Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > Forum Discussion & Add'l Info on SOMETHING BORROWED
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Member Discussion of SOMETHING BORROWED

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Member Discussion of SOMETHING BORROWED
    Posted: May 06 2011 at 8:53pm
Vheid, your theory is awesome. Too awesome for a movie this bad.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2011 at 5:14am
I'm a Christian, and I wouldn't mind if someone like Lance Bass made out with me, though I'd rather be with Ellen DedGeneres.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2011 at 12:08pm
So a woman has too much to drink on her 3rd decade celebration, then ends up in bed with a man she had a crush on in law school, who happens to be engaged to her best friend? I might have gotten that last part wrong, but that should've been an open-and-shut case of RAZZIE material.

To Vheid: How does the Christian Right factor into this?

To oiram: I last heard of Lance Bass over a year ago when he revealed he was either gay or bisexual. And I barely remember the BoyBand he was in. Heck, I can't even match the members with the bands!
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2011 at 1:00pm
To be fair, I said MANY CONSERVATIVE Christians.

I know not ALL Christians are like that (and never implied this), Just a very vocal group within the Christianity. This very vocal group were the people i was talking about.

oiram, If you (being a Christian) felt ofended by what i said (which could have felt like a stereotype), I am sorry.
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2011 at 3:52pm
I wasn't trying to seem offended, I was, at the core, just saying I'm not that kind of person. Personally, the only thing that offends me now are certain Muslims.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2011 at 4:57pm
I know that not all Christians are like that. Where I live, over 4 out of 5 teens follow at least 1 Christian sect or denomination. Most of the houses of worship, however, are tolerant of LGBT's.

That's why I say that the only type of religion I know is wrong is fundamentalism. It's the fundamentalist branches of the monotheistic religions that cause all the problems I can think of.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2011 at 12:53pm
I have no problem with religion, so long as religious people go by George Carlin's unwritten commandment: Keep thy religion to thy self! You want to live by and practice the rules of your dogma in private, fine, but don't moan and complain about society not following in your example to the letter or the government keeping the separation of church and state. Religion should only be between a man or woman and his/her God, not the public at large.
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2011 at 2:35pm
I saw episode 504, "The Super Best Friends" last night, and it reminded me of the other type of religion I also thought was wrong: "Extreme Religions." They're characterized by their cult-like mannerisms, frequent charges of rich sums of money, and promises of everlasting happiness in the afterlife by horrible means. Though mere mortals on Earth fight over the old religions, the sacred figures in all the major religions are Super Best Friends, who come to the rescue whenever an Extreme Religion threatens catastrophe.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2011 at 4:45pm
Now that you've changed your signature,I've seen 8 of your dozen.

This is like with Stephen King's novels(and movies too):A lot of them feature religious fanatics(maybe he had a bad childhood experience),but they happen to be christian so a lot of people assume he's making fun of christians when he's actually making fun of religious fanatism in general.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Gregory View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Gregory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2011 at 6:57pm
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2011 at 3:48am
What? Did the book this is based on even have a sequel?  

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2011 at 7:19pm
You mean now even rom-coms are getting on the "pre-planned sequel before we know if the first movie is a success or not" bandwagon?!  

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
jtucker View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote jtucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2011 at 2:10pm
I'm pretty disappointed that they ruined a good book. And yes, there was a sequel to the book -- it's called Something Blue.  
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2011 at 7:30pm
I just finished watching this and part of my soul died. The review will be up in the morning.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2011 at 9:59pm
Here in New York, it's after midnight, which means that it's morning here. Time to reveiw this. Also, I have a schedule update for I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell.

The good:

Jon Krasinski: Krasinski is the proverbial gold in a sh*t-pile. He's the only character that I didn't want to punch out and the only one to realize that the other characters are unlikeables douches.

The bad:

Ginnifer Goodwin: Goodwin is a massive disappointment in this. She's just as bad as everyone else except for Hudson. Wait 'till I get to her!

Ashley Williams: She plays Claire, a girl who's very annoying. The actress, who shares a name with the middle segment of the human centipede, is very untalented.

Luke Greenfield: I could attack this butt-munch in detail, but I'll just list this fact: the highlight of his directorial career* was The Girl Next Door with Elisha Cuthbert!!

The ugly:

Kate Hudson: A lot of people are mad that Hudson blew the good-will from Almost Famous on terrible rom-coms. I HATED Almost Famous! In fact, I think that I'd rather re-watch this than that!!! To get back on topic, Hudson is just absolutely terrible. Her character is unlikable and a terrible person and friend. Why is she friends with Goodwin?

The script: This feels less like a script and more like an attempt to fit as many cliches as possible!

The characters: This is the true death-knell of the movie. All the characters who aren't John Krasinski are horrible people who cheat and lie on each other. This, combined with the terrible acting, directing, and writing, make this one of the most unpleasent movies of the year. Grade: F

As mentioned in the intro, I'm changing the schedule for the I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell review. There's two reasons for this. The first one is that I found out that super-hack Richard Kelly produced it. The second was that I was brain-storming some future special reviews and most of them involved Richard Kelly. So, I've decided to make next week Richard Kelly Week!!!!! Here's the schedule:

Sunday: Donnie Darko
Monday: Domino
Tuesday: Southland Tales
Wednesday: World's Greatest Dad
Thursday: I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell
Friday: The Box
Saturday: Operation: Endgame

*I say directorial career because he, apparantly, produced Role Models.
SuperTeenTopia View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SuperTeenTopia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2011 at 6:32pm
What happened to Kate Hudson? She went from an Oscar nominee, to starring in one bad rom-com after another.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>