Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO. FORUMS & POLLS on 2012 RAZZIE® Choices... > THE OOGIELOVES IN BIG BALLOON ADVENTURE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Member Discussion of PUKIELOVES

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Member Discussion of PUKIELOVES
    Posted: September 03 2012 at 8:44am
UPDATE from Head RAZZberry: As I posted yesterday on the B.O. MoJo #s page for this film, OOGIELOVES is now rated the #1 LOWEST Wide Opening Gross of All Time (LINK) with a Per Screen Average of just $207(!) -- Meaning that, where the box office element of qualifying as a RAZZIE® Contender is concerned, this one ranks above/below GIGLI!!  
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2012 at 10:03am
Originally posted by MiguelAntilsu

In honor of its demise, here are my Top 5 Worst Children's Movies of All Time

Here are mine (excluding Animated Movies and movies that mix animation with live-action):

5) ARE WE DONE YET?
4) Tie between SNOW DAY and SON OF THE MASK
3) Tie between SEE SPOT RUN and THE SPY NEXT DOOR.
2) ZOOKEEPER.
1) BABY GENIUSES (I still haven't seen the sequel).

*A review for this is in line.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2012 at 10:49am
I may need to edit the countdown because "The Cat in the Hat" and "Son of the Mask" are also pretty infamous children's movies.  

"The Cat in the Hat" was so inappropriate that it prompted the widow Seuss to ban live action film adaptations of Dr. Seuss's works.

In "Son of the Mask", Jamie Kennedy impregnates his wife while wearing the Mask.  As a result, the baby has the same powers as the Mask.  This was an opening for a lot of disgusting jokes.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2012 at 2:07pm
Kenn Viselman, creator of the characters, said he's happy that the movie is a flop, because it gives it notoriety. He thinks it will help with the DVD sales. Sounds like this was his plan all along. Yeah, right.

Although a lot of people watch flops out of morbid curiosity, those tend to be film fans, not parents who want their kids to be entertained busy while they rest. I think that the number of DVD sales won't be affected. If it's a home video hit, it will be a coincidence, and it will mean it would've been a hit no matter what.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2012 at 2:55pm
Here's a LINK to read an incredibly funny story about this movie's amazingly bad box office numbers...

I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2012 at 3:20pm
Actually, based on the trailer, this seems to be more intelligent that Teletubbies, but worse than Doogal.  This could be this year's Bucky Larson , and pile on the Razzie noms for Most Hideous Low Budget/Zero Box Office Release.

Speaking of zero box office, to cap off the discussion of its dismal box office "record", for some reason someone allowed this movie to play for 23 days, and it somehow managed to cough up just over $1 million.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Only problem w/your theory: OOGIELOVES wasn't exactly "low budget," with a production cost of about $20 million and a marketing budget of several million more. As an lifelong loather of lousy "Kiddie Movies," I do hope this gets a nod or two... 

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2013 at 8:39pm
Time to review the second worst kids movie ever. Second only the horrific Superbabes, The Oogieloves is one of the most insultingly dumb movies ever. Since this movie's so bad and audience-insulting, it's worthy of a 9 worst things review.

9.) J. Edgar: J. Edgar is a talking vacuum cleaner (get it?) who has some of the most annoying lines in the movie. However, he's responsible for the only kind-of funny joke in the film.* This is why he's only 9.

8.) Chazz Palminteri: Chazz plays Marvin Milkshake, a kind-hearted man who runs a milkshake shop. I have to wonder how much money he owed to loansharks to make him appear in this sh*t-pile.

7.) Christopher Lloyd and Jaime Pressly: Lloyd and Pressly's prescence in the film is unintentionally hilarious for two different reasons. They play Hispanic father and daughter flamenco dancing duo, Lero and Lola Sombrero. Lloyd's because the makers slather him in brownface and his dancing scenes are sped up to make it look like he's actually dancing. Pressly because she appears in Playboy all the time and this is supposed to be a children's film.

6.) Toofie's pants: There's an absolutely dumb running gag were Toofie's (the purple Oogielove) pants falling down. The audience is supposed to shout "Goofy Toofie, pull up your pants!" after this happens. It's unfunny the first time, and it only gets worse over the course of the film.

5.) Cary Elwes: Elwes plays Bobby Wobbly, a cowboy with a poffin for a sidekick and non of that sentence was made up. He's supposed to be warm and reasuring, but he looks disturbingly a lot like Robert Blake in Lost Highway. It's creepy. Almost as creepy as...

4.) Cloris Leachman: In the same vein, Leachman is supposed to come of as warm and grandmotherly. Instead, she looks more like Joan Crawford's corpse.

3.) The songs: Like most awful kiddie films, there's godawful songs in here. The kids in the audience are supposed to sing along, but, for some reason, only a few songs have the lyrics with them. So, the kids are supposed to sing to a song they don't know the words to.

2.) Schluufy: Schluufy is a sentient pillow that sleeps 23-hours a day and his dialogue is nothing but giberish. He's the main thrust of the film, as the balloons that the Oogieloves collect are for his birthday. Why a pillow that can't speak intelligently and sleeps most of the day would require a birthday party is not answered. As annoying as he is, I did have some fun coming up with theories for why he acts so weird. Some of them include: he's currently on a really bad trip, his pillow mother drank a lot when she was prenant with him, but my personal favorite theory was that he had a stroke years ago and his giberish is a cry for help. I imagined that he was actually saying things like: "Why haven't you taken my to the hospital yet?" "My stroke happened seven years ago!", and "Someone smother me with myself!!" This movie is so boring that if they didn't take that deranged little detour, I'd go into a boredom induced coma.

1.) Kenn Viselman: Matthew Diamond may be listed as the director, but it's obvious that Viselman is the person truely responsible for this mess. He came up with the idea, plastered his name all over the advertising, and he wasn't born with the second "n" in his first name.

I voted for this for Worst Picture. Grade: Rotten Asshole.

Next-up: The 9 worst things about Heaven's Gate!!

*In the one funny part, the Oogieloves are about to eat ice cream and wonder if J. Edgar would be angry. They then show him watching them getting angry over it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2013 at 10:07am
Great review! Is there a particular reason why the 3 main characters didn't make it on your list?
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2013 at 10:12am
The Oogieloves themselves are one of the lesser problems in the film. The only really annoying thing is Toofie's pants and that was annoying enough to merit its own spot. Also, I couldn't think of anything really funny to say about them.
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2013 at 6:40pm
If one of those nine problems with Heaven's Gate is Jeff Bridges, I'm going to set your house on fire!

Just kidding, but serious, The Dude can't be that bad.

Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

The Oogieloves themselves are one of the lesser problems in the film. The only really annoying thing is Toofie's pants and that was annoying enough to merit its own spot. Also, I couldn't think of anything really funny to say about them.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2013 at 10:32pm
Not to spoil anything, but Bridges is one of few things I actually liked about the film.
Grounder the Critic View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grounder the Critic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2013 at 4:47pm
Oh, SchumacherH8ter, your reviews made me laugh and wanna avoid the films. But, yeah, I even thought about giving you the link to He11sing920's review.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJIjR1mApD0
Pictures move, do they?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12