Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO. FORUMS & POLLS on 2012 RAZZIE® Choices... > PIRANHA 3-DD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Member Discussion of PIRNAHA 3DD

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Member Discussion of PIRNAHA 3DD
    Posted: July 28 2013 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by mbh

And definitely let me know what you thought about the ending.

They were trying to do the same type of ending as the 1st movie, but instead of scary and darkly funny irony, it was barely funny shock value with no sense of closure. After that, we got 10-15 minutes of bloopers to stretch it to 80 minutes long.  

I think should've also been nominated for Worst Picture. 

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2013 at 9:49pm
As mentioned on the last page, I enjoyed Piranha 3D. Sure, it was stupid, but it was funny stupid. It's one of the few intentionallt stupid movies that I enjoyed. Piranha 3DD, on the other hand, is a God awful piece of crap.

The best performance in the film comes from David Hasslehoff, who got an undeserved Razzie nomination for this. In one of the few funny scenes, he points out how stupid the victims in the film are for not trying to get out of the water. And the end credit scene with him was amusing.

The fact that Hasslehoff gives the best performance in the film should tell you about the quality of the acting. Gary Busey has an unfunny cameo at the beginning as a fisherman that gets eaten by piranhas that come out of a dead horse's ass. David Koechner is annoying as a sleazy water-park owner. Danielle Panabaker is unbearably boring as the lead actress. The special effects are worse than the last one.

John Gulager's direction is bad. Granted, this one is better than his first film Feast (you could barely see a damn thing in that film), but that's not saying much. However, the biggest failing of the film is the script. Specifically, the film reliance on potty and gross-out humor. The only real gross-out scene from the original was Jerry O'Connell's character's wiener being ripped-off and puked up. But, the filmmakers didn't come up with that scene; it was all Jerry O'Connell's idea. See, O'Connell, like any sane person, hates Joe Francis with a passion and demanded that he be given the most embarassing death. This one, on the other hand, has a lot more gross-out humor than it should. I already mentioned the horse scene with Busey, but there's a stupid scene involving a baby piranha in a va-jay-jay that's so gross I won't go into it.

Maybe the reason I liked the original Piranha 3D so much was because of the lovely Kelly Brook. Grade: D+

Next-up: Maximum Overdrive!
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12