Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > Member Forum & Add'l INFO on SHARK NIGHT 3-D
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

MEMBER DISCUSSION of SHARK NIGHT 3-D

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MEMBER DISCUSSION of SHARK NIGHT 3-D
    Posted: September 01 2011 at 11:05am
LIKE MANY a FILM CRITIC, MANY of YOU MAY ALREADY HAVE HORRIBLE PUNS LINED UP to SLAM SHARK NIGHT 3-D -- LIKE "BLOODY AWFUL!"  "THIS BITES!" and CETERA. 

IF SO, HERE's WHERE to SHARE 'EM. 

AND HERE's the LINK to READ YE OLDE HEAD RAZZBERRY's TAKE on THIS THOROUGHLY UN-ORIGINAL MOVIE...  

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Film Reel Redemption View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Film Reel Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2011 at 11:49am
All I can say is this movie will NOT be 'Jaw-some' in any way. 

Seriously, has Hollywood forgotten that all important rule about horror movies: Sluts plus robbing the local blood bank (over-using blood and gore) does NOT equal good quality horror...  

You see in this filmmaking world there's two types of people my friend. Those with the knowledge of film and those who think they do but really don't.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2011 at 12:00pm
Actually, FRR I don't think there's going to be mutch blood and gore because it's rated PG-13. Another rule of thumb: If your horror movie is PG-13 and it's not about supernatural horror, it's gonna suck...big time!  
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Transcendence
SuperTeenTopia View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SuperTeenTopia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2011 at 12:09pm
The official title for this movie may be "Shark Night 3-D," but as far as I'm concerned, it's real title (and only selling point) is "Sara Paxton & Katherine McPhee in Bikinis for 90 Minutes."
"People say 'It's all about the story’. When you're making tentpole films, bull$hit." -Andy Hendrickson (Disney Animation Studios' Chief Technical Officer)
Film Reel Redemption View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Film Reel Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2011 at 12:33pm
Good point, SchumacherH8ter -- I forgot to mention that when it comes to horror, never lock it in the same room with a PG-13 certificate (unless provoking fear is it's only goal)... 

Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

Actually, FRR I don't think there's going to be mutch blood and gore because it's rated PG-13. Another rule of thumb: If your horror movie is PG-13 and it's not about supernatural horror, it's gonna suck...big time!  
You see in this filmmaking world there's two types of people my friend. Those with the knowledge of film and those who think they do but really don't.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2011 at 3:02pm
HeadRAZZ: Did you wait until today to make this forum because of how well received PIRANHA 3D was last year?  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Actually, I was just bizzy this week -- I had chosen SHARK NIGHT 3-D well in advance. 

At least PIRNAHA 3-D had a cast of some well-known actors, and openly admitted it was a remake, as opposed to this klunky-looking knock-off of JAWS that puts sharks in a land-locked lake(!) to terrorize its physically well-endowed/intellectually challenged "characters."  

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2011 at 4:22pm
I actually really wanna see this for entertainment purposes.
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2011 at 4:22pm

1) Can sharks scientifically thrive in a land-locked mizuumi (fresh water lake?).

2) How is it a good idea to make a movie about sharks hunting down and eating squibesses* in a lake?

3) If the reviews turn out to be below 10%, who would be the best actor or actress to nominate? Worst Remake or Rip-off is way overcrowded anyway. Come to think of it, this should probably be nominated as a last resort.

*"Squib" is defined as a wizard who can't use magic. In medieval fiction and role-playing, magic takes a lot of intelligence and mental power to use, and most people who can perform magic have small or slim builds. These women appear to be built like sorceresses (if they even have that much tone), but they don't seem near intelligent enough to use magic, so they're squibesses and spearmen with low intelligence.

Only complaint though, was that the advertisements blocked some of your text, so I had to copy and paste your opinion onto a word document.
Possible Unofficial Forums, given <35% approval: Ags. 27; The November Man.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2011 at 5:30pm
When it comes to movies with C and D-listers, unless there's a bad performance that exceeds the standard of the pretty teen that's in a movie for God knows what reason, and it's truly terrible, I think this will only stay in the Worst Ensemble category. Let's face it, a lot of the voters put their eyes on stars, specially the ones that have fallen. 

Originally posted by GTAHater767

If the reviews turn out to be below 10%, who would be the best actor or actress to nominate?

Originally posted by GTAHater767

Worst Remake or Rip-off is way overcrowded anyway.

If that's true, why hasn't that category been split off yet?Each year, we get at least 10 bad remakes and 10 bad sequels. And this year we've been surprised a lot but I still think the spaces for TWO categories can be filled.
SuperTeenTopia View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SuperTeenTopia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2011 at 7:01pm
Translation of MWG's comment: I want to see 90 minutes of this: 

Originally posted by moviewizguy

Come on, admit it, you know it's true! There's a billion other campy shark attack movies to choose from, the above is the only thing that makes this movie stand out ... or should I say, makes other things sit up?  

PS: Now, if you want to spend your time with a truly "so bad, it's good" shark movie, see "Shark Attack 3: Megaladon". Here's a small sample of how awesomely bad it is!  

Need I say more?  
"People say 'It's all about the story’. When you're making tentpole films, bull$hit." -Andy Hendrickson (Disney Animation Studios' Chief Technical Officer)
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2011 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by SuperTeenTopia

Translation of MWG's comment: I want to see 90 minutes of this: 

Originally posted by moviewizguy

Come on, admit it, you know it's true! There's a billion other campy shark attack movies to choose from, the above is the only thing that makes this movie stand out ... or should I say, makes other things sit up?  

PS: Now, if you want to spend your time with a truly "so bad, it's good" shark movie, see "Shark Attack 3: Megaladon". Here's a small sample of how awesomely bad it is!  

Need I say more?  

I actually haven't heard of any other shark movies except for the Jaws series and the one you listed (with Megashark vs. whatever Octopus).
Berrynoia View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Berrynoia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2011 at 11:27pm
I was looking at RottenTomatoes.com and...guess what?  This was NOT SCREENED FOR CRITICS.  Well, no surprise there. They didn't even do the day-before screenings.  

Also, Shark Night 3D has company.  You may have to look into Apollo 18 as well.  Yep, two movies, zero reviews at this point.

Are you sure this is September?  From a movie standpoint, it still feels like August.
orly1971 View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote orly1971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2011 at 5:19am
Shark Night 3-D is like a cheap attempt to rip off the success of Piranha 3-D, minus the boobs and the R rating (and it will probably be released in an "unrated" version on DVD in a couple of months.)
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2011 at 8:25am
Also, Piranha 3-D came out the same week as Vampires Suck.  

Originally posted by Vits

HeadRAZZ: Did you wait until today to make this forum because of how well received PIRANHA 3D was last year?  
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2011 at 9:14am
So?  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: I assume SchumacherH8ter meant that VAMPIRES SUCK, being a Seltzerberg film and eventually a Worst Picture nominee, was the more obvious choice as a Worst of the Weak title. Also, I just went back and checked and, other than promoting the original PIRANHA as a fun "DVD of the Weak" choice, we didn't do much on this Forum about the 2010 remake...  
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2011 at 9:54am
Yes, that's what I meant. I would have explained it, but class was about to begin.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>