Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO. FORUMS & POLLS on 2012 RAZZIE® Choices... > LOCKOUT
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Member DISCUSSION of LOCKOUT

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Member DISCUSSION of LOCKOUT
    Posted: April 18 2012 at 8:58am
AT the REQUEST of SEVERAL FORUM MEMBERS, HERE's YOUR CHANCE to DISCUSS, DISSECT (and OTHERWISE DISS) ONE of 2012's MOST FORGETTABLE MOVIES: LOCKOUT...  

AND IF YOU'D LIKE to SEE Ye Olde Head RAZZberry's FOTO FUNNY for THIS FILM, HERE's the LINK to DO THAT, TOO... 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2012 at 10:01am
A "Worst Leftover" Movie? So no Worst New Movie? Oh, well...

The R.T. concensus (around 30%) reads: "Guy Pearce does the best he can with what he's given, but the movie is ultimately too derivative and shallow to build on the many sci-fi thrillers it borrows from".

This stars Guy Pearce of MEMENTO (my favorite movie) and Maggie Grace of LOST (one of my favorite shows). Yet, I doubt I'll like this.

This is the feature film debut for both directors. And one of them has had a career as a D.P. I guess that's a better sign that if he had a career as a crew member (like Visual FX Supervisor or Production Designer like usual).
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2012 at 4:21pm
We'll know in a day and 2 nights whether there'll be a Worst New Movie for Apl. 20. The approval rating for one of the two wide releases will need to drop before that can happen.

Anyways, this film has a sum of 81 out of 200 between Rotten T and Metacritic. Just 2 out of 200 less, and I'd support this as one of the 40 worst films of 2012. Guy Pearce made a lot of good and bad films over the past 12 or so years. Here's what I liked:

Memento. Top 40 Films of 2001, #6
The Road. Top 40 Films of 2009, #29
The Hurt Locker. Top 40 Films of 2009, #1
Animal Kingdom. Top 40 Films of 2010, #13
The King's Speech. Top 40 Films of 2010, #2

And here's what I didn't like:
Bedtime Stories. 2008 Dishonorable Mention.
Seeking Justice. 2012 RAZZIE Contender.

I consider all his other films not among these 7 to be average. I'm talking to you, Vits. You're the one who challenged me for not putting Elizabethtown and Fireflies in the Garden for my Bottom 40 Films of 2005 and the 2011 RAZZIES.

Overall, unless Seeking Justice just HAS to get multiple 2012 RAZZIE nominations, there probably will only be a little bit of RAZZIE potential in Lockout.

Originally posted by Vits

A Worst Leftover Movie? So no Worst New Movie? Oh, well...

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2012 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by GTAHater767

I consider all his other films not among these 7 to be average. I'm talking to you, Vits. You're the one who challenged me for not putting Elizabethtown and Fireflies in the Garden for my Bottom 40 Films of 2005 and the 2011 RAZZIES.
Ummm... what?
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2012 at 4:50pm
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2012 at 6:36pm
There was this one time when I listed the bad films of a certain actress (I want to say it was Jessica Biel) who starred in Elizabethtown (released in October 2005). You (At least I think it was you) were like "...and Elizabethtown?" because I didn't list it as one of the Bottom 40 Films of 2005. That happened late last year. About a month or two later, I listed GreenLantern for Ryan Reynolds as one of my nomination front-runners for the 2011 RAZZIES. He had happened to star in The Change-Up and Fireflies in the Garden, but I didn't list him for those. I didn't list Fireflies because for Oct. 14, 2011Trespass got the forum instead, and I didn't want any films to be nominated that didn't first have a RAZZIE forum. That happened in Dcb. 2011.

Meanwhile, it seems like Think Like a Man is below average and The Lucky One is bad. I vote forThe Lucky One for Worst New Movie of the Weak for Apl. 20.

Originally posted by Vits

I consider all his other films not among these 7 to be average. I'm talking to you, Vits. You're the one who challenged me for not putting Elizabethtown and Fireflies in the Garden for my Bottom 40 Films of 2005 and the 2011 RAZZIES.
Ummm... what?

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2012 at 6:17am
That wasn't me. I haven't even seen ELIZABETHTOWN. 

There was this one time when I listed the bad films of a certain actress (I want to say it was Jessica Biel) who starred in Elizabethtown (released in October 2005). You (At least I think it was you) were like "...and Elizabethtown?" because I didn't list it as one of the Bottom 40 Films of 2005.

About a month or two later, I listed Green Lantern for Ryan Reynolds as one of my nomination front-runners for the 2011 RAZZIES. He had happened to star in The Change-Up and Fireflies in the Garden, but I didn't list him for those. I didn't list Fireflies because for Oct. 14, 2011, Trespass got the forum instead, and I didn't want any films to be nominated that didn't first have a RAZZIE forum. That happened in Dcb. 2011.

That was me. I just didn't feel like his performance on GREEN LANTERN deserved a nomination. I had him in Razzie consideration (and nominated him for the Vits Award for Worst Movie Actor) for being in two bad movies in one year. Ever since, FIREFLIES IN THE GARDEN has aired a few times on TV. After seeing a few minutes, I can say he was good enough.

By the way, what does it have to do with LOCKOUT?
JoBloMovieGoer View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoBloMovieGoer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2012 at 2:24pm
For those "disappointed" that there was apparently not going to be a Worst of the Week pick this Friday, here's the LINK to see what Ye Old Head Razzberry chose... 

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: If you follow R.T. Ratings, it's hardly a shocker -- But if you were expecting THE LUCKY ONE or some other "major/wide" release, yes, you might be surprised... 

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2012 at 5:40pm
What does this have to do with Lockout? Because I was hoping you wouldn't call me out for not listing the main star's other dozen some-odd films that I considered average. The only film from the previous dozen years I didn't like of his was Bedtime Stories, and that only got a Dishonorable Mention on the Top & Bottom 40 Films of 2008.

Anyways, I don't think it matters now, because Lockout has 48% at Metacritic, making it harder to justify nominating this over worse films that'll be released later this year, and he was only a supporting role in Seeking Justice.

I'm still a bit leary over The Three Stooges getting mixed reviews instead of unanimously panned. I just hope the reviews for The Raven don't rise next weekend.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2012 at 2:49pm
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2012 at 10:24am
This movie was incredibly boring. The only good part was Guy Pearce, playing a role that could have easily been Snake Plisskin, Jr. Maggie Grace was bad, the action was crap, and it's a blatant rip-off of Escape From New York. Unless the Worst Prequel, Remake, Rip-off, or Sequel category gets split into two this year, I don't see this getting any nods. Grade: C-
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
 Post Reply Post Reply