Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO. FORUMS & POLLS on 2012 RAZZIE® Choices... > THE OOGIELOVES IN BIG BALLOON ADVENTURE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Member Discussion of PUKIELOVES

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Member Discussion of PUKIELOVES
    Posted: August 29 2012 at 10:08am
THE ULTIMATE in PRE-FAB, BRAIN-NUMBING CHILDREN's "ENTERTAINMENT," OOGIELOVES IN BIG BALLOON ADVENTURE LOOKS, at FIRST SIGHT, to BE BASED on an ESTABLISHED KIDDY-TV FRANCHISE and/or a TRULY HIDEOUS TOY-LINE...  

BUT, NO!  

IT/THEY WAS/WERE ACTUALLY "CREATED" SPECIFICALLY for THIS FILM (WHICH WHEN TEST-SCREENED UPON COMPLETION in 2009, APPARENTLY WENT OVER SO WELL IT WAS HIDDEN in the CINEMATIC EQUIVALENT of a CLOSET for THREE YEARS). WOULD THAT THIS FILM COULD BE SHOVED BACK INTO THAT CLOSET...and the CLOSET ITSELF THEN BE SEALED FOREVER with BRICK-and-MORTAR!   

FEATURING EITHER the FACES or VOICES of SEVERAL WELL-KNOWN, ONCE REPUTABLE ACTORS (CHECK OUT OUR FOTO FUNNY to SEE the MOST EMBARRASSING of THEM ALL)  OOGIELOVES PERSONIFIES WHAT's WRONG with CORPORATE AMERICA CONTROLLING WHAT OUR CHILDREN SEE and HEAR: THE AVERAGE 4-YEAR-OLD COULD COME UP with a MORE COMPELLING CONCEPT -- and ONE LESS LIKELY to REQUIRE BARF BAGS BE PROVIDED at the CINEPLEX DOOR. 

BUT DON'T LET OUR OPINION SWAY YOU -- USE THIS LINK to SEE the TRAILER for OOGIELOVES and, AFTER FINDING a PAPER BAG of YOUR OWN INTO WHICH to DO a "TECHNICOLOR YAWN," GO AHEAD and EXPRESS YOUR OPINION BELOW... 

AND WHILE WE'RE on the SUBJECT, the TITLE ALONE STRIKES US as VOMITOUSLY CUTE!!  

P.S. THANX to FORUM POSTER OIRAM for FIRST BRINGING THIS ONE to OUR ATTENTION... 

WELL, MAYBE NOT THANKS EXACTLY, BUT...YOU GET the IDEA... 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2012 at 11:56am
You're welcome! 

Yeah, has Cloris Leachman been in ANY good movie in the past few decades? Heck, she was in Scary Movie 4 of all things. Maybe she should just return that Oscar...  

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2012 at 12:05pm
I'm glad I saw the trailer after your warning that this is one of those extremely cheesy movies aimed at kids because apparently its makers think kids are dumb. I could barely get through it without vomiting on the screen. But now I must ask: What is this movie about?! Whatever an OOGIELOVE is, I don't understand -- what will they show them doing? It seems like it's actually going to use the TELETUBBIES formula of the characters going from one random situation to another, singing in between?Ummm... that's not a movie -- it was a TV show!
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2012 at 12:37pm
Apparantly, this is about a search for balloons. As far as I can tell, that's the whole plot.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Transcendence
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2012 at 4:27pm
Actually, it was both oiram and I who brought this to your attention. Last week, I introduced it, albeit vaguely, as a "musical for 1 year olds". I mentioned it would be this week's widest Wednesday release, then oiram convinced you to make an official forum for it.

Though the reviews are surprisingly kind, it failed miserably with everyone else who happened to see it (a measly 25% of the audience approved of it!) I'm sure that once those few breeders who took their 2011s and 2012s to see it are through with it, the rest of the critics can go to town on this tattered fluff toy! Pardon my bluntness, but my anti-fertility attitudes well up when sugary babies' films rear their ugly heads our way!

My only question now is: Is there ANY way on Earth we can get through to Hollywood and prove our kodomo under 5 are NOT these total sugar-slamming dumba****?!

