Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & INFO on 2013 RAZZIE® TITLES > THE INTERNSHIP
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Member Discussion of THE INTERNSHIP

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Member Discussion of THE INTERNSHIP
    Posted: June 05 2013 at 6:30am

WHETHER THIS FILM GETS SCATHING REVIEWS or NOT (and IT LOOKS HEADED for MIDDLING R.T. NUMBERS AT BEST) IS KIND of BESIDE the POINT. THE INTERNSHIP IS the FIRST FILM of ITS CALIBER to TRY and PALM OFF WHAT SHOULD RIGHTLY BE LABELED a FEATURE-LENGTH 'INFO-MERCIAL" as an ACTUAL FILM. 

APPARENTLY CONCEIVED and DEVELOPED by CO-STARS VINCE VAUGHN and OWEN WILSON, INTERNSHIP WAS MADE with the FULL COOPERATION (READ: CORPORATE INPUT and OVERSIGHT) of MEGA-MEDIA-GIANT GOOGLECORPORATE 'SUITS' HAD ADVANCE ACCESS to the SCRIPT, HAD SOME DEGREE of VETO POWER OVER ANYTHING THEY FOUND 'OBJECTIONABLE,' and GLADLY 'LENT' THEIR COMPANY 'CAMPUS' for EXTENSIVE ON-SITE FILMING. 

THE NOTION of VESTED INTERESTS MEDDLING in MOVIE-MAKING to the DEGREE THAT HAS HAPPENED HERE SHOULD SEND SHIVERS DOWN the SPINE of ANYONE WHO CARES ABOUT ART EXISTING SEPARATELY from COMMERCE. 

SPEAKING for MYSELF, I HONESTLY DON'T CARE IF a MOVIE IS FUNNY or NOT IF ITs MAIN REASON for EXISTENCE IS to SUBLIMINALLY 'SELL' ME SOMETHING. ON THAT BASIS ALONE, NO MATTER WHAT REVIEWS or GROSSES SUGGEST, THIS FILM's MOTIVES ARE TAINTED to the POINT WHERE I REFUSE to SPEND MY MONEY to SEE or SUPPORT IT.

ALL WHO DISAGREE with MY THESIS ARE WELCOME to POST THEIR OPPOSING OPINIONS BELOW -- AS, OF COURSE, ARE THOSE WHO AGREE. 

IT MAY SEEM a TAD HYSTERICAL, BUT HISTORICALLY, THIS FILMS SEEMS LIKE a TURNING POINT to ME: ARE WE, AS PAYING MOVIE-GOERS, GOING to EMBRACE the IDEA of ADS BEING WOVEN INTO OUR ENTERTAINMENT and COW to 'CORPORATE OVERLORDS'...OR ARE WE GOING to STAND UP and SAY 'f**k YOU!' to THOSE WHO WOULD TAKE US DOWN THAT PATH?? 

HERE's the LINK for OUR FORUM INFO PAGE on THIS FILM (INCLUDING a LINK to SEE R.T. NUMBERS ON IT)...

HERE's the LINK to CHECK OUT MY FOTO FUNNY for IT... 

...and, JUST to SHOW THAT MY ANTI-CORPORATE/60s FLASHBACK RANT ABOVE IS NOT ENTIRELY DELUSIONAL, HERE's the LINK to READ an L.A. TIMES ARTICLE ABOUT the 'SYNERGY' BETWEEN THIS FILM's MAKERS and the GAGGLE of GOOGLE EXECUTIVES WHO 'WORKED' on IT...

I WILL NOW STEP DOWN from MY SOAP-BOX and HAND OVER the 'KEYS to the GOOGLE CAMPUS' to YOU, OUR LOYAL FORUM POSTERS...   

* P.S. Thanks to Oiram for Providing the YouTube/Trailer LINK Above... 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
moviecritic1994 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2013 at 6:39am
This film looks like another vanity project (a lot of that going around apparently) by Google. Does Google even need a movie to promote itself? Countless millions of people on the internet use Google every day. Many people don't even bother to use any other Search engine, like ASK.com or Bing.

