Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO. FORUMS & POLLS on 2012 RAZZIE® Choices... > PIRANHA 3-DD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Member Discussion of PIRNAHA 3DD

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Member Discussion of PIRNAHA 3DD
    Posted: May 28 2012 at 10:52am
WE NOTICED THAT, ACCORDING to ITs OFFICIAL SITE, THIS MOVIE WAS MADE AVAILABLE BOTH "IN THEATRES" and "ON DEMAND" the BERRY SAME DAY. THAT WAS NOT a GOOD SIGN in TERMS of the STUDIO's FAITH in the FILM -- BUT GAVE IT a DECIDED LEG UP CONCERNING ITS RAZZIE® PROSPECTS!  

FEEL FREE to POST YER THOUGHTS/OPINIONS BELOW -- and to USE THIS LINK to CHECK OUT Ye Olde Head RAZZberry's FOTO FUNNY on THIS ONE...  

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2012 at 11:13am
I didn't like the first movie. I know why everyone else did, but it just didn't scare or amuse me like it should have. I gave it 4/10.

The only actors returning are Ving Rhames, who was nominated for the Vits Awards for Worst Movie Actor for the first movie*, HUMAN GIANT's Paul Scheer and Christopher Lloyd. There's also David HasselhoffDavid Koechner, FRIDAY THE 13TH's Danielle Panabaker, SHARK NIGHT and THE SECRET CIRCLE's Chris Zylka**, L.O.L.'s Jean-Luc Bilodeau***, AMERICAN REUNION and 30 ROCK's Katrina Bowden, and Gary Busey. Also, the script writers wrote the latter SAW sequels.

*It was also nominated in the same category for Adam Scott, and for Worst Movie Effects.
**Anyone else glad it was cancelled? Yes, it was starting to get better towards the end, but it took too long.
***It's currently #21 on IMDB's Bottom 100!
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2012 at 4:18pm
See? So are you sure you guys don't want to bend the rules just a little so as to allow LOL some Razzie-ness? Anyways, back on topic...  

Even though it is one of those movies that is SUPPOSED to be bad, it doesn't look like it's much.... what's the word I'm looking for? Oh yeah, FUN! It just looks dull, and even the bad lines seem to be delivered horribly -- Though, that is based on seeing the trailer.  

One question Headrazz: If we were to consider atleast one person to be nominated for this movie acting-wise, who would it be? A part of me says Hasselhoff, even though BEING BAD is pretty much his career now.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: I'd say, if anything from this movie were to make it onto our Nominating Ballot, it'd most likely be either Gary Busey or Mr. Hasselhoff (though, as Oiram sez, it's not like anyone should be surprised if Hasselhoff sux)...  

P.S. Oops! Almost forgot to address Oiram's inquiry about "bending the rules" -- PIRANHA 3DD is actually booked to play in theatres here in LA starting this Friday, so no rules would need to be "bent" for it to legitimately qualify as a RAZZIE® Contender. Miley Cyrus and Demi Moore in LOL, on the other hand, was only regionally released in a handful of theatres (none in NYC or LA) and all but went Direct-to-DVD, so it technically still does not qualify...  

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2012 at 1:35pm
Don't worry so much about it, Oiram. 90% of the movies on IMDB's Bottom 100 didn't received Razzie nominations. Actually, the fact that they're on that list means nobody even remembers them. Also, I'm sure some of the 1 star votes on "L.O.L." were out of hate for Miley rather than the movie. There's no way enough people have seen the movie, with its limited release.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2012 at 1:45pm
I enjoyed PIRANHA 3-D for what it was: A silly, super-gorey, and nudity-filled piece of cheese.  

I wonder if Oscar nominee Gary Busey* will find himself on the ballot like HeadRazz said might happen.

I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2012 at 11:46am
In the past few days, the numbers at R.T. have been going up from 10 to 20%, while SNOW WHITE's numbers have been going down from 80 to 50%. Is that enough to give it a forum yet?
jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2012 at 3:41pm
Vits: If its Tomatometer goes under 50%, then I'll kindly ask HeadRAZZ to give it a forum.

UPDATE: Currently at 58% on R.T. based on 23 reviews.
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2012 at 8:13am
So somebody is doing an homage to Russ Meyer...
GIVE KIRK CAMERON THE RAZZING HE DESERVES!!!!!!
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2012 at 5:38pm
R.T. (around 15%): "It strains to up the gore and self-awareness of it predecessor, and despite some game celebrity cameos, the result is a dispiriting echo of 2010's Horror-Comedy". I'm not really sure of what it means... but I guess it's bad.
mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2012 at 11:48am
The movie starts with two men walking around in water. Gary Busey is one of them, but it could have been anybody playing that role. First I thought they were fishermen, but turns out they are out to find a dead cow floating in the dark waters. They finally find it. They see the belly move, one of them slowly carefully touches it, and a giant fart comes out. Immediately after a scene is shown where some round thing pops out of a slit in the bloated body, I couldn't figure if it was an eye followed by a fish egg or eggs coming out of its asshole or whatever. However, the guys wanna check it out and switch on a lighter, and the cow bursts apart in a giant explosion, simular to a gas station's, and it rains little Piranhas. The movie goes downhill from there. The scene with the sinkin car was performed badly, and the scene where the the two girls are unable to run over a jetty is so annoying that you feel happy when they finally fall into the water.
Inbetween the protagonist tries to warn people, but isn't going anywhere with them, same old like in all movies of this kind.
For five minutes people are staying IN the water surrounded by Piranhas, screaming and waiving their arms while being eaten up, hardly anybody tries to get out, which looks staged and ridiciulous. David Hasselhoff's scene was totally unnecessary, even though his line "f**k, I'm getting old" after running five yards was funny.

Some of the mutilated bodies actually looked pretty good and real, but too many times the Piranhas looked too fake, and one of the worst things about the movie is the loud, roaring, growling noise they make everytime they show up.
Overall way more annoying than enjoyable and absolutely brainless with mainly unfunny jokes.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2012 at 3:17pm
Do you think it should be nominated for something?
mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2012 at 11:45pm
It's definitely in my personal top three worst movies of the year so far, but to tell you the truth, I think there are literally bigger fish to fry. Pun intended.
I'll do a review of What to expect tomorrow or so, that deserves more attention.
Piranha 3DD is basically pushing all the clichč buttons with no story and dumbfunny jokes, and can easily be ignored, especially since nobody has seen it anyway.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2012 at 12:18pm
That's how things work here. If a member watches a movie in discussion, and feels it should be nominated, he/she "recommends" it for others to see it and vote too. I was going to see it anyway, but after reading your comments, I'm more eager.
mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2012 at 11:02am
I meant being ignored as actual Worst Movie of the year, and that the general public hasn't seen it.
David Hasselhoff probably welcomes any kind of attention for anything at this point, so it's more of a punishment for him to be ignored.
SchumacherH8ter took it for what it is and enjoyed it, I didn't, so that's great you are more eager to watch it now. Nothing better than being excited about a movie. People need to make up their own minds.
And definitely let me know what you thought about the ending.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2012 at 12:02pm
No, I'm more eager to see it, knowing it's gonna be bad.
mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2012 at 12:31pm
It's stupid sh*t.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>