's thunder. I'm not expecting much commercial success for this, but it's probably going to be an average-fest in the critical department. And the worst part is, there's only one more possible RAZZIE contender for our already short harvest (Parental Guidance), and even then there's absolutely no telling what the reviews will be like. That question is totally open!

PS: Surely you don't think this year's crop of RAZZberries is richer than anything from 2006 to 2010, do you?  

My deadlines for Member-Started Forums, given 35% approval rating or less: Apl. 29; The Other Woman. May 6; Walk of Shame. May 20; Godzilla '014. May 27; Blended. Jne. 3; A Million Ways...
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2012 at 10:33pm
Wow, looks like Seth Rogen turned into a Green Weenie after encountering Babs!
2013's WORST PIC-After Earth ACTOR-Jaden Smith & Johnny Depp ACTRESS-Lindsay Lohan! SUP ACTRESS--Kim Kardashian! SUP ACTOR-Chris Brown DIRECTOR--Good "Night"! SCREAMPLAY--The Lone Ranger.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2012 at 7:04am
Jeremy Jahns and Catherine Reiman's reviews:

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2012 at 3:21pm
R.T. (around 35%): "Seth Rogen and Barbra Streisand have enough chemistry to drive a solidly assembled comedy. Unfortunately, the movie has a lemon of a script, and it's perilously low on comedic fuel".
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2012 at 10:03am
WHAT THE FLICK's review:

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2012 at 12:53pm
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2012 at 11:37am
Because this had several spots on the nominating ballot, I went to see it. (with a free ticket, natch) It was... not terrible. It still sucked, but it wasn't terrible. The elderly crowd (there was only three other people in the theater who lacked liver spots) seemed to like it. Grade: C+
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Up-next: Reefer Madness
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2013 at 9:59am
For those who are curious but don't wanna watch it:

cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2013 at 7:43pm
Hmmm. . . as Sgt. Schultz so wisely said, "I see nothing.  Nothing..."
Vits, are you using the iframe embedding code?  If it's YouTube, suggest clicking the "use old embedding code" box and use that code instead?  If it's not that, then someone else please suggest something.

jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2013 at 12:23am
Cvcjr13: Embedded it for you.

"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
 Post Reply Post Reply