As for the film itself, it looks like another "Wedding Crashers" replica, with Vince Vaughan and Owen Wilson teaming up again. Note to studios: It They wasn't the actors whe were funny, the movie "Wedding Crashers" was. 

I do hope audiences won't get suckered into the nonsense and egotism of this film. 

If you care to find me, Look to the Western Sky :)
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2013 at 7:53am
I always try to use Bing instead. Google's search system really annoys me (and so does Google Chrome). Maybe the people at Google feel threatened by other search systems and that's why they'd feel the need to lend their name to a movie in this form. I don't wanna pay to watch this movie either.

It seems that Wilson and Vaughn are desperate to do another WEDDING CRASHERS. I can't really blame them, because they haven't had a hit since then (MIDNIGHT IN PARIS doesn't count because it's not a full-on comedy).
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2013 at 8:30am
The Onion has an awesome video take/review on this film: LINK...  

I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2013 at 9:50am
My thoughts exactly.

Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

The Onion has an awesome video take/review on this film: LINK... 

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2013 at 12:51pm
Since Google plays such an important role in this movie, what do you think of the idea of putting Google for Worst Supporting Actor on the nominating ballot? 

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2013 at 1:00pm

N-O-O-O-O!!! NO-O-O-O-O!!! NO-O-O-O-O-O!!!!

I'm sorry, Vheid, but I despise those kind of nominations!  

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2013 at 6:08pm
Oiram is right. A more appropriate response to this film would be to bring back our 2003 "Worst Excuse for a Movie" award. 

By the way, the R.T. rating started off at 45% this morning, and it's now down to 30%.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2013 at 3:08am
From USA Today's review: "Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson may be the worst interns since Monica Lewinsky!"    

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2013 at 10:35am
Here's the trailer for another movie Vince Vaughn is starring in this year. It's a remake of a Canadian movie called Starbuck: 

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2013 at 2:43pm
R.T. (30-35%): "Vaughn and Wilson make an undeniably charming pair, but the film weighs down their comic charisma with a formulaic script and padded running time that lean far too heavily on its stars' easygoing interplay".
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2013 at 9:12pm
Vaughn and Wilson are not charming, they are annoying! Their only exception would be Wedding Crashers, but like I said before, it was the movie that was funny, not THEM.

Anyway, I expect to see this movie get Worst Screen Couple and Worst Screen Ensemble nominations. 

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2013 at 11:18am
Weekend's Box office just came in. The Internship has opened in 4th place with $18.1 Million. So yeah, it's basically a DOA

Good news is "The Purge" opened with $36.1 Million, beating Fast 6 and taking the #1 Spot
Dun-Ida View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dun-Ida Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2013 at 3:59am
Here are my suggestions for this film to get Razzie nominations: 

Worst Picture. 

Worst Prequel, Remake, Rip-off or Sequel. A rip-off of the Razzie-winning "Mac and Me". Why? The idea of blatant product placement was obviously ripped off from "Mac and Me." 

Worst Director: Shawn Levy, who made no effort to make this an even decent comedy. Clearly he was only involved in this movie for a pay check. 

Worst Screenplay: Vince Vaughn and Jared Stern -- the screenplay offered too few laugh-worthy scenes. 

Directed by Michael Bay and M. Night Shyamalan comes...a movie guaranteed to win Razzies!
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2013 at 3:56pm
Leopoldo Muńoz (3/7): "Despite all its flaws, Shawn Levy creates a sort of charm that blends well the humour with the emotions, which helps us to connect with the lead characters".

Antonio Martínez (2/5): "A real comedy would laugh at Google and its culture by exposing its flaws. That's the nature of the genre: mistrust and anarchy. In this movie, comedy is a disguise. There are jokes here and there, but the true purposes are clear: Strategic communication, corporate image, and, public relations".
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2013 at 9:27pm
I saw this on the plane. For your consideration:

-Worst Supp. Actor for both Max Minghella and John Goodman (also for THE HANGOVER PART III).
-Worst Screenplay.
-Worst Excuse for a Movie (the 2003 category).

Oh, and maybe Worst Picture.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>