Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO. FORUMS & POLLS on 2012 RAZZIE® Choices... > HOUSE at the END of the STREET
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Member Discussion of HOUSE at...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Member Discussion of HOUSE at...
    Posted: September 25 2012 at 9:26am
FOR THOSE of YOU WONDERING WHY on EARTH JENNIFER LAWRENCE WOULD FOLLOW UP an OSCAR -NOMINATED PERFORMANCE in WINTER's BONE and the STARRING ROLE in the FIRST of the HUNGER GAMES MOVIES with a BLATANT CLUNKER LIKE HOUSE at the END of the STREET ...TECHNICALLY, SHE DIDN'T. 

HOUSE COMPLETED PRODUCTION TWO YEARS AGO, BEFORE the OSCAR NOD and BEFORE HUNGER's HUGE SUCCESS LAST SPRING. BUT IT's MAKERS WERE WISE to THEIR STAR's RISING FORTUNES, and HELD IT BACK 'TILL NOW. 

WHILE the STRATEGY DIDN'T FULLY PAY OFF (IT's OPENING B.O. NUMBERS WERE ONLY SO-SO and IT's ROTTEN TOMATOES RATING WAS TRULY ROTTEN) YA GOTTA GIVE 'EM SOME CREDIT for FOLLOWING the LOCK-IT-IN-a-BOX-'TILL-IT-LOOKS-RELEASABLE STRATEGY THAT ALMOST MADE ALL ABOUT STEVE  a B.O. "HIT" a COUPLA YEARS BACK.  

AND SOON WE'LL FIND OUT IF HOUSE FOLLOWS in STEVE's FOOTSTEPS WHERE WORST ACTRESS NOMINATIONS ARE CONCERNED -- BETS, ANYONE?!?

SO, WHAT'RE YA WAITIN' FOR -- GO AHEAD and POST YER THOUGHTS BELOW!  

JUST for FUN, HERE's the LINK to CHECK OUT the FOTO FUNNY on THIS FILM...  

AND HERE's the LINK for OUR ADDITIONAL INFO PAGE (INCLUDING GROSSES, REVIEWS, CREDITS and CETERA)... 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2012 at 10:47am
Just to clarify: Is there a rule that states that there can only be one special Razzie category per year? Because, with this movie, Worst Excuse for a Horror Movie has enough contenders to be brought back... just like Worst Excuse for a Political/Propaganda/Right-Wing Movie seems to have enough choices.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2012 at 12:54pm
If you listen closely, you can hear Schumacherh8ter jumping with joy at the fact that Jennifer Lawrence is eligible for a Razzie.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2012 at 2:00pm

I did indeed jump for joy! And the sound you heard was the desk I was sitting at when I saw this forum -- breaking in two from me jumping up and down! 

I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Winter's Tale
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2012 at 3:12pm
I've wondered why JL would star in this film, but it makes complete sense when you find out H.A.T.E.S. was filmed BEFORE she made Winter's Bone.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2012 at 11:59am
I just saw this, but I won't say what I think it should be considered for, because the Nominating Ballots are already finished. I will say that I won't vote for it in any category it's listed in (not even for Worst Actress). Not that it's not an awful movie (it is). But there are some awful movies that I consider to be among The Worst of This Year (such as HATEOTS), and there are some awful movies that I consider to be among The Worst of All Time. I just think it makes more sense that I vote for the latter... 

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2013 at 11:21am
Skip to 02:21:

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2013 at 7:32pm
Not all movies that sat on the shelf suck (the original Paranormal Activity was made back in 2007) but House At The End Of The Street does.

Elisabeth Shue gives a... not-bad performance as Jennifer Lawrence's mom. (I'm not going to bother looking up the character names, so I'm just calling them by the actor's name.) She's frequently frustrated by the behavior of Lawrence and she's justified in feeing so.

Max Thieriot gives a bad performance. Almost all of his performances are bad, but this one is especially bad. And that's not even getting the twist, but that's for the next paragraph. The direction by Mark Tonderai is pretty bad.

Jennifer Lawrence is incredibly awful. It's hard to think that she's the same Jennifer Lawrence who was in Silver Linings Playbook or Winter's Bone. It's easy to think of her as the same Jennifer Lawrence in The Hunger Games though.* The actors playing the high school kids are hilariously bad. They're evey bad douchey high school kid cliche combined into one stupid student body. But the twist is the worst part. Apparantly, Max Thieriot has been keeping his killer sister in his basement. No wait, he's kidnapping women who like his killer sister to cope with her being dead. No wait, his sister died when he was little and his parents made him dress up like her and he killed them. What? Not only is this dumb, but it makes the rest of the town distrust of him more reasonable. They're supposed to be your basic intolerant townfolk, but he's so creepy that I don't them.

The main reason I decided to review this is because Richard Kelly was supposed to write this... back in 2003! Grade: C-

Next-up: Piranha 3DD!

*I haven't made fun of The Hunger Games in a while and this felt like the right time to slip a burn in.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2013 at 6:08am
And also THE CABIN IN THE WOODS.
Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

Not all movies that sat on the shelf suck (the original Paranormal Activity was made back in 2007)
I thought you were gonna say what you did in your review of HUMAN CENTIPEDE II. That you did like the dubm twist because at least it was something. I mean, this movie, for the most part, is a boring teen drama.

But the twist is the worst part.
I thought it was because I recommended it.

The main reason I decided to review this is because Richard Kelly was supposed to write this... back in 2003!
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2013 at 6:42pm
Your recommendation made me consider it, but finding out that Richard Kelly was attached at one point made it definite review fodder.
 Post Reply Post Reply