Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO. FORUMS & POLLS on 2012 RAZZIE® Choices... > RESIDENT EVIL 5: RETRIBUTION
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Member DISCUSSION of RESILIENT EVIL #5

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Member DISCUSSION of RESILIENT EVIL #5
    Posted: September 11 2012 at 11:36am
OKAY, LET's DO THIS ONE SHORT and SWEET:

WHY EVEN BOTHER DOING a FIFTH INSTALLMENT to a MOVIE FRANCHISE ONLY 117 PEOPLE (AND ALMOST NO FILM CRITICS) EVER CARED FOR IN the FIRST PLACE??  

TO CHECK OUT the FOTO FUNNY on THIS FILM, CLICK HERE...  

FOR MORE INFO on the FILM (IMDb PAGE, OFFICIAL SITE, REVIEWS and CETERA) CLICK HERE... 

NOW, LOAD UP YER FUTURISTIC/VIDEO-GAME WEAPONS...

...and BLAST AWAY!! 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2012 at 4:29pm
I wish this film's makers had decided to be "short and sweet" 10 years ago. The 1st RESIDENT EVIL had a "small movie" charm. I'm not talking about the budget, but how it was a simple story that took place in a specific place, and its goal was just to entertain. When I catch it on TV, it brings me back to that time period (2000-02) where a lot of movies (of different genres) had that same charm.

Now it's become a franchise, even though nobody seems to want another one (I have friends who are fans of the video-games who would back me up). At least in SAW* there was an idea of a goal: wanting to see the police arrest JIGSAW and his pupils. But after APOCALYPSE, the world is no longer in danger because the virus has already infected most of the population. EXTINCTION and AFTERLIFE just showed ALICE and co. trying to survive in this new infected world... which was boring!

*I feel that this franchise will have the same destiny: it won't be nominated until the final installment.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2012 at 6:08pm
Yeah, this deserves Razzie attention, and I really hope that THIS TIME Paul WS Anderson doesn't get snubbed for Worst Director again. I CAN DREAM, DANGIT!!! XD

Also, wanna ask. Is Stolen also being considered? That's the movie with Nicolas Cage directed by the same guy who directed Expendables 2 that seems to be ripping-off Taken.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2012 at 7:54pm
Seems as usual, this isn't being pre-screened for critics.
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2012 at 9:27am
Originally posted by jesse685

Seems as usual, this isn't being pre-screened for critics.
Reviews here have mostly negative (duh!). A friend who liked the first one went to see it in 3D, and even he said it sucked. He was also angry that the ending was open for another installment.
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2012 at 3:30pm
I'm really not looking forward to having to watch this year's list of nomineesDead
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2012 at 5:19pm
My dad wants to see this. I'll probably see this with him during the weekend.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2012 at 5:53pm
These are probably the only positive things that will ever be said about the movies. Sorry to those who are fans of the games, but I completely agree with it.
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2012 at 10:37pm
Can someone tell me why there are 5 RE movies already? I haven't seen #4, but what is taking Alice so damn long to kill zombies and crush the Umbrella corporation? Do these films ever end in a concrete resolution, or is there always an opened ending for a sequel? However, I must say the trailer intrigued me a lot (the one that starts off like a rom-com and turns out to be a RE movie).
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2012 at 11:15pm
To moviewizguy: I heard a rumor that the 6th one is planned to be the last. Even then, one who avoided these films at all costs can't predict if Milla will even succeed.

On topic: If this dodges any 2012 RAZZIE nominations, I'll be fine... for a while. That neutrality will end if the unknown 6th Resident Evil film either gets exonerated in the reviews or dodges RAZZIE nominations as well. But I doubt that'll happen until September of 2014.

The only thing more regrettable? Some people believe the Resident Evil series of videogames is drawing further past its prime. Screwattack.com says the 10th worst mistake made by Capcom up to this month is supplanting too many of the horror elements with action!
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2012 at 8:05am
I've had a lot of disagreements with ScrewAttack in the past, but they're right about Capcom's decision to add too much action. Resident Evil 6 (the video game) looks bad. That being said, Resident Evil 4 is still one of my all time favorite games.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2012 at 4:28pm
The virus has gone global. Could you kill 6 billion zombies in just 4 movies?  
Originally posted by moviewizguy

Can someone tell me why there are 5 RE movies already? I haven't seen #4, but what is taking Alice so damn long to kill zombies and crush the Umbrella corporation?
They usually have those endings where everything seems OK... and then something bad happens leaving things open for another sequel.

Do these films ever end in a concrete resolution, or is there always an opened ending for a sequel?
jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2012 at 10:39pm
Why is this? Is it because it looks more like a Michael Bay film rather than a true survival-horror game?

Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

Resident Evil 6 (the video game) looks bad. That being said, Resident Evil 4 is still one of my all time favorite games.

"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2012 at 8:51am
Actually, I think it's more like the RE movies than a Michael Bay movie. And that's why I think it's gonna suck.
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2012 at 12:42pm
I thought each film had already "gone global." How much more global can you go?!
Originally posted by Vits

The virus has gone global. Could you kill 6 billion zombies in just 4 movies?  

Can someone tell me why there are 5 RE movies already? I haven't seen #4, but what is taking Alice so damn long to kill zombies and crush the Umbrella corporation?
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2012 at 1:08pm
No, in the 1st one the virus was still inside Umbrella. In the 2nd one, it broke out but only affected the city. It was in the 3rd one where it went global. And if I remember correctly, UMBRELLA seems to have a lot of people working there and "offices" all over the country or even the world. And when I see this, I'll know why at the end of the 4th one we see JILL VALENTINE working for UMBRELLA. Wait. Why do I know all this?!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>