Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO. FORUMS & POLLS on 2012 RAZZIE® Choices... > Tyler Perry's MADEA'S WITLESS PROTECTION
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: Member Discussion of MADEA's WITNESS PERFUNCTION..
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Member Discussion of MADEA's WITNESS PERFUNCTION..

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Member Discussion of MADEA's WITNESS PERFUNCTION..
    Posted: June 25 2012 at 11:52am
ACCORDING to the IMDb, TYLER PERRY's DRAG CHARACTER MADEA HAS APPEARED in NO LESS THAN 16 VARIOUS MOVIE and TV PROJECTS (LINK) -- YET, INEXPLICABLY, HE/SHE HAS YET to BE NOMINATED for WORST ACTRESS. THAT STREAK of LUCK MAY END with MADEA'S WITNESS PROTECTION, the LAMEST-LOOKING MADEA MOVIE YET (and, YES, WE DO KNOW THAT's SAYING a LOT!). 

IF YOU'D LIKE to EXPRESS YER THOUGHTS on the IDEA of FINALLY NOMINATING PERRY for a RAZZIE® -- OR YOUR OPPOSITION to DOING SO -- HERE's the PLACE to HAVE YOUR SAY.   

TO SEE Ye Olde Head RAZZberry's FOTO FUNNY on THIS FILM, CLICK HERE...  

FOR LYNX to PROMO MATERIALS, CREDITS, REVIEWS, GROSSES and CETERA on the FILM, CLICK HERE...  

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2012 at 1:01pm
Does Eugene Levy have a gambling problem? He appears in all those Direct-to-Video American Pie sequels and other crappy movies like Dumb And Dumberer, The Man...and now this! 

I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2012 at 2:36pm
What was the lowest reviewed Tyler Perry film before this one? What about the lowest reviewed Madea film?  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Here's a LINK to the Tyler Perry page at Rotten Tomatoes -- Apparently the very first MADEA movie (2005's DIARY OF A MAD BLACK WOMAN - LINK) was the lowest-rated of them all, with just 15% positive reviews...

Since there's an ancient Greek Legend of Jason and Medea, why hasn't Tyler Perry made a "Jayson and Madea" yet?

And as I should've expected, Tyler Perry's The Marriage Counselor has been pushed back to a few days before April 2013.

Here is Eugene Levy's credits selected for my Top & Bottom 40 lists:
Best in Show: Top 40 Films of 2000, 14th.
A Mighty Wind: Top 40 Films of 2003, 26th.
Dumb and Dumber'er: When Harry Met Lloyd: Bottom 40 Films of 2003, #6.
New York Minute: Bottom 40 Films of 2004, #6.
The Man: Bottom 40 Films of 2005, #15.
Cheaper By the Dozen 2: Bottom 40 Films of 2005, #12.

Cheaper By the Dozen 2 was released just a few days before 2006, so it's been 6.5 years since Levy starred in one of the Bottom 40 films.
Possible Unofficial Forums, given <35% approval: Jly 25; Ratner's Hercules, Besson's Lucy. Ags 8; TMNT '014. Ags 13; Let's Be Cops. Ags 15; The Giver, The Expendables 3. Ags 29; Jessabelle
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2012 at 4:11pm
Fun fact: None of the movies directed by Perry (with or without MADEA) has ever gotten a theatrical release here.  

As pointed out by others, this movie co-stars previous Razzie nominee Eugene Levy. While he's considered to be very talented (mainly in the Christopher Guest movies), his most frequent work has been supporting roles in bad movies. I understand that he isn't (and won't ever be) a leading man, but come on! The movie also features past Razzie winners Denise Richards and Tom Arnold. I'm worried. This could be the first Tyler Perry movie to be nominated for a Razzie, but what if only people other him are nominated?  
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2012 at 6:05pm
Maybe Tyler Perry can pull an "Adam Sandler" and be nominated as Worst Actor (for Alex Cross and Good Deeds) and Worst Actress (for this)?  

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2012 at 5:50am
Perry could also be nominated for Worst Supporting Actor for this... TWICE (Unless one of his characters could be considered "Lead Actor")! Not to mention Worst Director (This and Good Deeds), Worst Screenwriter (Again, this and Good Deeds), Worst Screen Couple, Worst Screen Ensemble, Worst Sequel or Prequel (as a Producer), and Worst Picture (Again, as producer).

Originally posted by Vits

The movie also features past Razzie winners Denise Richards and Tom Arnold. I'm worried. This could be the first Tyler Perry movie to be nominated for a Razzie, but what if only people other him are nominated?

And let's not forget the Mom from Everybody Loves Raymond (Doris Roberts) and Romeo (formerly Lil Romeo).  

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2012 at 9:07am
I skipped them because they haven't been nominated for Razzies... yet.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2012 at 4:32pm
There won't be a concensus for the next couple of days. Reviews are just starting to arrive, and it's off to a bad start with a 0% on R.T.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2012 at 7:43pm
It's gotten two positive reviews since Vits posted, both from "top" critics! One concedes that it's dumb fun, but the other seems to think that it's a much deeper movie than it is.
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2012 at 10:01am
I just realized, couldn't this be considered a rip-off of that Larry the Cable Guy/Jenny McCarthy movie, Witless Protection?
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2012 at 9:35am
i'm not sure if Tyler Perry is that lowbrow to rip-off Larry The Cable Guy, I think it's more of a rip-off of 1985 Best Picture nominee Witness starring Harrison Ford and Kelly McGillis.
 Post Reply Post Reply