Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO. FORUMS & POLLS on 2012 RAZZIE® Choices... > MEMBER-STARTED DISCUSSIONS of 2012 RELEASES
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Member Discussion of THE WATCH

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Member Discussion of THE WATCH
    Posted: July 27 2012 at 10:32am
Here you go, fellas! The movie stars Ben Stiller, Vince Vaughn , Jonah Hill, and new-comer to American cinema, Richard Ayoade. It was directed by Lonely Island member Akiva Schaffer.WATCH was written by Evan Goldberg and Seth Rogen

So, go on...talk about it.  

* I should point out to people that if Schaffer  is nominated for Worst Director, and Andy Samberg gets nominated for Worst Supporting Actor/Worst Screen Couple/Worst Screen Ensemble for That's My Boy, that would mean that all three Lonely Island guys have been Razzie nominees  -- Jorma Taccone was already nominated a few years back... 

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2012 at 1:33pm
R.T. (10-15%): "It uneasily mixes sci-fi elements with gross-out gags and strands its talented cast with a script that favors vulgarity over wit at nearly every turn".

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2012 at 1:34pm

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2012 at 4:29pm
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2012 at 1:34pm
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2012 at 12:50pm
travis112096 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote travis112096 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2012 at 11:46am
@oiram this could be proof that the lonely island should all go back to snl and stick to digital shorts
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2012 at 12:16pm
I just saw it. For your consideration:
-Worst Supp. Actor for Will Forte (also for THAT'S MY BOY).
-Worst Supp. Actress for Rosemarie DeWitt (also for A LITTLE BIT OF HEAVEN).
-Worst Director.
travis112096 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote travis112096 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2012 at 3:51pm
@vits forte should also be consdiered for rock of ages as well
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2012 at 4:40pm
I thought about that, but the thing is that his performance in ROA was basically a cameo. However, if he does make it to the ballots, I wouldn't be against him being up for the 3 titles.
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2012 at 8:35pm
Well, we're late for the initial ballot, but:

Here's the Box Office Mojo webpage for The Watch.  Its budget was $68 million and its worldwide haul was $67 million.  If the rule of thumb that a movie needs to make double its budget still holds true, this one lost money.

Here's the Rotten Tomatoes webpage and the Metacritic webpage for The Watch.  RT's critic score is 17% and Metacritic's score is 36.  The critics panned this movie.

Here's the IMDb webpage for The Watch.  It's mainly here for the cast & crew, but note the rating.  Usually it's pumped up by all the people who worked on the movie and the people studios hire to pump up IMDb ratings on top of what theater-goers would post.  But it's sitting at a lowly 5.7.  That combined with the low box office means a lot of people didn't care for this movie.

So, I haven't seen it.  Was there anything redeemable about this movie?

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2013 at 9:53am
Do I agree with its Razzie snub? Skip to 07:10 to find out:

Any thoughts?
 Post Reply Post Reply