Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > Forum Discussion & Add'l Info on SOMETHING BORROWED
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Member Discussion of SOMETHING BORROWED

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Member Discussion of SOMETHING BORROWED
    Posted: May 05 2011 at 8:20am
"BORROW" a POISON PEN and GO to TOWN...  

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Kenjifujima View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Kenjifujima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2011 at 9:44am
This does look pretty awful...and the title inadvertently admitting it's nothing but "borrowed" material may be the only really funny thing about it! 
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2011 at 2:41pm
I wouldn't say Kate Hudson is the worst actress,even if I put ALMOST FAMOUS aside,but she can really screw a movie up.Ginnier Goodwin needs a break.I liked her in BIG LOVE,but all she's gotten is HE'S JUST NOT THAT INTO YOU.I liked that movie(****)and her performance,it's just...only one movie?And it's not like BIG LOVE took a lot of time filming.John Krasinki usually plays the same character and still manages to save himself by being funny.

Luke Greenfield started his career directing THE ANIMAL,but then redeemed himself with THE GIRL NEXT DOOR.Who knows?Maybe he can add something to this movie that can make it good.He has to,since Jennie Snyder usually writes TV shows.Is bad enough there are screenwriters that write like teleplays.As for Emily Giffin...wait!This was based on a novel?!

Hilary Swank produced this.Whenever she produces a good movie,it ends up bombing at the box office.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2011 at 2:57pm
Roger Ebert(**/****):"All of the characters are treated sincerely and played in a straightforward style.It's just that we don't love them enough".

Richard Roeper(C-):"At times it's almost offensively unrealistic".
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2011 at 3:01pm
Didn't Kate Hudson already do this movie and wasn't she nominated for a Razzie for it?  

No, wait, that was MY BEST FRIEND'S GIRL. How did I confuse them? It's not like they have the same premise and most likely will have the same ending...and the same plot!  
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2011 at 5:01pm
Yep, that "something borrowed" would be the plot to every rom-com movie with a love triangle (or in this case, a love rectangle) ever made! Kate Hudson's career continues to to worsen. And to think, she seemed so promising in "Almost Famous"...
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2011 at 5:49pm
R.T.(14%):"In spite of solid performances from Kate Hudson and John Krasinski,the film's an unpleasant misfire that lives down to its title".
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2011 at 6:16pm
Am I the only one that thinks that Almost Famous is a horribly overrated movie filled with flat, unlikable characters? Also, Hudson was way worse than Jessica Alba in The Killer Inside Me.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Film Reel Redemption View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Film Reel Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2011 at 10:43pm

It appears that Kate Hudson must be the female equivalent of Nicolas Cage - starting off so promising only to then screw it up in her later career (just like Cage has done)...

You see in this filmmaking world there's two types of people my friend. Those with the knowledge of film and those who think they do but really don't.
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2011 at 3:04am
Only difference being that Cage actaully WON an Oscar.

Originally posted by Film Reel Redemption

It appears that Kate Hudson must be the female equivalent of Nicolas Cage - starting off so promising only to then screw it up in her later career (just like Cage has done)...

Anyways, there is actually another movie she is in, that is not doing well eitther. It's this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Little_Bit_of_Heaven_(2011_film)

With that in mind, I'm glad they didn't title this Earthbound, because then I would have the taste of the movie in my mouth when I play the game.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2011 at 6:17am
Film Reel, Not really. Nic Cage has had a much longer career (with a lot more diversity in roles) than Kate Hudson has had.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2011 at 8:36am
I'll agree that, for the most part, "Almost Famous" is overrated. It's not that I find the characters unlikable, I just couldn't get into the story. Oh haha, it's a little teenage boy traveling with a '60s (or was it '70s?) band while writing for Rolling Stone, haha. I don't know, I guess I would have had to lived through that time period to get it. But it's still Hudson's best performance ... although that's not saying much. 

As for Kate Hudson vs. Jessica Alba, wow, I don't know about that one. The two of them being in that movie together is the main reason why I refuse to see it.  

Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

Am I the only one that thinks that Almost Famous is a horribly overrated movie filled with flat, unlikable characters? Also, Hudson was way worse than Jessica Alba in The Killer Inside Me.

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2011 at 8:39am
I wouldn't say that "Kate Hudson must be the female equivalent of Nicolas Cage." The movies that Hudson stars in are like Oscar contenders compared to the sh*t that Cage has been starring in for the past few years (and especially this year!). I think the Kardashian Sisters are the female equivalents of Cage -- they will star and appear in anything so their fame will last another 15 minutes! Although, that suggests I'm giving them credit as "actresses," and I'd rather not do that!
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2011 at 11:54am
I just don't see this movie working. It may have some funny jokes, but I'm sure no matter how it ends, it will dissapoint:

1)If the guy chooses Goodwin, we'll feel bad for Hudson. And if she's OK with it, it will be unbelievable...even if they come up with a twist that makes Hudson and the guy not a match...

2)The guy stays with Hudson, making it all seem like a waste of everyone's time. 

3)The guy gets away from both...to find himself (or something) -- Same as above.

On another issue, whenever Cage does a bad movie, he seems aware it's bad. Also,he has been in a lot of good movies, too. But Hudson...

As for ALMOST FAMOUS,I gave it **** but I don't think it deserved the Oscar, or being in any "Best of the decade" lists. It wasn't that funny, and the "clever" parts weren't that original. And most people agree that Alba "won" for the other movies.

Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2011 at 2:19pm
4) Hudson started dating the guy because she secretly had a crush on Goodwin and she thought that if they came together, she would never have a chance with her. In the end Goodwin finds this out and discovers that the feeling is mutual. Hudson and Goodwin elope leaving the guy at the altar. 

Then many conservative Christians will walk all annoyed out of the movie theatre.

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2011 at 2:53pm
I think "conservative Christians" walk out of most movies these days -- if they even bother going to begin with. Hollywood is too liberal for their tastes anyway... 

Originally posted by Vheid

Then many conservative Christians will walk all annoyed out of the movie theatre.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>