Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > Forum Discussion & Add'l Info on PRIEST
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Member Discussion of PRIEST

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Member Discussion of PRIEST
    Posted: May 19 2011 at 8:36pm
Maybe he has a secret cult following that now unleashes his illogical posts for him?!
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
Mayhem5185 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mayhem5185 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2011 at 12:11am
Okay I really must have the power LOL, cause no sooner do I say that and... guess who"s come back to our Forum! 

I don't have pet peeves, I have major psychotic f**king hatreds! George Carlin
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2011 at 5:39am
You just had to say his name, didn't you!  

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
Mayhem5185 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mayhem5185 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2011 at 3:11pm
I thought just saying gee-wiz was safe lol
I don't have pet peeves, I have major psychotic f**king hatreds! George Carlin
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2011 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by Mayhem5185

I thought just saying gee-wiz was safe lol
Sadly, you thought wrong. Apparently your magic works even if you use a parody version of the missing poster's name.
Alex View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2011 at 7:34am
Well,

yesterday night I considered watching Priest, but turned it down.

So what do you think, is it after all a thrilling, exciting movie or just a
stringing of special effects?

Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2011 at 7:42am
Alex, It's bad but hilariously bad. You know the kind of ridiculous movie that is worth watching with a friend while doing an MST3K-like commentary....
Alex View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2011 at 4:56am
Originally posted by Vheid

Alex, It's bad but hilariously bad. You know the kind of ridiculous movie that is worth watching with a friend while doing an MST3K-like commentary....

Thanks Vheid for your opinion.

By the way, what is the meaning of MST3K?
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2011 at 5:40am
Alex, I meant Mystery Science Theater 3000, It was a show in the 1990's were they would show bad old movies and point out all the flaws and unintentional funny moments. There are a lot of clips from the show on youtube...
Alex View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2011 at 5:56am
Thanks, 

Now I do understand exactly what kind of movie Priest is.  

I am from Germany -- That's why that term was new to me.

Have a nice day Vhied!

Best regards,

Alex
dannyworthz View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote dannyworthz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2011 at 6:32pm
He is a powerful priest and at the same time a good father for he saved his daughter from the vampire.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2011 at 7:54am
Although several have said that Priest is hilariously bad, I thought it was very boring.

The good:

Karl Urban: Urban has a thankless role as the vampire leader that he does the best with.

Maggie Q: Her performance is a bit meh, but, compared to some of the other performances in her, she good. It helps that she's hot.

Some of the vampire scenes are funny. The special effects are so bad, that the vampires are rendered hilarious.

The bad:

The special effects: I mentioned that the effects makes the vampires funny, but most of the time, they're a hindrance.

Paul Bettany: Bettany's been on a religious role streak. Much like Legion, he falls flat. Maybe he's doing these roles to make-up for church-defaming movies like Creation and The Da Vinci Code.

Scott Stewart: Stewart's the same thin-skull who directed Legion. The same flaws that sunk Legion sink Priest. Stewart used to be special effects guy like Joe Johnston, but Johnston has made a couple good movies like October Sky and this year's Captain America.

The ugly:

Cam Gigandet: He's been in 9 movies and only one of them (Easy A) hasn't sucked. He was on the Razzie ballot last year for Burlesque and he should have more nods.

The cliche storm: Seriously, this movie is so predictable. You'll see Lily Collins being Paul Bettany's daughter and Karl Urban being Bettany's brother from the start. I, almost, didn't spoil that because it's so predictable.

Why was Christopher Plummers in this?: It's not his worst movie (Alexander, Cold Creek Manor, and Rock-A-Doodle are worse) but it still seems odd that he would be in this movie.

Wow, what a boring movie. Yesterday was not a good day for me renting movies. This, Hoodwinked Too, Mars Needs Moms. Hopefully, the other two movies I rented (The Conspirater, Limitless) will be good. Grade: D+

Next-up: Hall Pass!
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2011 at 10:58am
Maybe Plummer owed Bettany a favor (they also worked together on A BEAUTIFUL MIND)?    

Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

Why was Christopher Plummers in this?
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Film Reel Redemption View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Film Reel Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2011 at 12:10pm

But then again, Plummer also has 'Beginners' this year, for which he is being touted as an Oscar contender, to help him forget he was in 'Priest'...

You see in this filmmaking world there's two types of people my friend. Those with the knowledge of film and those who think they do but really don't.
SuperTeenTopia View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SuperTeenTopia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2011 at 2:09pm
I love Maggie Q, but after seeing the trainwreck that was "The King of Fighters," I'm very concerned about renting this -- and the review above seems to confirm my fears!
"People say 'It's all about the story’. When you're making tentpole films, bull$hit." -Andy Hendrickson (Disney Animation Studios' Chief Technical Officer)
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2011 at 4:21pm
I just saw it.

HeadRAZZ barely writes his comments on movies,so I try to pay attention to them.A few days ago,I read what he thought of IN THE NAME OF THE KING,and it fits perfectly with how I felt about the writing and editing in this movie:
Originally posted by HeadRAZZBerry

Uwe Boll doesn't know how to establish time, place or character, each of which is essential to understanding what's going on in a movie.
Among the few critics that liked it because it was stylish...I didn't see anything I haven't seen in other post-apocalyptical movies.Not to mention the unoriginal music.And SchumacherH8ter's right:it was boring.Granted,it gets genuinely thrilling during the last 15 minutes...but is it worth it?

Cam Gigandet is even worse than in THE ROOMMATE.And if Christopher Plummer's* role had been bigger,he would've been in the same level,but he ended up just bad.Maggie Q and Karl Urban are passable.But Lily Collins is so over-the-top.And so is Paul Bettany.And he's inconsistent.I mean,if an actor gets a bad-written character it's the writer's fault.But,since they have to try to improve it even a little bit,it's also his fault because during PRIEST's "emotional" outbursts it didn't feel as if it was the same character.

Critics Brett Erlich and Ellen Fox had a good point:"In this world they have motorcycles that run so fast but they don't have bombs that can blow up a vampire's house?" "Yeah.Enough with the motorcycles in post-apocalyptic movies!What do these things run on anyway?!".And my fav. review was Widgett Walls's review from needcoffe.com:"GOLLUM on crystal meth".

I give this 1/10(could've been 0).

*Am I the only one who thought he looked like the EMPEROR dressed as the queen in STAR WARS?
Originally posted by HeadRAZZberry

"In the name of my father, this gun and you -- Who 
are about to become a ghost!" 
WTF?!That actually would've been a cool quote!
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12