I've had people tell me I looked like I was as young as 14 years old despite turning 22 in a week (College students say I look as young as 33% my own junior!). For or against your intuitions, I feel tightly entitled to my opinion: I of all people have every right to be offended at this film! Even wimps have to have some standards; Butters Stotch, who played Hello Kitty Island Adventure instead of World of Warcraft, would likely say The Oogieloves is waaay to sugary and wimpy for him!
Possible Unofficial Forums, given <35% approval: Ags. 29; As Above, So Below
Grounder the Critic View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grounder the Critic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2012 at 4:54pm

I thought MW10T was joking. And I saw a poster of the Pukielovers not too long ago.
Pictures move, do they?
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2012 at 5:04pm
I'm counting myself lucky that it took me until circa Ags. 17 through Ags. 23 (can't remember what day, only that it was about a week ago), that I saw a poster in a local mall!

One more question: How does this compare, in both bad film making, and sugary wimpiness, to Barney's Great Adventure, a 1998 RAZZIE nominee?

EDIT: Fine, oiram! I won't use "RAZZIE classic" anymore!  Sor-RY for overcrediting it! I just wanted an answer: Is this worse than Barney's Great Adventure?!
Possible Unofficial Forums, given <35% approval: Ags. 29; As Above, So Below
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2012 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by GTAHater767

Actually, it was both oiram and I who brought this to your attention. Last week, I introduced it, albeit vaguely, as a "musical for 1 year olds". I mentioned it would be this week's widest Wednesday release, then oiram convinced you to make an official forum for it.
Vheid mentioned the movie too.

One more question: How does this compare, in both bad film making, and sugary wimpiness, to Barney's Great Adventure, a 1998 RAZZIE nominee?

Fixed. Calling that film a "classic" is WAY too much credit
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2012 at 6:53pm

This absolutely bombed! It ranked 17th -- more people saw Ice Age 4 yesterday. LINK...

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2012 at 7:24pm
BARNEY got a 25% at R.T., while this one gets 40%: "Although it may serve as a passing diversion for very young viewers, it fails to offer much more than several brightly colored examples of the worst stereotypes of modern children's entertainment."  

One more question: How does this compare, in both bad film making, and sugary wimpiness, to Barney's Great Adventure, a 1998 RAZZIE nominee?

EDIT: Fine, oiram! I won't use "RAZZIE classic" anymore!  Sor-RY for overcrediting it! I just wanted an answer: Is this worse than Barney's Great Adventure?!
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2012 at 3:08am
Whoa man. I did not mean to offend you. I'm sorry -- I just really hate Barney's Great Adventure.

Fine, Oiram! I won't use "RAZZIE classic" anymore!  Sor-RY for overcrediting it! I just wanted an answer: Is this worse than Barney's Great Adventure?!

JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2012 at 1:02pm
It's in contention (with THE KID AND I) for Worst "Wide" Opening Ever!  LINK

2014 Pic: LEGEND OF HERCULES! Actor: Aaron Echkardt, Director: Renny Harlin, Remake: Transcendence
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2012 at 2:10pm
Now it's down to below 35% at RT, and I expect it'll stay there.
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2012 at 8:11pm
This really bombed at the box office this past weekend, only making 3% of its $20M budget back after five days.  In honor of its demise, here are my Top 5 Worst Children's Movies of All Time:

5. The Garbage Pail Kids Movie - Some animated characters should not be made into live action.  Case in point: these trading card characters/Cabbage Patch Kids knockoffs.  They look absolutely hideous in this movie.

4. Zoom - Cashing in on the recent successes of "The Incredibles" and "Sky High", this movie tried hard to continue the trend of superhuman kids/families.  It failed.

3. North - Infamously being named the Worst Movie of 1994 by both Gene Siskel and Roger Ebert, this movie puts kids in the limelight and bashes parents to the point of ridiculousness.  Furthermore, it made less than 20% of its $40M budget back in its entire run.

2. Mac and Me - When you choose to imitate a successful film like "E.T.: The Extra Terrestrial", don't expect to get good results.  This film made less than half its budget back and it was criticized for being a cheap imitation of "E.T.: The Extra Terrestrial".

1. Baby Geniuses (I and II) - In the early 90s, the TV series "Rugrats" introduced us to the concept of intelligent babies getting into mischief.  These two movies blew that concept out of proportion not only by making the babies too intelligent, but also by making them do things considered ridiculously impossible for normal babies to do.  I imagine most of the DVD copies of these two movies probably ended up in bargain bins (or diaper pails).  

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2012 at 7:15am
No The Cat In The Hat or Son Of The Mask?
Grounder the Critic View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grounder the Critic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2012 at 8:33am
I was thinking the same.
Pictures move, do they?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>